NBA 2008-09 Season

Remember, I was a Syracuse fan growing up, but they aren't good anymore.

I still hope they can someday recover, but Tech is my favorite team from the 'power conferences.'

What about the '02-'03 Syracuse NCAA Basketball team? They won the National Championship with Carmello Anthony that year.

What about the '02-'03 Syracuse NCAA Basketball team? They won the National Championship with Carmello Anthony that year.

I grew up a fan of both their football and basketball. VERY happy to see them win it all, though I honestly thought they were a year away. I didn't expect them to defeat THREE powerful Big 12 teams in Oklahoma, Texas, and Kansas.

The Syracuse football team is now in disarray and needs to get rid of Greg Robinson to become what they used to be- a consistent top 10-20 team.

I grew up a fan of both their football and basketball. VERY happy to see them win it all, though I honestly thought they were a year away. I didn't expect them to defeat THREE powerful Big 12 teams in Oklahoma, Texas, and Kansas.

The Syracuse football team is now in disarray and needs to get rid of Greg Robinson to become what they used to be- a consistent top 10-20 team.

I agree. The Carrier Dome and folks of upstate NY deserve better.

Bill Simmons also picked the Cavs over the Hornets in the NBA Finals:

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/081028"]Simmons: Predicting the NBA on a curve - ESPN Page 2[/ame]

Adam Morrison Got a Haircut

custom_1225306285282_ammo_01.jpg

YIKES!!!!!!!!:eek:

Great doubleheader on TNT tonight:

Houston at Dallas followed by New Orleans at Phoenix.

This Rockets-Mavs game has been outstanding! :up

Is it possible that the West will be even stronger this year? :eek:

By my count, there's 11 teams fighting for only 8 playoff spots: Lakers, Hornets, Jazz, Spurs, Rockets, Mavs, Suns, Blazers, Nuggets, Clippers and Warriors.

That one knocked for a loop, certainly didn't see this coming. I'm still digesting this. First impression is that it's a great trade for both teams. I was initially wondering what happens with Hamilton, but then I realized that Iverson also plays at the point, so nothing changes much in the backcourt. As for the frontcourt, there is a rumor that Denver plans to release McDyess, and he could end up back here, anyhow. If not, the Piston's needed to clear more minutes for Amir Johnson, Maxielll and Brown.

I suspect that the major reason for this trade is to clear cap space for a major free agent next summer. Who is coming out next summer?

As for the trade itself: Well, I like it. I've always thought that Iverson is one of the best "little" men to play the game, and I thought at the end of last season that the Pistons needed a change to their core if they wanted to score another championship. Iverson should be sufficiently motivated to play his butt off, seeing that this is a contract season, not to mention a pretty good shot at a ring. Not that I ever had reason to question his "desire".

So I guess I'll sit back and see how this works out.

Hi, Paul.

Don't know if this trade is good or not, but Detroit at least has a guy who can score a lot of points, and he's away from the selfish Carmelo.

Can't wait for you latest 'Daze of Our Lions!'