NBA Basketball 2009-10 Season

THIS is classic. NOW, ESPN is ALL a buzz because the Dunlevy was fired and they are "paving the way for going hard after Lebron James"....just because they NOW offer MORE money than anyone else.

LMAO! Thanks for the laugh pal. I really needed that.

PS. The Cavs are the ones who can still offer "more money than anyone else" due to the Larry Bird rule.

Playoff Tidbits

By the way, the Cavs became the first team to clinch a playoff spot when the Bulls lost to the Jazz and Miami lost in Charlotte two nights ago.

Magic number to clinch Central Division is 4. Not that the team is even paying attention to that.

Here's the more interesting playoff nugget: the only East team that has been eliminated is Jersey. Still hope, Knick fans.

LMAO! Thanks for the laugh pal. I really needed that.

PS. The Cavs are the ones who can still offer "more money than anyone else" due to the Larry Bird rule.

I spit water aall over the place when I overheard it on PTI. But what I ment to say as far as most money....they now are the front runners to have the pace to sign two big free agents.

Re: Celts v Cavs:

Winners don't quit and quitters don't win. The Sindey Wicks teams played harder than this one does.

When the Cavs were up by 3, they had the game under control. This Celtics team doesn't get rebounds because it doesn't go after rebounds and it doesn't block out. I've never seen two face-guard blockout fouls comitted in one game before. In fact, I'm not sure I have ever seen even one. Are they too tired or lazy to turn towards the basket, so that they can at least see where the ball is bounding to?

Re: Celts v Cavs:

Winners don't quit and quitters don't win. The Sindey Wicks teams played harder than this one does.

When the Cavs were up by 3, they had the game under control. This Celtics team doesn't get rebounds because it doesn't go after rebounds and it doesn't block out. I've never seen two face-guard blockout fouls comitted in one game before. In fact, I'm not sure I have ever seen even one. Are they too tired or lazy to turn towards the basket, so that they can at least see where the ball is bounding to?

LeBron had a quote in the Sunday paper saying basically that the Celtics looked "bored". For example, how is your PG (Rajon Rondo) your leading rebounder? That's lack of effort/energy right there.

LeBron went on to say they certainly have the talent and expects to see the real Celtics team in the playoffs. For now though, it looks like they're coasting.

The Mavericks' winning streak has been stopped by.... the Knicks.

No, really- the Knicks.

And they won by 34?!

Cue Sandra's gloating...

IN Dallas no less. But no gloating...unfortunately, this franchise is still years away from totally wiping away the Isiah stain. :(

Sandra

Bobcats win SIXTH straight with a win over Orlando!

Make no bones about it either. This Charlotte team is legit! They've now beaten the Magic, Cavs and Lakers this year! This is one team no one wants to face in the playoffs....

Did anybody watch the Lakers/Warriors last night? Great game.

Even though every Golden State game is on TV I have not been watching them because they're so bad. But I tuned in last night because it's always fun to watch the Lakers play west coast teams, whose fans hate them.

The Warriors are bad because they have no bigs and they have Corey Maggette, a player who, unless he changes his entire mind-set, will always play for a losing team.

But Stephon Curry is amazing! This kid is going to be an NBA superstar...actually, he's already closer than you would think. Lightning quick, very high basketball IQ, and a great shooter. What a breath of fresh air on an otherwise disjointed team.

Sandra

Cavs 113, Pistons 101

In case you missed it.....

LeBron James (29 points, 12 rebounds, 12 assists) posted his 28th career triple-double, third most among active players.

The Cavaliers have won four straight and 10 of their last 11. Cleveland also improved to 28-3 against teams currently under .500.

Detroit has lost 10 straight to Cleveland and three straight overall.

Following the game, Detroit's Will Bynum had this to say about LeBron...

"The guy's not human." said Detroit's Will Bynum

In case you missed it.....

LeBron James (29 points, 12 rebounds, 12 assists) posted his 28th career triple-double, third most among active players.

The Cavaliers have won four straight and 10 of their last 11. Cleveland also improved to 28-3 against teams currently under .500.

Detroit has lost 10 straight to Cleveland and three straight overall.

Following the game, Detroit's Will Bynum had this to say about LeBron...

HE...Lebron...and the TEAM...the Cavs are SUPPOSED to do this. He is the best player in the league and they are the best team in the league. ;)

CLE 99, IND 94

Another day, another notable accomplishment...

With the win last night, the Cavs clinched the Central Division Championship.

And that Chosen One you ask? LeBron James had 32 points, nine rebounds and nine assists in the Cavaliers' win. He passed Magic Johnson to become only the third player in NBA history to have 49 or more games with 30-plus points, eight-plus rebounds and eight-plus assists.

Dudes, this kid is 25 and he's approaching career records on a nightly basis. Is everyone else cherishing/respecting the greatness we are in the presence of?!

Cavs beat the Pistons 104-79- this completes a season sweep.

It's pretty much getting too easy to talk about how great the Cavaliers are- rather, the thing I took from this game was:

What in the world has happened to the Pistons?

These are not the Pistons I remember from 2006, 2004, or 2002.

Old Footage to Remind You How Good NBA Fans Have it Now

Wardens pull Plax's playtime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)