National HD Poll Week of 5-28-08

How many new National HD channels will be avaialble by Monday

• None (0) - Get real, we just got 22 new HD channels.

Votes: 162 69.5%
  • A few (1-3) - Dish will throw us a bone or two or three.

Votes: 44 18.9%
  • Several (4-8) - Dish is trying hard but there were legal/technical/strategic issues.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Abut Half (9-12) - Here's the Summer batch but don't get used to it.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Most of them (13-17) - The rest will be available "soon" (AKA the Fall).

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • The Full Monty (18-20+) - OK quit whining and start watching.

Votes: 10 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TalonDancer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
It's Uplink Tuesday - you know, the day before the "normal" Wednesday uplinks -- when antsy Dish subs start wondering out loud about what new National HD (if any) Dish will make available. And this Tuesday, we have 20 MPEG4 HD temp channels that were up-linked last week. So place your bets on how many of these will be available by next Monday. The winners get bragging rights on calling the shots :)

Talon Dancer

unless something has changed, very few of those temp channels have anything streaming to them.
So does that mean you aren't the person that voted for the Full Monty? :rolleyes:

Talon Dancer

Edit: Now there are two complete wackos err.. flaming optimists. So you have cover:)

without voom HD you are better off at directv with 90 HD for a cheaper price as most of dish is up converted anyway so those 22 channels are not really HD at all!

Yeah, I dont know that he's a troll, but he does not understand how hd channel launches work and whos fault it is. Saying that the new adds look bad because Dish is upconverting makes me shake my head. Its the SAME as on D* genius.

I voted zero, but the only one I see as possible is WGN because I think it was mentioned that the video feed has been up there.

without voom HD you are better off at directv with 90 HD for a cheaper price as most of dish is up converted anyway so those 22 channels are not really HD at all!
We thought you were halfway intelligent until you posted this. D* gets the same source material that E* gets. Any upconverting is done by the supplier.

They have to answer for the Voom, they know it.

They have to make the Ultimate package worth it.

They will throw some up this week.

A few in the essentials, a few in the ultimate.

Thats where my money is.

Just curious...but are you making up a June 1 deadline for this poll, or was there some rumor or indication that June 1 (like May 1) might bring good things?
I also voted none.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)