NBA Basketball 2009-10 Season

With his shiny new extension, Kobe Bryant has joined elite financial company. With the maximum value three-year contract extension Bryant signed with the Lakers Friday, Kobe is slated to earn a cool $31.5 million in the 2013-14 season. The only other player to earn at least $30 million in NBA salary in a single season is Michael Jordan, who did it twice, in 1997 and 1998, his final seasons as a Chicago Bull. In 1997, Jordan made $30.1 million. In 1998, he earned $33.1 million.

Bryant is scheduled to earn $26 million in 2011-12, $28.7 million in 2012-13 and $31.5 million in 2013-2014.

For his career, Bryant has already eclipsed Jordan's total NBA salary. Those two $30-million seasons were Jordan's only campaigns in which he was paid an NBA salary greater than $4 million. Bryant made $9 million as a 21-year-old in his fourth NBA season. Including this season, Kobe has earned more than $170 million in NBA salary. Once the newly inked extension ends, Bryant will have been paid $280 million by the Lakers.
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/04/02/kobe-bryant-to-become-nbas-second-ever-30-million-player/

Well earned by Kobe. This will surely stir things up this summer as the Cavs will probably have to offer something close to this value for LeBron

Cavs beat Hawks, get to 60 wins.

The last time HD saw these two teams play live, it was game 2 of the East Semis where the Cavs cakewalked 105-85. This time, it was a 5-point margin of victory

Good effort by Atlanta, but not quite enough.

Still, Atlanta will be an interesting team come playoff time.

Cavs beat Hawks, get to 60 wins.

The last time HD saw these two teams play live, it was game 2 of the East Semis where the Cavs cakewalked 105-85. This time, it was a 5-point margin of victory

Good effort by Atlanta, but not quite enough.

Still, Atlanta will be an interesting team come playoff time.

Other notable achievements last night:

- Cavs clinched the East last night with the win and Orlando loss.

- Cavs became only the 9th team in NBA history to post back-to-back 60 win seasons.

- Cavs are 1 game away from clinching home court throughout the playoffs with best overall record. A win on Sunday against Boston would seal it.

- The Cavs are now 3-0 against Atlanta. They meet for the 4th and final time this regular season on the last game of the schedule (April 14th).

- The atmosphere was electric last night. I am honored to share last night with such passionate fans. The chants of "MVP" were deafening. The chants of "O-H-I-O" sent chills down my spine. These next few months are going to be a blast!

Code:
 ___ 1 2 3 4  T 
CLE 24       24 
BOS 33       33

Let's see if the Celtics maintain their two month long string of blowing first half leads against playoff contenders...

Code:
 ___ 1 2 3 4  T 
CLE 24       24 
BOS 33       33
Let's see if the Celtics maintain their two month long string of blowing first half leads against playoff contenders...
Looks like a no, as Cleveland is down 1. Neither Boston nor LA can seem to hold a lead this season

KG was letting LeBron have it, telling him that he choked:D

Didn't see it, but that would be kind of like James Coburn (Speed) calling Robert Tessier (bald fighter, James Henry) "Glassman" for losing his knockdown, dragout, bareknuckles brawl with Charles Bronson in "Hard Times".

I'll give the Cavs credit for making it interesting late- they could have thrown in the towel after the first half.

Down by 22 late, our coach is ejected, 4 technical fouls later, the Cavs actually made a game of it.... and I was not surprised. As of late, the Cavs have looked to almost "toy with the opposition". Then, late, they kick it into another gear and blow by the team. Obviously it didn't work today, but they did make it fun down the stretch.

Late in the 4th, the Cavs were down by 2. LeBron had a fast break and instead of going to the basket, he pulled up for a three. He was looking for a nail-in-the-coffin final shot dagger. It was a gamble and one that he probably regrets now that he missed it. That was the difference in the game.

Oh, btw: since the Lakers lost, the Cavs still clinched home court throughout the playoffs. With 5 regular season games left, it'll be interesting to see how the players are rested going into the playoffs.

Looks like a no, as Cleveland is down 1. Neither Boston nor LA can seem to hold a lead this season

And what would you like to call the pathetic showing by your team on Sunday? Quite embarrassing. Your team rolled over in submission like the weak dogs that they are.

Interesting side note:

I was told Lebron was at the Yankees/Red Sox game wearing a Yankee jersey say how much he loved the Yankees and stating alot of "we" when reffering to the Yankess....

....hmmmmmmm......;)

Unfortunately for the Cavs, their play of late seems to be deeply ingrained in their character - no defense for 3 quarters, then they think they can turn it on when they feel like it in the 4th quarter to get the win. This has worked for them many times, but come playoff time it may be a different story just like yesterday. They almost pulled it off yesterday, but their free throw shooting as a team was bound to bite them in the ass sooner or later. It is absolutely shameful the way they shoot from the line. And this has gone on forever. Makes me want to pull my hair out!! High schoolers do better than they do. They had better make some mental adjustments quickly, or it could be last year all over again.

Ilgauskas looks like a better "team" defender than Shaq or Kevin Garnett. The Celtics vaunted defense of two years ago consisted of four guys "bellying up" to the ball handler, and then Garnett picking him up when he got by them, but Garnett's lateral mobility has been zilch since he has come back from his injuries. I remember that Olajuwon lost his lateral mobility on defense before he lost hiis other skills.

And what would you like to call the pathetic showing by your team on Sunday? Quite embarrassing. Your team rolled over in submission like the weak dogs that they are.
weak dogs? i'm sorry, who lost to Orlando in the post season last year? Because it wasn't the Lakers. The cavs were so desperate they had to sign Shaq, and its gonna get them nowhere

Keep enjoying your regular season overall best records and division titles

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)