NBA League Pass in HD ? Superfan ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bbd24

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Anybody heard if D* is going to put out a " Superfan " package for the NBA League Pass like they have for NFL and MLB ? I haven't seen any announcements or anything and the season is a little under a month away.

probably no superfan but plenty of hd!
I just got my "confirmation" in the mail about the League Pass, and no where does it say that I need anything besides the LP to get HD content. Just says I need an H20 and a 5-lnb.

Seriously, plenty of HD ? Are they going to be allocating channels for games in HD on the League Pass ?

My hope is that they do the same thing with the NBA as they do with the NFL. Dedicated HD channels just right past the SD League Pass Channels.

Seriously, plenty of HD ? Are they going to be allocating channels for games in HD on the League Pass ?

My hope is that they do the same thing with the NBA as they do with the NFL. Dedicated HD channels just right past the SD League Pass Channels.

i imagine so. robert mercer, of directv, confirmed this to me a few weeks ago. once the RSN's go on CONUS beam, you will be able to watch an HD game if you have ths subscription. you might not get both home and away feed but you'll get a feed.

i imagine so. robert mercer, of directv, confirmed this to me a few weeks ago. once the RSN's go on CONUS beam, you will be able to watch an HD game if you have ths subscription. you might not get both home and away feed but you'll get a feed.
But could this potentially f us over? Like.. say the Bulls are playing the Knicks in NY. Comcast Sports Chicago would be broadcasting that, along with MSG. I'm quite sure that we're getting the Chicago in HD, but I haven't heard anything about MSG coming in HD (which makes no sense to me.. maybe they're squeezing for more money to pay off sexual harassment lawsuits.) I can't figure out local blackout rules, so basically if both are broadcasting the game and I get Comcast HD but not MSG HD, does that mean I'll be blacked out of the Comcast feed and be subjected to the SD feed of MSG?

if MSG is one of your regional sports nets, there might be a problem.

example, wednesday night florida plays tampa bay in hockey. FSN Florida (which is the panthers rsn) has the hd feed but sun sports (lightning and my home team) doesn't. there's a good possibility i may not get the hd feed, even if the rsn's go conus wednesday as expected. but i would get the sd feed. now, if sun sports wasn't broadcasting the game, i would get the hd feed.

As always, blackout rules apply, and your mileage may very and there is little to nothing DBS companies can do about it, other than to enforce it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)