NBA Finals

Shaq won with the Heat in 2006:

356px-Heatwhitehouse.jpg

Don't fool yourself. That was ALL about D. Wade. Without Wade's heroics in game 3 and the rest of the Series....the Heat do NOT win that Championship....

Sucks that all that's going to be memorable about these playoffs in six months is the overhype and defeat of Lebron (thanks, puppet commercials) and the Lakers winning yet another championship.

You must just now be tuning in for the first time, because these NBA Playoffs have certainly treated us to many more intriguing storylines and series' other than the ones you mention.

What a bunch of morons in Los Angeles.

How people like that think the way to celebrate a championship is by destroying police cars and trying to cause a riot, I'll never know. Some cities just don't know how to win championships.

Sandra

Congrats to the Lakers, their fans and the city of LA.

From my own selfish point of view, it's kind of discouraging in seeing how easily the Lakers won, knowing very well deep down in my heart of hearts that the Cavaliers would've gave them a better series. Oh well. Maybe next year we'll get the dream matchup of LeBron vs. Kobe?

BTW, cement Kobe among the all-time greats. He's now been in 6 NBA Championships and has won 4 of them! Kobe is just 30-years-old and still has plenty career ahead of him. His legacy is far from over, now that's the scary part!

Don't fool yourself. That was ALL about D. Wade. Without Wade's heroics in game 3 and the rest of the Series....the Heat do NOT win that Championship....

Just for argument's sake, the Heat haven't even come close to sniffing a NBA Championship without Shaq and Wade by himself. Explain that sucka? :p

How people like that think the way to celebrate a championship is by destroying police cars and trying to cause a riot, I'll never know. Some cities just don't know how to win championships.

Sandra
Only in LA do the criminals use real bullets and the police use rubber bullets.

:confused: Who's fooling who??

Last time I checked basketball is a team sport and Shaq was on the team and contributed to the title won in 2006.

Exactly what I am trying to say. Shaq has constantly stated that Kobe could NOT WIN without him NOR Wade could. I am trying to say HE could not win without HIM either.....

LMAO!! And yet Lebron has won HOW many....?;) At least on the court...not the ones on paper....:p

It's a team sport, just as Cosmo pointed out. No one person can win by himself. Surround LeBron with the talent that the Heat had that year or the talent the Celtics and Lakers have now and we might see another 90's Bulls Dynasty in the making.

Jordan didn't win one alone. Neither did Paul Pierce, Dwayne Wade or Kobe for that matter. The surrounding cast matters in basketball. Kobe didn't win this one by himself. He had Pau, Ariza, Fish and Odom.

It's a team sport, just as Cosmo pointed out. No one person can win by himself. Surround LeBron with the talent that the Heat had that year or the talent the Celtics and Lakers have now and we might see another 90's Bulls Dynasty in the making.

Jordan didn't win one alone. Neither did Paul Pierce, Dwayne Wade or Kobe for that matter. The surrounding cast matters in basketball. Kobe didn't win this one by himself. He had Pau, Ariza, Fish and Odom.

BUT....for a long time, this issue was made that Koeb could not win one WITHOUT Shaq....and Shaq made sure EVERYONE KNEW THIS.....

BUT....for a long time, this issue was made that Koeb could not win one WITHOUT Shaq....and Shaq made sure EVERYONE KNEW THIS.....

That statement was one for the media, Shaq and Kobe, not me. Of course Championships can be won without Shaq. Shaq is replaceable, just like everyone else. Shaq was replaced by Pau, Odom and Bynum. I have a problem with those who are basically saying that Kobe won this Championship by himself. The Lakers as a whole have an awesome team surrounding Kobe. Without them Kobe doesn't win this.

Sandra

Only in LA do the criminals use real bullets and the police use rubber bullets.

I was amazed at the restraint. ;) :D

That statement was one for the media, Shaq and Kobe, not me. Of course Championships can be won without Shaq. Shaq is replaceable, just like everyone else. Shaq was replaced by Pau, Odom and Bynum. I have a problem with those who are basically saying that Kobe won this Championship by himself. The Lakers as a whole have an awesome team surrounding Kobe. Without them Kobe doesn't win this.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph....no one is or has said. But the statement made was Kobe CAN WIN one WITHOUT Shaq.....

Welcome back big boy! How was your gondola rides? You remember to take your Dramamine? :)

THE BEST vacation ANYONE can invest in is cruising. 10 days in southern Spain, France and Italy is the best!!!

Thanks....BUT, someone about watching NBA games at 3 am that i really don't like...LOL!! Luckily, it was AFTER all my drinking....LOL!

Tell me, seeing we are talking about the NBA....what do you think of al the Shaq ro Cleveland rumors...?

Congrats to the Lakers, their fans and the city of LA.

From my own selfish point of view, it's kind of discouraging in seeing how easily the Lakers won, knowing very well deep down in my heart of hearts that the Cavaliers would've gave them a better series. Oh well. Maybe next year we'll get the dream matchup of LeBron vs. Kobe?

BTW, cement Kobe among the all-time greats. He's now been in 6 NBA Championships and has won 4 of them! Kobe is just 30-years-old and still has plenty career ahead of him. His legacy is far from over, now that's the scary part!

Right The cavs "would of".. The cavs were not even good enough to make it to play the lakers..

Congrats to the L.A Lakers.. Clearly experiance beat youth. They were more prepared and better coached.. They clearly showed "That was not their first rodeo" Congrats to them and look forward to next season. Perhaps a more seasoned magic team will return and hope for a visit to the finals again.

Shaq to Cleveland Talk.....

Tell me, seeing we are talking about the NBA....what do you think of al the Shaq ro Cleveland rumors...?

At 37, I'm not sure how much Shaq has left in the tank. However, the rumor has us trading him to the Suns for Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic. If that's the case, I'll take Shaq in a heartbeat!

Ben Wallace's time is up in the NBA. He contributes very little anymore and is a liability on offense. Sasha is wildly inconsistent. Getting a physical presence like Shaq could fill a great void at the center position. He would be a presense down low to counter the Dwight Howards of the league. By this addition, we'd be filling one of our biggest weaknesses. Shaq would also be an instant starter on the team and Big Z would come off the bench.

In short, for what we're rumored to be giving up, I love the deal. This is strickly a money saving deal for the Suns, because talent wise, the deal favors the Cavs greatly.

BTW, Shaq has a lot to play for and I feel he would be greatly motivated if he were to come to Cleveland for the following reasons:

1. Shaq knew he wasn't going to get a ring last year and still played out of his mind (17.8 PPG, 8.4 RPG). Put him on a contender and with LeBron James and the media coverage will be out of this world and Shaq will want to shine.

2. Kobe won a ring this year and talk is already comming out that he never needed Shaq and Kobe was always the better of the two. Shaq will want to show Kobe and the NBA he still has what it takes to win a ring.

3. This could be his last stop on an amazing NBA career. If he goes out and duplicates his all-NBA third team selection performance, this trade will be a steal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts