West Finals
Lakers over Jazz

NBA FINALS
Lakers over Magic

AWARDS
MVP: Chris Paul (Hornets)
Rookie of the Year: Greg Oden (Blazers)
Sixth Man: Rodney Stuckey (Pistons)
Coach of the Year: Phil Jackson (Lakers)

Last night, the Cavs played their preseason game at tOSU's basketball arena!

I know HD doesn't care about NBA preseason games, but I'm sure you loved the idea of your favorite NBA team in tOSU's hardcourt place.

Last night, the Cavs played their preseason game at tOSU's basketball arena!

I know HD doesn't care about NBA preseason games, but I'm sure you loved the idea of your favorite NBA team in tOSU's hardcourt place.

Yes, I heard. And it should also be noted that the Cavs routed the lowly Wizards yet again, 107-80. Looking forward to the home opener against Boston! I can't wait to see LeBron start to build chemistry with his new PG (Mo Williams). Hopefully Mo's the missing piece to this Championship bound team.

salsa, as a Heat fan, how many wins do you see, after last year's ungodly debacle?

ALSO a 76ers fan! ;)

SO MUCH can happen, that is why I HATE doing ANY PREDICTION because you would have to ASSUME there will be no injuries, no trades and no star having a down year. That's ALOT to assume.

So...baring ALL OF THE ABOVE...the Heat will end up with a 42-40 record AT BEST and 35-47 at worst. EITHER WAY, it's a massive improvement.:up

Opening Night: Cleveland @ Boston

Cleveland @ Boston- TNT- 8pm

Bill, where are you? Let's get it on!

2008-2009- Cavaliers Season Analysis

I must say that going into this season, this is without a doubt, the season filled with the highest expectations in Cavaliers history.

LeBron is under contract with the Cavs for 2 more years and at 23, he is just starting to hit his prime. LeBron is surrounded by more talent than ever before as a Cav. Could this be the year they put it all together?

The Cavs had all of their players on time for camp without contract disputes or injuries. This is significant because last years hold-outs (Sasha Pavlovic and Anderson Varejao), never seemed to get back to form. This lineup has also had plenty of time to gell with their newly aquired players from the trade at the end of '08 and newly aquired Mo Williams.

Tonight is the regular season debut for the Cavaliers latest transaction- PG Mo Williams. Once a team weak at the PG position, we are now deep with Williams, Delonte West and Daniel "Boobie" Gibson. I'm excited to see the experimenting of various lineup combos, including the up-tempo lineup of LeBron, Mo, Delonte, Wally Szczerbiak and Ben Wallace on the court together!

If there is a weak spot on this team it has to be Power Forward. I am not completley convinced that Ben Wallace can remain healthy throughout the year. His backup is our 1st round draft pick, JJ Hickson. Although reports were high on him during training camp and preseason, his contribution to this team is still TBD.

In 2007, we made it to the NBA Finals albeit getting swept by the Spurs.

In 2008, we took the eventual Champions (Celtics) to a game 7 and lost primarily because we didn't have another shooter or shot creater besides LeBron.

In the 2008/2009 season, we now have that coveted 2nd scorer in Mo Williams. Will he have the impact that everyone in Cleveland is hopeful for? Will this Cavaliers team bring this city its first Championship since 1964? This seams like the year that this logical progression takes place!

Stay tuned!

But for now, Hey, Hey, Hey....... GO CAV'S!!!!!!!!

Emotional pre-game banner/ring ceremony by Boston. Seeing Paul Pierce ball his eyes out like that proved to me that there's still players out there that care about their team, city and winning titles and are not just egotistical money mongers. Paul does it for love of the game.

Anyways, this long NBA season is underway. If last night proved anything, it's that the road to the Championship will still be through Boston.

Too bad for Greg Oden. 13 minutes into the game, he left because of a presumed sprained foot. An MRI will be done today for further evaluation.

Nice start for the Bulls' Derrick Rose. 11 pts, 9 ast and 3 steals is a nice way to start your professional career.

Emotional pre-game banner/ring ceremony by Boston. Seeing Paul Pierce ball his eyes out like that proved to me that there's still players out there that care about their team, city and winning titles and are not just egotistical money mongers. Paul does it for love of the game.

Anyways, this long NBA season is underway. If last night proved anything, it's that the road to the Championship will still be through Boston.

Too bad for Greg Oden. 13 minutes into the game, he left because of a presumed sprained foot. An MRI will be done today for further evaluation.

Nice start for the Bulls' Derrick Rose. 11 pts, 9 ast and 3 steals is a nice way to start your professional career.

Well, until the NBA champs are eliminated, they are the team to beat in my opinion. I DO think the loss of James Possey has brought the Celtics closer to the pack, but no one made such a significant move to get closer to the Celtics.

...and for the doubters, I am NOT....I repeat NOT....a Celtics fan. I am an old school 76ers fan originally. And NOT self respecting '6ers fan would ever like the Celtics.

...Greg Oden....meet Sam Bowe. Seriously, I think Portland and big men are jinxed!

Derrick Rose is gonna be a star! Whether Kirk Hinrich, Deng and Ben Gordon ego can survive the fact that they were heavily mentioned to be traded....is another thing.

Well, until the NBA champs are eliminated, they are the team to beat in my opinion. I DO think the loss of James Possey has brought the Celtics closer to the pack, but no one made such a significant move to get closer to the Celtics.

...and for the doubters, I am NOT....I repeat NOT....a Celtics fan. I am an old school 76ers fan originally. And NOT self respecting '6ers fan would ever like the Celtics.

...Greg Oden....meet Sam Bowe. Seriously, I think Portland and big men are jinxed!

Derrick Rose is gonna be a star! Whether Kirk Hinrich, Deng and Ben Gordon ego can survive the fact that they were heavily mentioned to be traded....is another thing.

Nothing more fragile than a NBA ego, except for maybe a NFL WR.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts