NBA Finals

I do not know...I did not watch the game. However, L.A. Sports Radio call in shows are loaded with accusations that Kobe "threw" the game last night.

Any thoughts here?

I think it was more of the Charles Barkley said that is SOOO true...."the ball never lies".

....it's like the basketballs GODs make up for bad calls. Every time I have seen a bad call, the shooter at the line EITHER misses AT LEAST one free throw or both....or a turnover has happened on the next position who did not deserve the benefit of the call. EVER SINCE he said it in the Miami/Atlanta series....I have noticed it has been 100% true. Last night, Kobe got a BS call that they gave him 3 free throws....he missed 2 out of 3. In the HORRENDOUS foul call against Dwight that SHOULD HAVE BEEN a jump ball....he mised the 1st one and almost missed the 2nd one.

It sort of corrects bad calls.

Pay attention in the next game....it has been so on that it has been scary.

So the Magic shot the lights out in game three and were lucky to come away with the win. What does that say about their chances? They can't shoot like that every night, can they?

Statistics are funny, you can rearrange them to support any argument you like.

The Magic had a pitiful shooting night in game two (41%), and came within an alley-oop layup at the buzzer during regulation of winning the game. Obviously they don't have to shoot the lights out to win. Some nights all they have to do is shoot 42%. ;)

Sandra

I'd still like the Magic to win this series, it could easily have been 2-1 the other way. No love lost here for the Lakers, even if I did pick them to win.

Lakers win a big game 4 in Orlando.

Don't be fooled by the margin of victory; this was a GREAT game.

Big shots, momentum shifts, heroes rising to the occasion- this is truly where Amazing Happens.

wow, and how badly Orlando choked in the ending and OT too. Kind of remind me of an other team that choked this bad in the same playoffs. Amazing LOL

Fisher's Kingdom

Two Derek Fisher 3s Thursday night -- one at the end of regulation and another in OT -- propelled the Lakers past Orlando 99-91
and left L.A. one victory from its 15th NBA title​

dm_090611_nba_lakers_hl_night.jpg

Thank you "veteran NBA refs". The SINGLE MOST obvious call in the whole series so far....EVERYONE is looking at the play because when Kobe has the ball, EVERYONE is looking....

...and the miss the CLEAR elbow to the jaw of Jamier Nelson...??!!

You gotta be kidding right?! Are you serious?! The league officials want the Lakers to win THAT BAD??!! I mean it's one thing to have a bunch of guys around and you might miss it because you view was obstructed...but he was in the paint with litterally no one but him, Nelson, Pietrius and his flying elbows....

Should have been offensive foul CLEARLY and Orlando with the ball and possibly win the game with 4 seconds left.:rant::rant::rant:

But that is "how they roll" at the League office....:rolleyes:;)

Thank you "veteran NBA refs". The SINGLE MOST obvious call in the whole series so far....EVERYONE is looking at the play because when Kobe has the ball, EVERYONE is looking....

...and the miss the CLEAR elbow to the jaw of Jamier Nelson...??!!

You gotta be kidding right?! Are you serious?! The league officials want the Lakers to win THAT BAD??!! I mean it's one thing to have a bunch of guys around and you might miss it because you view was obstructed...but he was in the paint with litterally no one but him, Nelson, Pietrius and his flying elbows....

Should have been offensive foul CLEARLY and Orlando with the ball and possibly win the game with 4 seconds left.:rant::rant::rant:

But that is "how they roll" at the League office....:rolleyes:;)

I like the no-call in that situation. Nelson was right on top of Kobe, latched on like a leech. He had no where to move without some sort of contact.

Game 4 Thoughts

1. I wonder if the LA media thought Orlando "threw the game" when Dwight Howard missed two key free throws during the end of regulation that would've won the game for the Magic. After all, if Kobe misses a shot, there has to be a conspiracy behind it. :rolleyes:

2. Helluva shot by Derek Fisher. Michael Jordon and Robert Horry have nothing on "The Fish" in making big-shots in the playoffs!

3. A glaring statistic that stood out to me was the Magic turned the ball over 17 times and missed 15 free-throws! There's simply no excuse for that to happen in a NBA Final home game.

4. Last night was a perfect showcase to see how good of a defender Kobe Bryant actually is. Dude single handily shut down Rashard Lewis with suffocating D.

5. Huge win by the Lakers. Demoralizing win by the Magic. Even though the Magic have been dubbed "resilient" in these playoffs, I just don't see how they can win 3 in a row, with 2 in LA against the Lakers.

6. I was beginning to heal from my Cavs early exit in these playoffs until the wounds keep opening up every time I see a Kobe-LeBron, "Most Valuable Puppet" commercial during every timeout. :(

7. Why is the NBA Final series a 2-3-2 form instead of a 2-2-1-1-1? I never understood why they switched the format when it went to the Finals.

8. The Lakers are 1 win away from Chapionship No. 15. Wow.

9. The Lakers are now 7-0 following a loss this postseason. Perhaps there is a better team who should be defined as "resiliant?"

10. Good luck to both clubs the rest of the way. Game 5 on Sunday night will be another remote killer night! (Stanley Cup Game 7, NBA Final Game 5, Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN w/ the Indians vs. Cardinals).

8. The Lakers are 1 win away from Chapionship No. 15. Wow.

And they're once again breathing down the necks of the Celtics 17 championships. :(

The biggest difference between the two teams is Finals winning pct. If the Lakers hold on and win this series it will bring them back to .500 (15-15) all-time in the Finals, the Celtics are an astounding .850 (17-3) all-time in the Finals.

Of course, the Celtics 9-2 edge head-to-head against the Lakers plays a big part in that.

I like the no-call in that situation. Nelson was right on top of Kobe, latched on like a leech. He had no where to move without some sort of contact.

LMAO!! You cannot be serious!! They SUSPENDED Dwight for ONE GAME for something similar in the earlier rounds of the playoffs for almost the same thing.....and you LIKE the no call there??!! Kobe threw the ELBO...that is an offensive foul. Period. End of story.

....if you are standing there with the ball....and the defender just pushes you to the ground because he might fall....

..guess what...? It's still a foul. Too bad you might fall down and possibly hurt yourself....it's still a foul.

...so in recapping....too bad he had "no where to move" he threw an elbo and it was a offensive foul.

IF it had by your boy toy Lebron, you might sent a letter to the commissioner to have Kobe executed....LOL!

...."I like the no-call in that situation".....LMAO!! too funny....!

Funny how everyone who thought Stan Van Gundy was a genius two weeks ago has nothing to say to that now.

You know who you are! ;)

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)