NBA Off Season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I was in Cleveland downtown last night. Saw a lot of LeBron jerseys! Not everyone has burnt those! ;)
Most ad banners in downtown and along the highway are saying "He's back!"
The feelings are mixed here: some Cavs fans still can't forgive him for his "betrayal" and for the way he did it. But mostly it's a celebration. It's a great day for Cleveland and for the Cavs. Time will heal the wounds. LeBron has made the right choice! It wasn't an easy one, but certainly the right one. Something he can be proud of years from now.

Chris Bosh back to Miami 5yrs 118mil.

Not sure why for either party.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Bosh was in the worst spot of the three, IMO, he didn't have a choice but stay in Miami to protect his reputation. Had he followed James to Cleveland, he'd be known as James wingman...riding on his coat tails. Had he signed elsewhere...ie Houston, he'd be the guy who bolted from Toronto then Miami when things were bad and only interested in winning....loyalty notwithstanding...unable to carry and lead ca team by himself.

If anything, Riley won't be idle off seasons ca am sure he'll give the Heat the pieces they need to contend.

hehe.. That divorce was permanent for both sides.

What Bosh pulled in Toronto...there is a reason the fans hate him. It's been reported that the 2010 signing of " the big three" wax orchestrated back in 2007. When he opted out in 2010 he constantly told the canadian media how much he loved Toronto and ants to stay but just wanted to see what free agency was like. Kept saying it up until the night before signing with Miami.

Then he started to bash Canada and Toronto once he signed.

Can't blame the fans for being pissed.

I was reading that due to cap reasons and future cap growth, James deal is only for two years, tell me there where not nervous cav fans when they read that :)

I was reading that due to cap reasons and future cap growth, James deal is only for two years, tell me there where not nervous cav fans when they read that :)

And James can opt out of his contract after next year!! :) Sources: LeBron James could again become free agent next summer LeBron James signed a two-year, $42 million contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers that has an opt-out clause in the second season, allowing him to potentially again become a free agent next summer, a source with knowledge of the deal told Yahoo Sports.The source said James is committed to staying with the Cavaliers long-term and could sign a new five-year contract with the team as early as next summer. The short-term contract also gives him the chance to earn a greater maximum contract after the league negotiates a new television contract in 2016 and possibly a new collective bargaining agreement with the players union.

Couple of things from the flurry of FA signings:

1) I thought Deng was in his mid 30s! Go figure. Anyways, from what I have read, that coach in Chicago WAY over played him and was run down(maybe THATS why he did not sign back with the Bulls for same amount of money and why I thought he was in his mid 30s...!:coco ) Either way, he fits well in the Heat system: Wing defender with a good J and a hard worker.

2) The Heat roster is starting to fill out nicely. Chalmers, Anderson, McRoberts, Granger, Cole, Bosh, Napier, summer league sensation James Ennis and soon to be Wade and Haslem. As of right now, they are at worst a 6 seed.
*** and by the way, have you noticed that MOST of contracts are for 2 years....? :yessign ***

3) What is James going to? A very good UNPROVEN roster, their 2nd best player, Kyrie Irving...last two years has had the injury bug(hmmm....sound familiar?!) and a NBA coach that has as much NBA coaching experience AS I DO. Now, rumor has it that they will be trading for Kevin Love. Minnesota will not make that trade without AT LEAST one number #1 pick AND this years pick in Wiggins. SO, if that happens, James-Irving-Love is a FANTASTIC "big three". But now you have Love now being the THIRD option(Bosh part deux) with option #2 having a history of getting injured(sound familiar?!) and James...WITH a team organization that has been more outta sink than my Oakland Raiders. Time will tell.

4) The Bulls got better with Gasol, but if Rose is injured AGAIN, he will be considered the Darren McFadden of the NBA. GREAT PLAYER, bunt when not injured.

5) The NY Knicks, same team with LESS talent.

6) Quietly, the Spurs going about their business.

7) Washington got a little better with Pierce because they get better scoring and solid leadership...even though I hate Pierce..!

8) Lakers....will suck.

9) Poor Houston, left at the alter(Bosh) AND got the girlfirend stolen(Parsons) in the same 2 week span.

10) IF former Pacer Stevenson signs in Dallas... Monte Ellis and Stevenson will elate and drive the Dallas fans crazy.

Reactions: Rey
Most of you know I have a sense of humor and this just made me LMAO. It's pretty much what happened ;)

fd3ceb72e04bf86c1aecb45671a5177d14de717e3d51a6d8013480983ee97052_1.jpg

Reactions: Kraven and Hart5150
Good post Salsa. Riles rolled up his sleeves and really got to work. These signings will keep us competitive and in the playoffs which is all I wanted after losing the best player in the world. This is not cleveland who with that cast minus LBJ did not make the playoffs in a terrible eastern conference, considering sub 500 team did. This year most of the games will matter for the few good teams in the East and we'll be one of them. Two year contracts were very smart to position us well for 2016. For now, no team from the East will be beating the top dogs from the West. Not for a couple of years......

Couple of things from the flurry of FA signings:

1) I thought Deng was in his mid 30s! Go figure. Anyways, from what I have read, that coach in Chicago WAY over played him and was run down(maybe THATS why he did not sign back with the Bulls for same amount of money and why I thought he was in his mid 30s...!:coco ) Either way, he fits well in the Heat system: Wing defender with a good J and a hard worker.

2) The Heat roster is starting to fill out nicely. Chalmers, Anderson, McRoberts, Granger, Cole, Bosh, Napier, summer league sensation James Ennis and soon to be Wade and Haslem. As of right now, they are at worst a 6 seed.
*** and by the way, have you noticed that MOST of contracts are for 2 years....? :yessign ***

3) What is James going to? A very good UNPROVEN roster, their 2nd best player, Kyrie Irving...last two years has had the injury bug(hmmm....sound familiar?!) and a NBA coach that has as much NBA coaching experience AS I DO. Now, rumor has it that they will be trading for Kevin Love. Minnesota will not make that trade without AT LEAST one number #1 pick AND this years pick in Wiggins. SO, if that happens, James-Irving-Love is a FANTASTIC "big three". But now you have Love now being the THIRD option(Bosh part deux) with option #2 having a history of getting injured(sound familiar?!) and James...WITH a team organization that has been more outta sink than my Oakland Raiders. Time will tell.

4) The Bulls got better with Gasol, but if Rose is injured AGAIN, he will be considered the Darren McFadden of the NBA. GREAT PLAYER, bunt when not injured.

5) The NY Knicks, same team with LESS talent.

6) Quietly, the Spurs going about their business.

7) Washington got a little better with Pierce because they get better scoring and solid leadership...even though I hate Pierce..!

8) Lakers....will suck.

9) Poor Houston, left at the alter(Bosh) AND got the girlfirend stolen(Parsons) in the same 2 week span.

10) IF former Pacer Stevenson signs in Dallas... Monte Ellis and Stevenson will elate and drive the Dallas fans crazy.

11) And the Celtics will be tanking(sucking) again this year.

To your other points, I think Houston was the biggest "loser" in free agency.

I don't think the Bulls will be as good as people think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts