NBA 2008-09 Season

I'd imagine the Raptors will want a lot in return. I doubt they make a trade to just acquire expiring contracts. They will want some substantial young building blocks. With that said, I can't see any of the teams that are currently a threat to contend for a Championship to pursue him. (Too much of a risk to break-up the core). I do see teams on the fringe pursuing him though. Possibly the Heat, Knicks, Pistons, Mavs, etc.

Count the Heat out and forget about a trade. ALL those teams mentioned as well as the Cavs are going to sit this out because they will ask for the moon. Why trade ANYTHING of value when they can just wait and give up nothing as far as talent nor draft picks in return.

Count the Heat out and forget about a trade. ALL those teams mentioned as well as the Cavs are going to sit this out because they will ask for the moon. Why trade ANYTHING of value when they can just wait and give up nothing as far as talent nor draft picks in return.

Because:

A) Adding a Bosh to their team for the next 1.5 years will give said team a more significant advantage to compete for a Championship.

B) By adding Bosh now to their team will allow them to have an upper hand at resigning him once he becomes a free agent due to the Larry Bird clause.

C) It would give said franchise 1.5 years to personally sell Bosh on why he should resign with said team once he becomes a free agent.

D) They're scarred another team will sign him and they will miss out.

Because:

A) Adding a Bosh to their team for the next 1.5 years will give said team a more significant advantage to compete for a Championship.

B) By adding Bosh now to their team will allow them to have an upper hand at resigning him once he becomes a free agent due to the Larry Bird clause.

C) It would give said franchise 1.5 years to personally sell Bosh on why he should resign with said team once he becomes a free agent.

D) They're scarred another team will sign him and they will miss out.

And what would you, being a Cav fan, think you would have to give up?? We know that it will not be Lebron. So would have to include AT LEAST one #1 pick, MAYBE two. AND at least 2 starters....Look back at the Heat trade for Shaq. Personally, I think they gave up too much. They gave them 3 of their 5 starters PLUS a #1. That is what you are possibly looking at to make this trade. Now, IF you would ASSURED ME that Bosh is GOING TO STAY, then the THOUGHT has to be entertained...no question. But WHO is to say that he will like Cleveland? Or get along with Lebron or the management? Maybe he would like NYC, Miami, LA or Dallas? THIS is why alot of teams will more than likely not pull the trigger. Those that will have the cap space, would rather wait and not risk losing almost half of your starting roster AND a #1.

And what would you, being a Cav fan, think you would have to give up?? We know that it will not be Lebron. So would have to include AT LEAST one #1 pick, MAYBE two. AND at least 2 starters....Look back at the Heat trade for Shaq. Personally, I think they gave up too much. They gave them 3 of their 5 starters PLUS a #1. That is what you are possibly looking at to make this trade. Now, IF you would ASSURED ME that Bosh is GOING TO STAY, then the THOUGHT has to be entertained...no question. But WHO is to say that he will like Cleveland? Or get along with Lebron or the management? Maybe he would like NYC, Miami, LA or Dallas? THIS is why alot of teams will more than likely not pull the trigger. Those that will have the cap space, would rather wait and not risk losing almost half of your starting roster AND a #1.

Refer back to my original post. I already said the Cavs probably won't be a part of this trade since we're already close to a Championship with the core we have. I do think Bosh makes sense for a team on the fringe or on a team at the beginning of next year looking to put all their chips in by making a 1 year Championship run.

Kobe picked up the slack big-time in the wake of Bynum's injury:

61 points!

Oh, and Gasol had 31 points himself.

126 points by the Lakers?! Why don't the Knicks try playing a little defense. They can't seriously expect to compete for the playoffs by playing this style of ball where they try to out-shoot their opponents night in and night out do they?

126 points by the Lakers?! Why don't the Knicks try playing a little defense. They can't seriously expect to compete for the playoffs by playing this style of ball where they try to out-shoot their opponents night in and night out do they?

Well it's been working OK against a lot of other teams. Knicks just don't have the personnel right now to match up with the Lakers. Give it a couple of years... ;)

Sandra

Week in Review. 10 Thoughts on the NBA by HD MM

1. Kobe lit up the Knicks last night for 61 pts and showed everyone that he’s still the game’s greatest offensive force. Which, unfortunately, isn’t what they need him to be. That won't work against the type of teams by which the Lakers are measured. There's a lesson to be found in the fact that Bryant has scored almost seven points fewer in Lakers wins that losses this season.

