NBA 2011-2012 PLAYOFFS

This series is far from over, but here's the "irrelevant" Celtics one win from another trip to the Finals. Meanwhile, that "up and coming" team from the midwest hasn't played a meaningful game since pitchers and catchers reported to spring training. :rolleyes:

Big balls by the C's tonight.

Biggest mismatch in this series in coaching. Doc alternating man to zone, great rotation and I don't know a coach that draws up a better out of bounds plays. Sometimes it looks like the Heat do not have a clue in half court offense, and that's coaching.

I have never been prouder of any Boston team since the 1967 Sox. KG is a Celtic in every sense, with all the past greats. Ray Allen is in pain beyond what most of us could even walk to work with, and Pierce is a big time player, makes the money shots. All this being steered by Rivers. I gave them no chance, I feel foolish now. It is going to be pandamomium in the Garden for game 6.

I have never been prouder of any Boston team since the 1967 Sox. KG is a Celtic in every sense, with all the past greats. Ray Allen is in pain beyond what most of us could even walk to work with, and Pierce is a big time player, makes the money shots. All this being steered by Rivers. I gave them no chance, I feel foolish now. It is going to be pandamomium in the Garden for game 6.

Great post!! Ditto to all the above, especially feeling foolish. :eek:

I'm calling it right now- if Boston doesn't blow the series, Danny Ainge keeps most of the team together for 2012-13.

He'd have to be crazy to tinker too much with a potential NBA finalist- age be damned.

They may not keep Allen- you never know how healthy he'll be going forward, and he's clear cap space. but clearly, Garnett has been a different player since he got moved to center, Bradley's shoulder will be healthy by October, and Rondo is the greatest Rondo that's ever Rondo'd. ;)

Big balls by the C's tonight.

Biggest mismatch in this series in coaching. Doc alternating man to zone, great rotation and I don't know a coach that draws up a better out of bounds plays. Sometimes it looks like the Heat do not have a clue in half court offense, and that's coaching.

BINGO! miami looked lost out there last night. to not have a rotation figured out at this point is ridiculous. Doc just whipping Spo's a$$ right now. at halftime i was already bitching about how many 3's miami was taking. they kept chucking it up like a hot potato from the 3 point line in the 2nd half.(26 att) and i'm confused as to why Spo didn't put in Bosh in the 4th qtr at all. why not put him in the last few minutes of the game? :confused: this on a night where allen,pierce and rondo did not shoot well.
so much for the celts being old and tired......

it makes me laugh when i see the people that come out of their hiding places to comment when miami loses. when it's the other way around they crawl back to their caves Lol!!!!!

This series is far from over, but here's the "irrelevant" Celtics one win from another trip to the Finals. Meanwhile, that "up and coming" team from the midwest hasn't played a meaningful game since pitchers and catchers reported to spring training. :rolleyes:

i think you guys end this series tomorrow night. i have no reason to think otherwise from what i've seen so far and how miami played in boston.

Wow, Heat go down 3-2. Tough to win 2 in a row to win a series. If LeBron does his usual whining and gives up again they are done.

Thoughts.....

1. If Miami does dump this series to Boston...can you believe this? Who would've thought?...anyway, if the Heat do lose -- now whose fault is it?

2. I marvel at the sheer grit of the Celtics. They needed 6 games to take out Atlanta, 7 to beat Philly. Nothing comes easy. It seems they should have been out of gas by now...Hey, they should have been out of gas two years ago...but they are one game away from the Finals.

3. Maybe Miami turns it around. It can happen. An injury can happen. Crazy bounces. Bad calls. But the Heat should be embarrassed to be in this situation, even without Bosh. Ray Allen is a shell of his former self. Garnett sits on the bench with ice packs on his knees. Pierce has fouled out of 3 different playoff games. Rondo is a great point guard with a jumper that plays hide and seek. But there's Boston, one game away from the Finals.

4. To repeat, Miami may still win. But Boston has already proven to be the better team in the truest sense of the word. Miami is a bunch of talented guys who still haven't figured it all out.

5. If they lose in this round, Miami will probably blame Eric Spoelstra. The coach will take the fall. Just as it was Mike Brown's fault that LeBron didn't win the title in Cleveland.

6. Three different coaches -- Paul Silas, Brown and Spoelstra -- have watched many of their offensive sets stop dead with LeBron standing, dribbling and going nowhere. Does anyone believe that's how these three guys drew up the plays?

7. James may come out and throw in 40 points and grab 18 rebounds as he did in Game 4 against Indiana, to change that series. He is that gifted, and that good. But the Celtics are not Pacers.

8. James has bad karma against Boston..."karma" is one of his favorite words. Lost in 7 games to Boston in 2008...and then there was that miserable playoff series in 2010.

9. LeBron's overall stats remain amazing in the post-season. But he is sort of like the Heat...when it really, really matters, so far in his career -- something has been missing.

