Native on or Off

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
It depends on you display but on all of my 720p native displays (see sig), I set the DirecTV receiver to:

Native : OFF
Format: ORIGINAL
TV Res: 1080i Only
I do the same thing on my 900p Philips 19 inch TV. I have noticed that if I leave Native set to on, there is a bigger delay in tuning to each channel when I channel surf

I do the same thing on my 900p Philips 19 inch TV. I have noticed that if I leave Native set to on, there is a bigger delay in tuning to each channel when I channel surf

Evert set is like this with a usual set of associated clicks as the Rec/TV do a series of handshakes to adjust the resolution. I don't know how serious channel changers could ever leave native on.

Set mine to:
Native Off
Format Original
1080p

Both lights are staying lit showing I'm in 1080p. Picture looks good to me and faster channel changes. Going to keep it this way awhile to see if I like it. So far so good.

I thought 1080p was only on certain VOD's, not full time.

It is only for the VOD's, but the software still overrides the box & displays both lights. For normal Mpeg-4 stuff, he would be watching either 1080i or 720p (whatever would be native for his TV).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)