Native Mode??

fireman1000

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
I have the new software. My TV doesn't do 720p so I prefer Native Mode which will up convert my TV to 1080i automatically and does a better job stretching SD channels than the voom receiver. My problem is everytime I enter the installation menu, the receiver always go to 720p and my picture distorts and I can't see anything. I don't see a setting to change to native mode while using the remote. I see 1080i and the rest but no native. Anybody know any other way to change other than pressing the little red button on the receiver as always??

I'm not familiar with the new software/firmware as I probably got it last night while sleeping. Try setting that tresolution in the menu to 1080i because it may be a setting for the fromat of the menu's only and the red button is for the programming. Try this and see what it does.

fireman,

native mode is not available yet through the remote. You still need to press the Red button for native mode.

Is there a way to more quickly change resolution. I use voom through dvi. DVI on my TV doesn't support 480i. I would like to leave TV in native and let TV scaler do the heavy lifting, but can't b/c of this problem. So can I:

1. Pass through 480p, 720p and 1080i but have all 480i converted to any of the above?

2. Not have to go all the way through system settings to change rez?

I'm guessing no and no. :river

fireman1000 said:
I have the new software. My TV doesn't do 720p so I prefer Native Mode which will up convert my TV to 1080i automatically and does a better job stretching SD channels than the voom receiver. My problem is everytime I enter the installation menu, the receiver always go to 720p and my picture distorts and I can't see anything. I don't see a setting to change to native mode while using the remote. I see 1080i and the rest but no native. Anybody know any other way to change other than pressing the little red button on the receiver as always??

I thought Native Mode meant straight pass through, meaning it will send 720p straight to your TV? Are you telling me your TV has an upconverter inside? Damn that's a nice feature the only thing I don't like about my Phillips is no 720p only 1080i or 480p, but it does not convert, so I just leave it at 1080i. I tried watching FOX ED and ABC 720p sports programming at 480p however it still ended up looking a little better at 1080i upconvert for some reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)