NBA 2008-09 Season

1. NO
2. NO

Neither team would do it for either practical reason nor PR reason.

Re-read what I said about taking everything out of the equation except trying to win championships in the near future. The Heat would trade Wade for Lebron in an instant, the Cavs would never trade Lebron. Probably not even for Kobe.

Sandra

Wade is in the discussion, but is not EASILY one of the top three players in the world. It's partly because of his height.

There are a lot of others who are also part of that discussion. Wade is just one of them.

Again...can the Cavs win the championship right now? Yes.

Trade Lebron for Wade and can Wade lead the Cavs to the championship? No way.

Same goes for Kobe Bryant, so Wade is third at best...he's in the discussion for third, anyway.

Sandra

How good a player is has NOTHING to do with his height. Neither does the MVP. Ask Shaq, he should have CLEARLY won it a few years a go and they gave to someone more than a foot smaller in Steve Nash.

IF you were to trade Wade for Lebron straight up, Wade would get the nod because he HAS lead a team to the NBA championship. Don't think that for one minute that the Heat team that won the NBA championship was lead by Shaq....that was ALL Wade.

Re-read what I said about taking everything out of the equation except trying to win championships in the near future. The Heat would trade Wade for Lebron in an instant, the Cavs would never trade Lebron. Probably not even for Kobe.

Sandra

Again, IF you ask Miami, you would get the same answer as if you asked Cleveland or ask LA. ALL would say no.

I don't think you're right here, I think they would be smart and do it in a second. Just my opinion.

Sandra

Yes...that IS your opinion....but you live in NEITHER of these cities...so the information you would get is national and somewhat generic. If you were to get local info, NONE of those cities would do the trade.

Yes...that IS your opinion....but you live in NEITHER of these cities...so the information you would get is national and somewhat generic. If you were to get local info, NONE of those cities would do the trade.

I already said I'm putting this trade in a vacuum and making it solely about which player has a better chance of leading either team to the championship. That has nothing to do with where you live, and it's not about cities. Cities don't trade players anyway, teams do.

I'm leaving Wade's injury history out of this too.

Just talking about who is the better player (which is where this started), Lebron would give the Heat a better chance at a championship than hey have now. Wade would not give the Cavs a better chance than they have with Lebron.

Sandra

Wade is in the discussion, but is not EASILY one of the top three players in the world. It's partly because of his height.

There are a lot of others who are also part of that discussion. Wade is just one of them.

Again...can the Cavs win the championship right now? Yes.

Trade Lebron for Wade and can Wade lead the Cavs to the championship? No way.

Same goes for Kobe Bryant, so Wade is third at best...he's in the discussion for third, anyway.

Sandra

I actually like Chris Paul as #3 "in the world".

I just drove by a parking lot with a basket on it, and all the kids there were working on their "Crab Dribble".

Last edited:
How good a player is has NOTHING to do with his height. Neither does the MVP. Ask Shaq, he should have CLEARLY won it a few years a go and they gave to someone more than a foot smaller in Steve Nash.

IF you were to trade Wade for Lebron straight up, Wade would get the nod because he HAS lead a team to the NBA championship. Don't think that for one minute that the Heat team that won the NBA championship was lead by Shaq....that was ALL Wade.

Cause the Heat have been soooo dominant ever since they lost Shaq huh? :rolleyes:

If LeBron had a Shaq on his team he would've already gotten a Championship too.

BTW, the record books aren't closed yet. The King continues to rewrite the books and is still doing so currently....

I already said I'm putting this trade in a vacuum and making it solely about which player has a better chance of leading either team to the championship. That has nothing to do with where you live, and it's not about cities. Cities don't trade players anyway, teams do.

I'm leaving Wade's injury history out of this too.

Just talking about who is the better player (which is where this started), Lebron would give the Heat a better chance at a championship than hey have now. Wade would not give the Cavs a better chance than they have with Lebron.

Sandra

VACUUM? :rolleyes: IF you think that Miami would trade Wade for anyone OTHER than Michael Jordan in his prime....that is ONLY your opinion. That could ALSO be said with the Lakers trading Kobe or the Cavs trading Lebron. NONE would make the trade.

As far as leading a team to a championship.... Lebron and Wade having the same pieces to deal with....tell me, would you go with someone that KNOWS and HAS lead a team to a championship or would you go with someone that has more or less the same skills....and not won one...?? It's either experience or not....I would go with someone that knows how to do it.....and that is Wade.

Cause the Heat have been soooo dominant ever since they lost Shaq huh? :rolleyes:

If LeBron had a Shaq on his team he would've already gotten a Championship too.

BTW, the record books aren't closed yet. The King continues to rewrite the books and is still doing so currently....

Nope. They have not been dominant because that team was built for a one or two shot deal....that's it. I would be naive to think with an old Shaq, they were gonna be dominant. Bu then again, you aren't really naive to think you can start a dynasty with Ilgaulkas do you?:rolleyes:

IF Shaq shoulda stayed in Orlando with a young Penny Hardaway and a young Nick Anderson and a young Dennis Scot...they coulda have won a few championships. He woulda had more rings....

Hey....look..."shoulda, coulda, woulda.....and IF my aunt had balls, she woulda been my uncle....";)

As Michael Jordan once said, "....it do mean a thing if you ain't got that ring.....";)

All joking aside, to me Kobe is still the best player in the world. With a Lebron a close 2nd and Wade not to far behind. BUT IF the Heat make the playoffs, D-Wade WILL be the league MVP.