NBA Local Market for Springfield, MO

bearfan4

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
How do I find out which NBA team would be considered my local team on Fox Sports Midwest (assuming they get turned back on)? The FSMidwest website lists the Pacers but their games are always blacked out in Springfield. I would think that there would be an NBA team that would be considered "local" for my market. For example I get the St. Louis Cardinals and the Kansas City Royals game for baseball.

Now I'm going off the info from a Directv side since Dish doesnt show info this but you get no NBA in Springfield...I used 65802

FS Midwest HD (Ch. 671) - HD Available
# Cardinals (HD Available)
# Royals (HD Available)
# St. Louis Blues (HD Available)

Why do I not get NBA in my market? Is this an NBA thing or a Dish thing? Why would it not be the same as the MLB? Just because Missouri does not have an NBA team it shouldn't stop me from having a local NBA team. There are states like Iowa and Arkansas, for example, that don't have MLB teams but still get RSN broadcasts of several teams.

I think it might be a NBA thing

MLB covers every inch of the US with a team even if its 500 miles away...NBA doesnt do that

edit: I checked a few zips and its weird...KC shows no NBA too but Fargo, ND shows the Wolfies and Even Glendive, MT (Eastern part of MT) shows the Utah Jazz as covered...even weirder Missoula, MT (western part) shows no NBA...just Avs and Mariners
edit2: damn Omaha shows the Nuggets...Nuggets stop at the Missouri line...KC, KS has Nuggets, KC, MO does not

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I guess the NBA isn't interested in growing local markets. The would rather go overseas.

Checking in regards to the Nuggets Altitude (which is the station they are on) is available as a RSN in Kansas...thats as far east as they go

I wish the NHL & NBA had coverage maps somewhere. The NFL is exempt as there are rules for primary markets, secondary markets and the old "lets just show a game because our local team is on a bye"

I live in Omaha and had no idea until reading this thread that I was in the Nuggets (and Avalanche) home television areas. Sure enough. The NBA and NHL need to get with it as far as making public what the local markets are!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)