NBA Basketball 2009-10 Season

They might win a 1st round series. They do not have have the firepower for a Cleveland, Orlando and a Boston in a 7 game series. But they will change next year...:D

How will that happen when D-Wade leaves town? The team has already shown that they are not committed to building a core, otherwise they wouldn't have sacrificed this year and last sitting back and doing nothing. Couple that with the lack of fan support (I see a lot of empty seats when I watch a Heat game) and other than the "weather" (btw, basketball games are played indoors), I don't see a legitimate reason he'll stick around.

YEP! BUT your team will be WATCHING playoffs...PRETENDING to be "analyst" on some NBA show...AND more than likely, doing THAT job as good as they play basketball....wishing they were playing ATLEAST one round.

...:rolleyes:;)

Salsa'a question had nothing to do with the Knicks, but since you brought it up...they have the same chance as the Heat of winning the NBA championship this year. Zero.

:rolleyes: ;)

Sandra

The Nets will not have the worst record in the history of history. If they lose out, they'll only be tied.

And BTW- WHAT has happened to the Pistons? They are not the team from 4, 5, 6 years ago.

One on One Games

Anyone old enough to remember the Dr J vs. Larry Bird or Jordan/Bird One on One games? (BTW, I wonder why they never had a Magic/Bird version- after all, that's the legendary rivalry we all remember)

dr-j-and-larry-bird-one-on-one.jpg

larrybird.jpg

I think there's great potential for a new generation of this idea.

You think we'll ever see a LeBron vs. Kobe version? I think it has great potential.

How will that happen when D-Wade leaves town? The team has already shown that they are not committed to building a core, otherwise they wouldn't have sacrificed this year and last sitting back and doing nothing. Couple that with the lack of fan support (I see a lot of empty seats when I watch a Heat game) and other than the "weather" (btw, basketball games are played indoors), I don't see a legitimate reason he'll stick around.

IF....he leaves town. I ASSURE there is a much better chance of Wade staying in Miami than Lebron staying in Cleveland. The CORE is built around Wade, Beasley, Chalmers.....2 2nd year players and the one of the top 3 or 4 players in the League.....sounds like a core to me;) And alot of empty seat to START the game maybe, but not by the end of the game. They average OVER 17,500 per game. 15th in a league of 30 and ABOVE teams with BETTER RECORDS like Orlando, Phoenix and the Hawks.

Can Cleveland keep Lebron AND sign another big free agent? Miami can..... That, plus location, loving Miami and one of the better run franchise in the league....that is MORE than good enough reason to stay.

Anyone old enough to remember the Dr J vs. Larry Bird or Jordan/Bird One on One games? (BTW, I wonder why they never had a Magic/Bird version- after all, that's the legendary rivalry we all remember)

I think there's great potential for a new generation of this idea.

You think we'll ever see a LeBron vs. Kobe version? I think it has great potential.

Have you seen the HBO special about Bird vs. Magic? It is excellent!

IF....he leaves town. I ASSURE there is a much better chance of Wade staying in Miami than Lebron staying in Cleveland. The CORE is built around Wade, Beasley, Chalmers.....2 2nd year players and the one of the top 3 or 4 players in the League.....sounds like a core to me;) And alot of empty seat to START the game maybe, but not by the end of the game. They average OVER 17,500 per game. 15th in a league of 30 and ABOVE teams with BETTER RECORDS like Orlando, Phoenix and the Hawks.

Can Cleveland keep Lebron AND sign another big free agent? Miami can..... That, plus location, loving Miami and one of the better run franchise in the league....that is MORE than good enough reason to stay.

Maybe not next year. But if LeBron stays, not to sound cocky or anything, but we don't NEED to sign another big name. We'll still have Antwan Jaminson under contract, and will probably be able to sign Shaq for another year. The rest of our core is locked up too.

Maybe not next year. But if LeBron stays, not to sound cocky or anything, but we don't NEED to sign another big name. We'll still have Antwan Jaminson under contract, and will probably be able to sign Shaq for another year. The rest of our core is locked up too.

No...it's not sounding cocky at all. Because on paper, Cleveland looks set. But, Shaq is a shell of his former self and Z is also a shell. A BOSH would have Lebron stay FOR SURE...no if, ands or buts about it.

Resigning a "Larry Bird" exception player while also signing a big contract player when you don't really have room for both takes some finesse and "trust".

You may remember that Miami once signed Juan Howard to a $100+ million contract while privately assuring Alonzo Mornoing that after Howard was signed, they would then pay Mourning money over the cap. The league struck down Howard's contract, and then the stupid Wizards (or were they stills the Bullet?) actually matched the Miami contract and wound up paying an above average player like he was a franchise player, which he wasn't. The risk of deferring signing James while using up the cap room to secure anoher player is that the train might leave the station in the interim.

In all seriousness to that link, LeBron and Nike are a fine athlete-shoe combo.

BTW, I also ask this- I remember a time when Reebok was a very big-time shoe brand in basketball. How has Nike been able to leave Reebok in the dust?

Cavs just upgraded Andy Varejao to questionable vs. Hawks tonight, but it still sounds like Mike Brown prefers to rest him 1 more game.

BTW, I've got tickets to tonight's Cavs/Hawks game. Should be a good one! TNT will be in house.

In all seriousness to that link, LeBron and Nike are a fine athlete-shoe combo.

BTW, I also ask this- I remember a time when Reebok was a very big-time shoe brand in basketball. How has Nike been able to leave Reebok in the dust?

Reebok's shoes are ugly and unimaginative. Ever since they introduced the "Pumps", they've run out of ideas and creativity.

BTW, I once owned a pair of these...

reebok-pump-omni-light-1.jpg

This dog is amazing...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQsD9VMTWvA&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQsD9VMTWvA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)