NBA Finals

OF COURSE they did. And so have fans in Detroit, Chicago and other major cities after their teams have won some kind of championship. Like I said, it won't be the 1st...and it won't be the last time this happens.

Absolutely. When other fans did it they were morons too.

But this time it's Laker fans who are the criminals. You would think after so many championships a city like that would know how to act when they win. Apparently not.

Saying it's happened before is not a valid excuse. As bad as the Stallworth sentencing was, at least it wasn't dismissed by his lawyer saying 'hey, it's not the first time this has happened, nor will it be the last'. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Last edited:
Absolutely. When other fans did it they were morons too.

But this time it's Laker fans who are the criminals. You would think after so many championships a city like that would know how to act when they win. Apparently not.

Saying it's happened before is not a valid excuse. As bad as the Stallworth sentencing was, at least he didn't get off by his lawyer saying 'hey, it's not the first time this has happened, nor will it be the last'. :rolleyes:

Sandra

And how many times has the OTHER cities won multiple chmapionships....and have done the same thing? Fact are....you have morons in every city...period.

Saying it "happened before and it will happen again" is not an excuse....but a fact of life. And EVERYONE KNOWS that what happened in the Stallworth case has happened before and will happen again....all due to good lawyering on his counsels part.

....again, not an excuse, but a fact of life....unfortunately:(

Well congratulations to the city of Pittsburgh, which unless I missed a police report was able to celebrate the Penguins' victory with class and dignity. Perhaps Laker fans should take note of how to act like human beings in times of triumph. :rolleyes:

It can be done.

Sandra

Well congratulations to the city of Pittsburgh, which unless I missed a police report was able to celebrate the Penguins' victory with class and dignity. Perhaps Laker fans should take note of how to act like human beings in times of triumph. :rolleyes:

It can be done.

Sandra

Different type of fans. Hard to put into words without almost putting into race.....

The real question remains: Does pro96 ever have any worthy comments or analysis to contribute to these threads? It seems like the only time he posts, it either includes an insult, pictures or emoticons. :rolleyes:

LMAO.. man you made my day, Cheers to Lebron ooops I mean Black Mamba. :neener

[/CENTER]

Actually, that image does not say it all.

Somebody please post an image of the wonderful Laker fans burning police cars in 'celebration' of their victory. Laker fans must be so proud.

And people had the nerve to pick on Lebron James for not shaking hands. At least he didn't do anything criminal, like the Laker faithful.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sandra

As requested.. LA fans doing their thing. :devil:

LakersFans_Celebrate8848993.jpg

fans_staples_center20090614.jpg

laker_fans_out_of_control_88489903.jpg

Any more requests? feel free to ask.

Different type of fans. Hard to put into words without almost putting into race.....

Yeah, you really shouldn't.

Canuck fans almost destroyed their city in 1994, and they LOST to the Rangers in the finals. In New York.

New York was prepared for the worst that year, and considering the amount of people celebrating the Rangers, it was virtually incident-free. Same sport, that shows you how much race has to do with it.

Laker fans acted like animals. Period. Race is irrelevant.

Sandra

And how many times has the OTHER cities won multiple chmapionships....and have done the same thing? Fact are....you have morons in every city...period.

:up:up

LAPD Chief Bratton said it the best, "just a couple of knuckleheads out there". Not indicative of Laker fans as a whole, the parade yesterday with some 100,000 plus fans went off great with little problems.

:up:up

LAPD Chief Bratton said it the best, "just a couple of knuckleheads out there". Not indicative of Laker fans as a whole, the parade yesterday with some 100,000 plus fans went off great with little problems.

Looks like a lot more than a couple, many in uniform.

Sandra

Yeah, you really shouldn't.

Canuck fans almost destroyed their city in 1994, and they LOST to the Rangers in the finals. In New York.

New York was prepared for the worst that year, and considering the amount of people celebrating the Rangers, it was virtually incident-free. Same sport, that shows you how much race has to do with it.

Laker fans acted like animals. Period. Race is irrelevant.

Sandra

And so did SOME Detroit fans when the Bad Boys won their championships and so did SOME Bulls fans during the Jordan years.

So again, there are wack jobs in every city....in the the BIGGER cities...there are more than others.

And so did SOME Detroit fans when the Bad Boys won their championships and so did SOME Bulls fans during the Jordan years.

So again, there are wack jobs in every city....in the the BIGGER cities...there are more than others.

My first point was that race has nothing to do with it.

Also, New York is the biggest city of them all, and managed to remain relatively calm in 1994 while a much smaller city, Vancouver, was under siege.

Big city/small city...no.

Sandra

You want to clarify that? I remember Tiger's fans burned a couple of police cars in 1984, but I do not recall anything getting out of hand when the Piston's won. Same with the Red Wings championships. Now if the Lion's should ever win....well I won't be alive then, so I don't care.;)

I am shuttering to think of what would happen to my city if the Browns ever win the Super Bowl. I live 12 miles away from the stadium and still think the riots would stretch all the way out here!

You want to clarify that? I remember Tiger's fans burned a couple of police cars in 1984, but I do not recall anything getting out of hand when the Piston's won. Same with the Red Wings championships. Now if the Lion's should ever win....well I won't be alive then, so I don't care.;)

Good one. :D

I am shuttering to think of what would happen to my city if the Browns ever win the Super Bowl. I live 12 miles away from the stadium and still think the riots would stretch all the way out here!

That's what everyone was saying about the Rangers in 1994, winning the Cup after 54 years of frustration. People were saying they would fear from their safety.

The night of the victory the streets outside the Garden turned into one massive celebration and party, and millions lined the Canyon of Heroes for the parade two days later...with nary an incident at either one.

If the City can do it, anyone can do it.

Sandra

The worst I've seen here in L.A was the Rodney King's verdict. Makes the Lakers "knuckeheads" look like a Chuck E Cheese party.

la_riots1_edit.jpg

That's what everyone was saying about the Rangers in 1994, winning the Cup after 54 years of frustration. People were saying they would fear from their safety.

The night of the victory the streets outside the Garden turned into one massive celebration and party, and millions lined the Canyon of Heroes for the parade two days later...with nary an incident at either one.

If the City can do it, anyone can do it.

Sandra

Baksetball fans and hockey fans are different. I ASSURE YOU if the Knicks win a championship...there will be rioting...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)