National HD Channel Roll-Out Plans

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
Huge difference: those channels have stuff on them all the time; sometimes HD sometimes SD upconverts. BUT RSNs have a screen-saver, sometimes for days at a time. To me that is not a small difference.

The previous post is very accurate: there is a lot of repeating on HD channels. Then again, this is true on most "cable" channels (what I call them) too.
No only on E* do the HD RSN's have screen savers.My SNYHD on Dish is part time. Now on D* its a full time channel.Just like ESPN. Sometimes there shows in HD sometimes in SD.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Once again, you guys are proving the point over and over and over again, WHO CARES? One person's gold is another's crap. Its why I prefer the Sunday Ticket (or anything sports) and locals, etc as my HD addition FIRST, they, although not always F/T HD content, provide the first run shows or one time live events (some rare occasions a premium might). Right now in the HD infancy, I could care less (for now) about having an HD channel just for the sake of saying I have it if the majority of the content is movies/shows I have seen 1000 times before. But that is what I prefer right now; YMMV and thus this is a no right, no wrong, 100% prerogative deal that is just beating a dead horse over.

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
Huge difference: those channels have stuff on them all the time; sometimes HD sometimes SD upconverts. BUT RSNs have a screen-saver, sometimes for days at a time. To me that is not a small difference.

The previous post is very accurate: there is a lot of repeating on HD channels. Then again, this is true on most "cable" channels (what I call them) too.

SNY, YES, and NESN are full time channels in hd on D*. There are others, but I don't know exactly how many.

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
Ok I think we got it now. This is Directvs list of FULL TIME RSNHD channel.
NESN
CSN Mid Atlantic
CSN Chicago
YesHD
Sports Net NY HD

Those are the only Full time RSNHD channels I could find. If there's more please add them.
E* has no full time HD RSN's

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
Once again, you guys are proving the point over and over and over again, WHO CARES? One person's gold is another's crap. Its why I prefer the Sunday Ticket (or anything sports) and locals, etc as my HD addition FIRST, they, although not always F/T HD content, provide the first run shows or one time live events (some rare occasions a premium might). Right now in the HD infancy, I could care less (for now) about having an HD channel just for the sake of saying I have it if the majority of the content is movies/shows I have seen 1000 times before. But that is what I prefer right now; YMMV and thus this is a no right, no wrong, 100% prerogative deal that is just beating a dead horse over.
No ones fighting here,we are all trying to get a count. I don't see the problem! No forcing anyone to look either.Isn't that what this thread is about HD roll out. ? No one beating a dead horse either. Directv's HD horse is yet to be born. I enjoy getting facts. Its nice to know for sure whats going on.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
It seemed it was sliding back into the usual "we have more; no we have more" BS. Just count any and all HD channels; F/T or not; full season or not; it ends all the debate. Like I said, my opinion is that 5, 7, 10, or 20 or 50 P/T NFL, LiL, RSN channels or season pack HD's are better than any amount F/T re-run TV (for now). According to most customer research, the majority of users prefer it this way as well. Just count them all.

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
I guess I really stirred up the hornets nest. What I really meant to ask was. What channels will you get if all you pay for is the HD package. No movie channels that you have to pay extra for or no RSN's that you have to buy the Sports pack for. Which one will have the most HD channels?

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
It seemed it was sliding back into the usual "we have more; no we have more" BS. Just count any and all HD channels; F/T or not; full season or not; it ends all the debate. Like I said, my opinion is that 5, 7, 10, or 20 or 50 P/T NFL, LiL, RSN channels or season pack HD's are better than any amount F/T re-run TV (for now). According to most customer research, the majority of users prefer it this way as well. Just count them all.
Well Trust me I'm not trying to do the we have more no I have more . I want to know what I'm really going to have.

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
I guess I really stirred up the hornets nest. What I really meant to ask was. What channels will you get if all you pay for is the HD package. No movie channels that you have to pay extra for or no RSN's that you have to buy the Sports pack for. Which one will have the most HD channels?
I'm not stirred up. Maybe others are .I don't no why they would be its only TV. I'm researching and having fun,not trying to compete.I just want to know where I'm staying with satellite tv myself.

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT

Bbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT

That will depend on the dma you are in. Here in CT, we get YES and SNY in hd, and will get NESN when D10 goes live. There are three other rsn's I get in sd that could be hd someday. I don't think any other area gets as many.

Ramy

Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
That will depend on the dma you are in. Here in CT, we get YES and SNY in hd, and will get NESN when D10 goes live. There are three other rsn's I get in sd that could be hd someday. I don't think any other area gets as many.

I forgot about that too. I will have no locals in HD other than the NY channels I get. My DMA doesn't look to go online anytime soon. Maybe ScoBuck can chime in with some sort of list of what they are working on. My DMA is #64 (Huntington, WV/Charleston, WV)

ScoBuck

'Just Chillin'
Supporting Founder
Jul 11, 2006
Long Island, NY
I forgot about that too. I will have no locals in HD other than the NY channels I get. My DMA doesn't look to go online anytime soon. Maybe ScoBuck can chime in with some sort of list of what they are working on. My DMA is #64 (Huntington, WV/Charleston, WV)

I spoke with my person recently - but as I posted, they have not yet put any locals launch dates on the schedule.

The HD locals people are very busy - they are also working on getting carriage set for many additional channels within the DMAs already lit, as well as for new markets

Ramy

Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
I spoke with my person recently - but as I posted, they have not yet put any locals launch dates on the schedule.

The HD locals people are very busy - they are also working on getting carriage set for many additional channels within the DMAs already lit, as well as for new markets

Thanks for the update buddy.

Questioner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 27, 2006

Where has it been confirmed that d10 going live will have anything to do with what hd rsns you get in local regions. The rsns that have anything do with the new launch will be national beams, not local conus, so you will probably get nesn hd when the rest of the country goes, but of course blackouts will apply to games.

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
From the above listed site - HUH?

Welcome to StopHDLite.com
HDTV is considered as 1920x1080i or 1280x720p Resolutions with Bitrates of 19.4Mbps
No TV Service Provider should not Downgrade the signal, Call & Complain
HDTV is also considered with an Max Resolution of 1920x1080p Which is the future of HDTV Broadcasts, With ESPN-HD switching to the 1920x1080p format soon
********* Some Channels listed below might not be available in your area, Check with the provider for more details ********

Emphasizing the double negative? ;)

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
Where has it been confirmed that d10 going live will have anything to do with what hd rsns you get in local regions. The rsns that have anything do with the new launch will be national beams, not local conus, so you will probably get nesn hd when the rest of the country goes, but of course blackouts will apply to games.

Just for clarification Bob, was there a question in there?

ScoBuck

'Just Chillin'
Supporting Founder
Jul 11, 2006
Long Island, NY

What is a 'local region'?

What are 'local conus'?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)