NBA Finals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You want to clarify that? I remember Tiger's fans burned a couple of police cars in 1984, but I do not recall anything getting out of hand when the Piston's won. Same with the Red Wings championships. Now if the Lion's should ever win....well I won't be alive then, so I don't care.;)

I was looking in google and I cannot find anything. Maybe I am wrong. I coulda sworn there was some crazy after the Bad Boys championships in the late 80s -early 90s. Wasn't there some small type of rioting due to something Michigan State did/won in the early 2000s?

I was looking in google and I cannot find anything. Maybe I am wrong. I coulda sworn there was some crazy after the Bad Boys championships in the late 80s -early 90s. Wasn't there some small type of rioting due to something Michigan State did/won in the early 2000s?

That might be what you're thinking of. Couch burning is the tradition there. They even did it after they lost this year's NCAA final. Don't quite follow what the hell that's all about. Burning things is big in Detroit. Google- Devil's Night in Detroit.

The worst I've seen here in L.A was the Rodney King's verdict. Makes the Lakers "knuckeheads" look like a Chuck E Cheese party.

la_riots1_edit.jpg

Let me get this straight - Lakers win = riot. Rodney King = riot. OJ gets acquitted = party! I"ll stay in Detroit, at least we're predictable.:D

Baksetball fans and hockey fans are different. I ASSURE YOU if the Knicks win a championship...there will be rioting...

Tell that to the city of Vancouver. They had major rioting after game 7 of the Rangers' series. It was scary.

Hockey fans all...

New York stayed in one piece during all the Yankee and Giant championships and celebrations too. Be carefull of what you assure, you could be very wrong...

Sandra

Last edited:
The worst I've seen here in L.A was the Rodney King's verdict. Makes the Lakers "knuckeheads" look like a Chuck E Cheese party.

Talk about comparing apples to oranges. If you want to go in that direction, you can talk about the Watts riots, the blackout mayhem in NYC, Tiannamen Square, Kent State, and some of the other major incidents in history. I remember something in Seattle not that long ago (was it about NATO or something? I don't feel like looking it up) that was also pretty bad.

Totally different.

People 'celebrating' their team's victory (or loss) needs to be in it's own category.

Sandra

Talk about comparing apples to oranges. If you want to go in that direction, you can talk about the Watts riots, the blackout mayhem in NYC, Tiannamen Square, Kent State, and some of the other major incidents in history. I remember something in Seattle not that long ago (was it about NATO or something? I don't feel like looking it up) that was also pretty bad.

Totally different.

People 'celebrating' their team's victory (or loss) needs to be in it's own category.

Sandra

“Can we all get along?”
Rodney King quote

king-i_210877c.jpg

Tell that to the city of Vancouver. They had major rioting after game 7 of the Rangers' series. It was scary.

Hockey fans all...

New York stayed in one piece during all the Yankee and Giant championships and celebrations too. Be carefull of what you assure, you could be very wrong...

Sandra

Again.....oh never mind.....you are "absolutely right"....:rolleyes::bow:shh

Well congratulations to the city of Pittsburgh, which unless I missed a police report was able to celebrate the Penguins' victory with class and dignity. Perhaps Laker fans should take note of how to act like human beings in times of triumph. :rolleyes:

It can be done.

Sandra

Well only 10 people watched the Penguins win.. Hard to riot with only 10 people :angel:

Why is this thread still open? Lakers 09 champs, done deal, finito.

Or do we need to remind us that Boston thought they was repeating or that Cleveland was gonna win it all?? Awww those memories of the 2009 season. LMAO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts