NBA Basketball 2009-10 Season

Please show me where any one has said that, including myself.

I made a post about my teams expectations, but I don't recall making the claims that you suggest.

Again, I challenge you to discuss the finer points of the game. No need for so much animosity. Why do you feel so strongly about your Magic? Give us examples. Show us that you are a student of the game, worthy of contributing to this thread.

And btw, the more you cite the first few games of an 82 regular season schedule to forecast the entire season, the sillier you look. You do realize Championships aren't won in October, right? It's a long season. The playoffs start in April and go all the way into June....... of NEXT YEAR!

The insults continue, yet this simple challenge gets ignored by the trolls. Go figure.

HD MM, didn't you say last year that the Cavs were the best team? I remember you saying that, and how it was a big deal you had the best regular season record. Now that you're 0-2 in the regular season, you are saying otherwise. Also, I mean no offense if I pick fun at you, I expect you to do the same to me when my team loses. I think we're all mature enough in the sports board to have enough fun with each other ;)

btw, sandra, what is your favorite team?

HD MM, didn't you say last year that the Cavs were the best team? I remember you saying that, and how it was a big deal you had the best regular season record. Now that you're 0-2 in the regular season, you are saying otherwise. Also, I mean no offense if I pick fun at you, I expect you to do the same to me when my team loses. I think we're all mature enough in the sports board to have enough fun with each other ;)

btw, sandra, what is your favorite team?

1. I did say they were the best team last year. That was my opinion. Last year, during the regular season we had 66 wins, which was the most in the entire league. That statement was perfectly justified. But if I learned anything from last year it's this: Being the best team in the regular season means jack sh*.

Which leads me to my other point.......

2. The knee jerk comments after 2 losses are unnecessary and make no sense. Am I disappointed in the 2 losses to start the season? Sure I am. Am I jumping off a bridge? No. Do I still have high expectations for this team? Yes.

3. I don't get kicks out of "making fun" of another teams if they lose. Maybe it's just me, but I come to forums to discuss sports, not to act like a bafoon.

1. I did say they were the best team last year. That was my opinion. Last year, during the regular season we had 66 wins, which was the most in the entire league. That statement was perfectly justified. But if I learned anything from last year it's this: Being the best team in the regular season means jack sh*.

Which leads me to my other point.......

2. The knee jerk comments after 2 wins are unnecessary and make no sense. Am I disappointed in the 2 losses to start the season? Sure I am. Am I jumping off a bridge? No. Do I still have high expectations for this team? Yes.

3. I don't get kicks out of "making fun" of another teams if they lose. Maybe it's just me, but I come to forums to discuss sports, not to act like a bafoon.
He's just trying to get under your skin. Just ignore him and when my Lakers lose, feel free to comment about how pathetic they are.

Let me go a little OT for a minute and see if we can't hose down this little love fest for a time out!!!...:heart:heart

Last night I called DISH Network and complained about not having the Pacers first game in HD even tho I knew it was available. I ended up getting the same CSR in the loyalty dept. that I got when I was bitching last May about the Reds HD games that were missing on DISH. I pretty much knew that he could do nothing about the missing games, (its due to cheaper contracts signed between DISH and FSN), but I did end up getting NBA League Pass, the Sports Pac, and NFL Red Zone for free!!!...:D

Not a bad trade off, if you ask me!!!...:hatsoff:

And forgive me if I offended anyone by actually talking satellite sports on a satellite sports board!!!...:rolleyes:

I now return you to your little romper room!!!...;)

PS: What is up with all the reversed DirecTV logos as avatars???...:confused:

The FSO SD feed also looked a little jumpy as well on NBA LP. I wish there had been a Raptors feed so I could have seen it in HD

The FSO SD feed also looked a little jumpy as well on NBA LP. I wish there had been a Raptors feed so I could have seen it in HD

Toronto had issues too...

Well, after speaking with one of the communication heads at FSN Ohio, it turns out that the issue was with the Air Canada Center. While I tried my hardest to get the official statement to be “Blame Canada,” the representative did go on record to say that the high definition equipment was in place and was merely a last second failure.

All tests were run, results were as expected. The Air Canada Center has been broadcasting high definition for quite some time. Even Raptors fans in Toronto were forced to watch the game via the same standard feed as all of us back here in Cleveland. At times it was almost slow motion; or that could have just been our front court. We’ll never know.

Going forward, Fox Sports expects this to be an aberration that just happened to be on their first night of broadcasting for the 2009-10 season.

About Fox Sports Ohio and High Definition | WaitingForNextYear

He's just trying to get under your skin. Just ignore him and when my Lakers lose, feel free to comment about how pathetic they are.

Totally agree. Just let the guy who likes to be alone with his Kobe poster and other kid from Orlando say what they want. It has no relevance.

Sandra

Sandra - who are you a fan of? I need to know :p

I'm a Knick fan of course. You don't have to tell me they're terrible, I've said it here many times. But beginning next season we can start climbing out from the nuclear devastation that was Isiah Thomas. :rolleyes:

Gallinari did have a good game last night, so it's not all bad...

Sandra

Kinda like when you shouted out at me that the "Pacers still suck" after we beat your boys last year in a game at Conseco!!!...:rolleyes:

(Sorry, couldn't resist getting into this smack fest myself)...;)

Can we quit cluttering up the thread with bashing? Thanks.

Thursday's Nationally Televised Games
San Antonio at Chicago- 8:00pm ET/5:00pm PT (TNT/TNT-HD)

Denver at Portland- 10:30pm ET/7:30pm PT (TNT/TNT-HD)

...beginning next season we can start climbing out from the nuclear devastation that was Isiah Thomas...

Basketball teams can be rebuilt abruptly...
The Knicks payroll cap figure... drops to as low as $22 million next year if Eddy Curry ($12 million) and Jared Jeffries ($6 million) do not exercise their player options. With $40 million in cap money available, as well as a mid level exemption, a bi-enniel exemption and a high draft pick available for NEXT season, the Knicks could put out a whole new team and contend with it in 2010-2011.

Since I wrote that, the Knicks have purged some more 2010 cap money off their payroll. They now might drop to as low as $9.1 million in 2010 obligations, or no more than $27 million even if Curry and Jeffries exercise their options. I think that if those players threatened to opt in but if the Knicks don't see them as part of their future, the Knicks could pay them to not exercise their options just to keep their salaries off the books.

Even Raptors fans in Toronto were forced to watch the game via the same standard feed as all of us back here in Cleveland
interesting as the game in Canada was in HD on "The Score" and all hilites on "Sportscentre" (Canada) were in HD

I didnt see it via SD or HD.....hockey game was on :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)