2. Andrew Bynum will have to miss 8-12 weeks with an MCL tear in his right knee. A serious blow to a dominatnt team. Can the Lakers still win a title without Bynum?

3. Why can’t big guys hit from the stripe? It seems like a simple question, but after Wilt Chamberlain (51.1%), Shaq (52.7%), Chris Dudley (45.8%) and Ben Wallcae (41.8%) struggled for years, it seems to have gone unanswered.

4. Introducing the 2009 NBA All Star Jersey's....

uniforms-final.jpg

5. Looks like both Bosh and Colangelo are denying the reports of Chris Bosh wanting out of Toronto. The latest in what’s going to be an ongoing story until the free-agency class of 2010 is on the market – including LeBron James and Miami’s Dwyane Wade – came Sunday when ESPN entertainer Stephen A. Smith, citing no sources, said Bosh had already informed Colangelo he wouldn’t re-sign when he’s a free agent in 16 months.

“It obviously didn’t happen,” said Colangelo. “It’s one of those things that unfortunately I guess there’s an obligation to answer the question. … There just doesn’t seem to a lot of accountability with respect to the topic sometimes.”

6. LeBron James named Player of the Month for January. Not bad for a month that included a trip out west: “Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James was named today as the NBA’s Eastern Conference Player of the Month for games played in the month of January. In 14 games during the month, James averaged 27.5 points on .456 shooting, 9.6 rebounds and 8.1 assists per game. James has now won the award for the ninth time in his career and for the second time this season.”

7. The News Herald reports that Cavs SG, Delonte West might be back a bit before the all-star break.

“The last report I got, this is coming off on Thursday,” he said. “This is exciting news. Plus, I’m running out of suits.”

8. Remember Antonio McDyess and how he finagled his way back to Detroit after the AI-Billups trade? First off, credit the guy's loyalty. He had no idea that the team he was returning to would struggle on the court with rotation questions, identity problems, and potentially chemistry problems with their coach. But fast forward to today, how does he feel now?

“You look at the other side sometimes and think, but I don’t try and second guess myself,” he said. “I made this decision. I’ll live with it, and move on.”

I wonder if he's regretting not accepting the offers from Boston and Cleveland?

9. Who woke up the sleeping Giant in the San Antonio Spurs?! They've won 13 of their last 16. I guess the Spurs do have more gas in the tank after all. This team is going to be a force in the West this playoff season.

10. This Wednesday, LeBron and the Cavs will visit Madison Square Garden for the last time this year. Once again, I'm fretting the Big Apple buzz that's sure to come.

10. This Wednesday, LeBron and the Cavs will visit Madison Square Garden for the last time this year. Once again, I'm fretting the Big Apple buzz that's sure to come.

Funny thing...if he says NOTHING, the NY media will make an issue of it...if he says something, the NYC media will make the issue that he is "warming up to NYC"....LOL!!

See what happens when you DON'T squash rumors and inuendos IMMEDIATELY! LOL!!

Good games tonight...

7:00 Boston - Philadelphia

A letdown here for the Celtics? Sixers always get up for this game.

7:00 Toronto - Cleveland

This one could be ugly. The Cavs are looking for a blowout, this could be it.

8:30 Chicago - Houston

Rockets are always fun to watch. Bulls look like they're fading away.

9:00 San Antonio - Denver

Back to back nights are tough on the Spurs. They're getting old. Carmelo makes the Nuggets very tough.

Sandra

Good games tonight...

7:00 Boston - Philadelphia

A letdown here for the Celtics? Sixers always get up for this game.
Sandra

I was thinking the same thing, for two obvious reasons:

1. KG will miss his second consecutive game with the flu.

2. The Celtics may get caught looking ahead to Thursday night vs. the Lakers.

AND it's a LONG TIME rivalry.....

Yes, that too. :up

And I'm certainly not selling the Sixers short.

Like last season, they're starting to turn it around after a bad start.

The biggest difference this year, however, is they've got Elton Brand!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)