NBA Basketball 2009-10 Season

Z returning to the Cavs is some of the biggest BS in the league

Maybe, maybe not, but it's all within the current rules that are set in place. I just find it particularly funny that the Lakers & Celtics coaches have gone on record to state their displeasure, especially since they themselves have benefited from this same loophole in the past!

In '05 the Celtics traded Gary Payton for Antoine Walker, only to get Payton back in 30 days, in '08, the Lakers committed highway robbery by stealing Gasol and a second round pick from Memphis for Kwame Brown and a couple scrubs.

Says the fan of a team that stole Gasol for what amounted to a box of peanut butter cups. (As far a I'm concerned, peanut butter cups have more quality than Kwame Brown.)

He might have not been worth a hill of beans but he didn't come back to the Lakers either.

who cares...? IF the Cavs do not win it all, they will be considered a complete failure after all the moves they have done to improve the team over the last two years. They are in a very precarious no win situation. They win it all, guess what? They were SUPPOSED to. IF they do not, they be considered and even BIGGER flop than the Dallas Mavs that lost to the HEAT.

....EITHER way, tough spot to be in. That is why those BULLS teams of the 90s were THAT much so special.

who cares...? IF the Cavs do not win it all, they will be considered a complete failure after all the moves they have done to improve the team over the last two years. They are in a very precarious no win situation. They win it all, guess what? They were SUPPOSED to. IF they do not, they be considered and even BIGGER flop than the Dallas Mavs that lost to the HEAT.

....EITHER way, tough spot to be in. That is why those BULLS teams of the 90s were THAT much so special.

I am not denying any of this. We've been the best regular season team for 2 years straight. Our goal is to win it all this year. Anything less will be a disappointment. I've said this at the beginning of the year and I am standing by these statements.

Cavs Win Again, 4 More to Clinch East!!!

10 more games. If we win 4 of them, we clinch the East. Doable, I would say so!

It's also worth noting that the Cavs currently hold a 3.5 game lead on best overall record over the Lakers. If the Cavs close out this season again with the best overall record, they will be just the second team since the '95-'96 & '96-'97 Chicago Bulls to have the NBA's best regular season record two seasons in a row! Think about that for a minute! :eek:

I am not denying any of this. We've been the best regular season team for 2 years straight. Our goal is to win it all this year. Anything less will be a disappointment. I've said this at the beginning of the year and I am standing by these statements.

Don't let him fool you. If Cleveland wins the NBA championship it may be 'big deal, they were supposed to win it' somewhere else, but for Cavs fans it will be spectacular. The fact that they have the best regular season record will not take even one tiny bit away from a championship.

It doesn't matter how you win...Just Win Baby!!! ;)

Sandra

Don't let him fool you. If Cleveland wins the NBA championship it may be 'big deal, they were supposed to win it' somewhere else, but for Cavs fans it will be spectacular. The fact that they have the best regular season record will not take even one tiny bit away from a championship.

Sandra

Um, yeah, I just glazed over his comments. You better believe that the Cavs winning will be a spectacular thing. For one, I've never seen a Championship, ever in this city in my entire lifetime. Neither has most people I know from Cleveland. (1964 and counting was the last of any kind). So, yeah, an accomplishment that big will not be ho-hum, it will celebrated for a very long time! :)

Um, yeah, I just glazed over his comments. You better believe that the Cavs winning will be a spectacular thing. For one, I've never seen a Championship, ever in this city in my entire lifetime. Neither has most people I know from Cleveland. (1964 and counting was the last of any kind). So, yeah, an accomplishment that big will not be ho-hum, it will celebrated for a very long time! :)

It's a wonderful feeling. The Rangers won the President's Trophy (Best record in the NHL) in 1994, then won the Stanley Cup in breathtaking fashion. Trust me, nobody in New York said they were 'supposed to win' anything, and the celebration was historic. ;)

Sandra

Sandra

Not trying to foll anyone. He knows it and he stated it himself. When the BULLS won their 1st championship....expectations where HIGH and they produced. This is, if I am not mistaken, Lebron's 7th year in the league....MJ, if not mistaken, won it all on his 7th year.

And oh yeah, as far as "best regular season records" go....as MJ once said, "it don't mean a thing, if you ain't got a ring....";)

IT being a "spectacular thing" is NOT what is being discussed here. EXPECTATIONS are. A championship is a MAJOR accomplishment for a city whether it is a 1st time or the 27th time. I have been in cities that have won multiple championships in multiple sports....and it is ALWAYS major.

Never denied that.

Not trying to foll anyone. He knows it and he stated it himself. When the BULLS won their 1st championship....expectations where HIGH and they produced. This is, if I am not mistaken, Lebron's 7th year in the league....MJ, if not mistaken, won it all on his 7th year.

And oh yeah, as far as "best regular season records" go....as MJ once said, "it don't mean a thing, if you ain't got a ring....";)

Further clarification: MJ was 28-years-old in his 7th NBA year.

LeBron is just 25 in his 7th NBA year.

Expectations should always be high for every team, each and every year. What is the point if your goal is something other than a championship? ;)

Sandra

IT being a "spectacular thing" is NOT what is being discussed here. EXPECTATIONS are. A championship is a MAJOR accomplishment for a city whether it is a 1st time or the 27th time. I have been in cities that have won multiple championships in multiple sports....and it is ALWAYS major.

Never denied that.
:up

Then you'll understand my excitement/anxiety as we get further along in the NBA playoffs this year. :)

Wow, that's a big difference...

Sandra

Regardless of what happens this year, this kid (LeBron) has many more chapters yet to write before we close the books on him. The fact that people are starting to compare him to Jordan though is a very telling sign of how special he really is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)