10. I doubt if the Heat will ever understand why so many fans all over the basketball world cheer against them. While The Decision on ESPN is part of it, the "victory rally" the next in Miami where James talked about winning Not 1, not 2, not 3...I think it was SIX titles...all that before they even won a single game.

11. I love how the Celtics keep talking about how hard it is to win a single title. That's because Garnett, Allen and Pierce had to wait so long...ditto for their classy coach, Doc Rivers.

12. Finally, this series is not over...and it has been great theater. To think that Boston could have won Game 2 in Miami, which the Heat won in OT.

... i'm confused as to why Spo didn't put in Bosh in the 4th qtr at all. why not put him in the last few minutes of the game? :confused: this on a night where allen,pierce and rondo did not shoot well.
so much for the celts being old and tired......

I am also confused at how Joel Anthony, who is their best post up defender in the trenches... did not play a single second of the entire game. In that FINAL 2-3 minutes, they should have gone to that small lineup with Lebron at center, Chalmers at the PG, Wade at the SG, Miller at the SF and Battier at the PF. THAT lineup, even when Boston has gone zone, has driven Boston crazy...both offensively and defensively. INFACT, they did not use THAT small lineup in the game AT ALL last night.

I am also confused at how Joel Anthony, who is their best post up defender in the trenches... did not play a single second of the entire game. In that FINAL 2-3 minutes, they should have gone to that small lineup with Lebron at center, Chalmers at the PG, Wade at the SG, Miller at the SF and Battier at the PF. THAT lineup, even when Boston has gone zone, has driven Boston crazy...both offensively and defensively. INFACT, they did not use THAT small lineup in the game AT ALL last night.

i agree. another miss by spo :/

Thoughts.....

1. If Miami does dump this series to Boston...can you believe this? Who would've thought?...anyway, if the Heat do lose -- now whose fault is it?

They didn't blame anyone last year...see CLEVELAND CAVS fans and media chose to blame Lebron. Miami fans, for as pissed as they were LAST YEAR, we chalked it up to Dallas being a better team.

3. Maybe Miami turns it around. It can happen. An injury can happen. Crazy bounces. Bad calls. But the Heat should be embarrassed to be in this situation, even without Bosh. Ray Allen is a shell of his former self. Garnett sits on the bench with ice packs on his knees. Pierce has fouled out of 3 different playoff games. Rondo is a great point guard with a jumper that plays hide and seek. But there's Boston, one game away from the Finals.

I am curious on a YOUR take as to WHY "the Heat should be embarrassed" This should be really good...

4. To repeat, Miami may still win. But Boston has already proven to be the better team in the truest sense of the word. Miami is a bunch of talented guys who still haven't figured it all out.

This is classic, so if Miami wins, Boston is STILL a better...LMAO!

5. If they lose in this round, Miami will probably blame Eric Spoelstra. The coach will take the fall. Just as it was Mike Brown's fault that LeBron didn't win the title in Cleveland.

6. Three different coaches -- Paul Silas, Brown and Spoelstra -- have watched many of their offensive sets stop dead with LeBron standing, dribbling and going nowhere. Does anyone believe that's how these three guys drew up the plays?

Miami, incase you didn't know, offense is predicated on defense. Miami's defense have only shown 1 quarter here, 2 quarters there. It has not been based on Lebron pounding the ball. But, I guess you didn't see to many games this year.

7. James may come out and throw in 40 points and grab 18 rebounds as he did in Game 4 against Indiana, to change that series. He is that gifted, and that good. But the Celtics are not Pacers.

Indiana did not have someone that can create off the dribble. Boston has 2 in Pierce AND Rondo, but you being a 'student of the game', I thought you knew that.

8. James has bad karma against Boston..."karma" is one of his favorite words. Lost in 7 games to Boston in 2008...and then there was that miserable playoff series in 2010.

LMAO, I like this one. Remember that "karma" word when Irving's contract runs out. Remember, Miami has won MULTIPLE championships for MULTIPLE sports. Cleveland is the one with the bad history...based on history, WHO is most likely to have bad 'karma'

10. I doubt if the Heat will ever understand why so many fans all over the basketball world cheer against them. While The Decision on ESPN is part of it, the "victory rally" the next in Miami where James talked about winning Not 1, not 2, not 3...I think it was SIX titles...all that before they even won a single game.

I doubt if the outside world will ever understand how little the Heat and the fans CARE if they do not cheer for them. LMAO! And yet, when the Heat come to the OTHER fans area, THAT is THE GAME everyone wants to go. #2 BEST road attendance in the NBA this year and #1 last year.

12. Finally, this series is not over...and it has been great theater. To think that Boston could have won Game 2 in Miami, which the Heat won in OT.

And Miami easily could have won game 4...LOL!

Nice try to be PC after busting out of where ever you were.... LOL!

The Celtics are to LeBron as the Patriots were to Peyton Manning- the eternal tormentor standing in their way in the springtime every time.

TD Garden and Gillette Stadium are their respective houses of horrors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)