NBA 2008-09 Season

Two battle of the unbeatens went to the visiting teams tonight:

The Pistons (4-0) defeated Toronto (3-1), 100-93.

The Hawks (3-0) defeated New Orleans (3-1), 87-79.

Looks like that seven-game series with Boston may have been the spark to revitalize Atlanta, a good team in the 1990s but HORRIBLE for most of the 2000s!

Our first monster performance of the year:

Amare Stoudemire had 40 points against the Pacers.

There were multiple "monster performances" last night....

LeBron had 41 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists and 4 steals in the win over Chicago.

Tony Parker had 55 points, 7 rebounds and 10 assists in the overtime win against the Timberwolves.

Can anyone tell me why Chicago doesn't have Ben Gordon starting at SG while Larry Hughes is injured? Instead, they have Thabo Sefalosha starting at that spot!

Last night, Ben Gordon scored 31 points off the bench! Thabo scored ZERO!

This would create a starting lineup of:

PG- Derrick Rose
SG- Ben Gordon
PF- Drew Gooden
PF- Tyrus Thomas
SF- Luol Deng

The Bulls would also have PG- Kirk Heinrich and PF- Joakim Noah coming off the bench. Once Larry Hughes gets back, this team should have a lot of weapons.

Despite being small and young, I like what this Bulls team is doing. They are in desperate help of a legitamite big man/ center though. And from what I saw last night, Derrick Rose IS the real deal! This kid is going to be a star in this league for quite some time.

In just a few posts above, you said earlier that LBJ wouldn't come to Detroit! :confused:

I agree with LeBron's desire to play with a winner. But the thing is, Cavalier's owner, Daniel Gilbert is committed to winning too! Daniel Gilbert has done everything in his power to build around LeBron. Gilbert has even built a state of the art practice facility halfway in between Akron and Cleveland for the Cavs and LeBron. Plus, every contract besides the new guys we drafted and Mo Williams will be off the books in 2010. Like Detroit, we will be able to sign anybody else we want.

So, you see Paul, Detroit really doesn't offer any true advantage over what Cleveland has to offer. Besides, LeBron's a Buckeyes fan. Why would he want to move to that nasty school up North?

I've been known to flip-flop depending on how my "meds" are working.:D

Tonight's TNT Doubleheader:

8:00pm ET- Sixers at Magic

10:30pm ET- Rockets at Blazers

I don't have the NFL Network!

Unless you know a way I can see the game online, Elton Brand vs. Dwight Howard doesn't sound like a bad matchup.:D

I got remote ready tonight:

NBA doubleheader
Broncos-Browns
Maryland-Virginia Tech
Maple Leafs-Bruins
Revolution-Fire Game 2 on ESPN2

Tonight's ESPN Doubleheader:

8:00pm ET- Heat at Spurs

10:30pm ET- Mavericks at Nuggets

Why does TNT and ESPN have such a love affair with the Enver Nuggets??? :confused:

While most of us were paying attention to the Broncos/Browns game, there was an INSANE ending to last night's Rockets/Blazers game:

[YOUTUBE]psIxlKyjQeg[/YOUTUBE]

While most of us were paying attention to the Broncos/Browns game, there was an INSANE ending to last night's Rockets/Blazers game:

[youtube]psIxlKyjQeg[/youtube]

Sabres, thanks for sharing.

I'm so mad that I missed that..............WOW, what an ending!!!

It's not every day that you see potentially three game winning shots in less than two seconds!