NBA 2008-09 Season

Is Stuckey's the point, does that mean Rip Hamilton or Tayshaun Prince will be coming off the bench?! Uh oh. I don't know how the old guys will take to that.

HD MM, who are the OLD guys? McDyess and Wallace are up there, if you call 33-34 old. McDyess is gone (for now), and Wallace is a free agent this summer. The name of the game now is: Stuckey, Johnson, Maxiell, Prince, Brown, Afflalo, Herrmann - all under 30, some well under. Hamilton I believe is 30. A good team that just got better.

I think you will see more 3 guard packages. Don't forget Hamilton is 6' 7'', and Prince has impressive ball handling skills. I see Iverson taking over the point and Stuckey still coming off the bench.

Hamilton was signed to a 3 yr. extension yesterday. The Pistons won handily yesterday, without Billups, McDyess, or Iverson.

The Pistons have been playing 11 people in all three games, so minutes are at a premium for everyone. The only question is getting Iverson to blend in, which I don't see as a problem. It will be exciting to watch the Pistons play again. I'll admit, it was getting kind of boring around here.

And here's the best part - next season we have $36M under the cap to play with for free agents next summer and in '10. Can you spell LeBron, Wade, Bosh, etc...?

Oh, pulease. You're not going to start on this LeBron to (fill-in-the-blank) in 2010 speculation too, now are you Paul? :confused:

Why should everyone else have the fun?

I'll tell you what. Let him play out the remaining 2 years here in Cleveland and IF he brings this city to a Championship, I will gladly let him go onto "greener pastures" with no hard feelings. But until then, let Cleveland have him all to ourselves. :)

HD MM, who are the OLD guys? McDyess and Wallace are up there, if you call 33-34 old. McDyess is gone (for now), and Wallace is a free agent this summer. The name of the game now is: Stuckey, Johnson, Maxiell, Prince, Brown, Afflalo, Herrmann - all under 30, some well under. Hamilton I believe is 30. A good team that just got better.

By "old", I meant veteran Piston guys. The ones with more tenure never like to loose PT to the new hire (Iverson).

The potential free agent class in 2010 is mind-boggling:

LeBron James
Dwayne Wade
Amare Stoudamire (I would LOVE for the Celtics to get him)
Chris Bosh
Dirk Nowitzki
Jermaine O'Neal
Tracy McGrady
Joe Johnson
Manu Ginobili
Michael Redd
Tyson Chandler

The potential free agent class in 2010 is mind-boggling:

LeBron James :up:D
Dwayne Wade :up:D
Amare Stoudamire (I would LOVE for the Celtics to get him) :up:D
Chris Bosh :up:D
Dirk Nowitzki
Jermaine O'Neal
Tracy McGrady :up:D
Joe Johnson
Manu Ginobili :up:D
Michael Redd :up
Tyson Chandler

INMO, I have indicated the best of the crop...the rest are situational type players. More than likely, James and Wade will be staying with their team. The rest, I think it will be a crap shoot.

Great NBA game tonight, amidst all the Election Day activities.

In a possible NBA Finals preview, the Celtics travel to Houston to take on the Rockets. The game will be televised on NBA-TV.

Tonight's NBA schedule:

7:30pm ET- Phoenix at New Jersey

8:30pm ET- Dallas at San Antonio

8:30pm ET- Boston at Houston

BIG win for the Celtics in Houston tonight!

Now it's on to Oklahoma City and the Thunder tomorrow night.

INMO, I have indicated the best of the crop...the rest are situational type players. More than likely, James and Wade will be staying with their team. The rest, I think it will be a crap shoot.

I don't see Wade leaving. As for Lebron, let me say this: Maybe NY is not his final destination, and maybe it could be the Pistons. This man wants to be known as the best in the game, and that requires rings. In Detroit he will find a GM (Joe Dumars) who is absolutely committed to the same quest, with plenty of $$$ in cap space ($36M) to pursue all of the needed pieces. I would never have thought of Lebron coming here until I thought about the "rings" part of the equation. Sorry HD MM, but even you got to admit that this makes sense.

I still think Dumar's eyes are on Chris Bosh, or maybe Stoudemaire.

I don't see Wade leaving. As for Lebron, let me say this: Maybe NY is not his final destination, and maybe it could be the Pistons.

In just a few posts above, you said earlier that LBJ wouldn't come to Detroit! :confused:

This man wants to be known as the best in the game, and that requires rings. In Detroit he will find a GM (Joe Dumars) who is absolutely committed to the same quest, with plenty of $$$ in cap space ($36M) to pursue all of the needed pieces. I would never have thought of Lebron coming here until I thought about the "rings" part of the equation. Sorry HD MM, but even you got to admit that this makes sense.

I agree with LeBron's desire to play with a winner. But the thing is, Cavalier's owner, Daniel Gilbert is committed to winning too! Daniel Gilbert has done everything in his power to build around LeBron. Gilbert has even built a state of the art practice facility halfway in between Akron and Cleveland for the Cavs and LeBron. Plus, every contract besides the new guys we drafted and Mo Williams will be off the books in 2010. Like Detroit, we will be able to sign anybody else we want.

So, you see Paul, Detroit really doesn't offer any true advantage over what Cleveland has to offer. Besides, LeBron's a Buckeyes fan. Why would he want to move to that nasty school up North?

Tonight's ESPN Doubleheader:

8:00pm ET- Bulls at Cavaliers

10:30pm ET- Nuggets at Warriors

That should be a good one. I'm looking forward to seeing former Cavs', Drew Gooden and Larry Hughes, not to mention rookie Derrick Rose.

Yup. Any combo of the Bulls/Cavs/Pistons trifecta has been an historically hard fought defensive struggle.