NBA Finals

...in thise case, I think he is wrong. SO wrong that ONE former NBA coach...Stan Van Gundy...and another FUTURE coach and a VERY GOOD point guard in his day thought the same.

Well he wasn't the only one wrong. Phil Jackson actually thought Orlando still had a foul to give when they inbounded with 11 seconds left so Phil decided to inbound from full court instead of half court to deal with the foul he was expecting Orlando to take when actually Orlando had already used its one team foul and didn't have anymore to give. I think the bad info Phil had obviously turned out well for the Lakers because Orlando left Fisher open to catch the pass and drive up the court. On the other hand, Van Gundy took his chances with not fouling when he was up by 3 and let the Lakers take the shot.

Both coaches made some ball calls, but only one is paying for it.

I sometimes agree with Whitlock on some things....but sometimes I don't. And when writers CONSTANTLY complain about players "quitting" and "showing no heart"....to state IN THE SAME LINK:

...loses credibility with me.

I have been a MAJOR complainer of Nelson playing over Alston....I have the post in here to prove it. But Alston was doing NOTHING with the team in the 3rd period...and the team actually for the 1st time RESPONDED with a little more energy with Nelson....so Van Gundy stayed with the team on the floor that was going with the good flow.

...in thise case, I think he is wrong. SO wrong that ONE former NBA coach...Stan Van Gundy...and another FUTURE coach and a VERY GOOD point guard in his day thought the same.

Did you just fire good ol' Stan? ;)

Sandra

Look what was at my door when I went home for lunch.

Attachments

• fisher 3.jpg
    fisher 3.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 91
Sucks that all that's going to be memorable about these playoffs in six months is the overhype and defeat of Lebron (thanks, puppet commercials) and the Lakers winning yet another championship.

For the city's sake, I hope they win tonight away from Staples. If it comes back here, I fear it will be worse than the 2000 riots after the wins. That was B-A-D!

LAPD cruisers on fire YUP. Shaq paid the bill too.

L.A. Story

A big run in the 2nd quarter put the Lakers in control.
Lakers 56 - Magic 46 (Half)​

nba_g_kobe1_576.jpg

This is over....I just think the Magics are not ready yet for a Championship run....they got lucky against all those teams.
I think Boston or Cleveland would have put a decent fight against the Lakers.
Oh well.

SORRY BOSTON (Eliminated)
SORRY DENVER (Eliminated)
SORRY CLEVELAND (Eliminated)
SORRY ORLANDO (Eliminated)

LAKERS WIN THE 2009 NBA FINALS
99-86
WIN SERIES 4-1

nba_g_kbts_668.jpg

LOS ANGELES LAKERS
15TH CHAMPIONSHIP

AND YES SHAQ, KOBE CAN WIN WITHOUT YOU.​

And it's official.

The Los Angeles Lakers are the 2009 NBA Champions.

Kobe finally silences his critics- he can win a title without Shaq.

It's amazing...I live in the Hollywood Hills right over downtown Hollywood. I hear NO signs of celebration at all! But now "BE SAFE" ads are playing all over local channels.

To the surprise of nobody, Kobe Bryant is the winner of the Bill Russell NBA Finals Most Valuable Player Award.

A lot of sidenotes from this

1. Kobe silences the critics who said he couldn't win a title without Shaq

2. Pau Gasol wins an NBA title- their longest losing-streak since they acquired him from Memphis- two! (I'm happy for the guy- remember what he went through in Memphis- not a single playoff WIN, let alone a series.)

3. Lamar Odom- he took a lot of heat last year. This year, had some big performances- game 5 against Denver, game 2 of the Finals, hit some big threes. I guess all that candy was worth it!

4. Phil Jackson wins title #10, most among coaches.

5. The Lakers had been saying that their hard-fought playoff struggles with Houston and Denver would make them tougher, more battle tested. They were right.

6. Before the season, everyone said 'Finals or Bust' with this mucho talented team of talent and much hype. Mission accomplished.

7. The bench stepped up. Everyone used to say the Lakers were a one-man team- well, not anymore. Trevor Ariza- timely plays and big shots. Jordan Farmar- also hit timely shots.

8. Andrew Bynum. Remember when the Lakers took a lot of heat for not dealing him for Jason Kidd? Definitely falls under the "sometimes, the best trades are those that are never made" category.

Biggest one-hit wonders in sports

2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)