NBA on ABC looking like CRAP?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wow... it's scary now. I honestly think the HD is getting WORSE. I tried taking photos of it to explain my point compared to ESPNHD, but of course still photos didn't quite demonstrate my point. I may try and record it and post as an example, but there was so much digital static and macroblocking and lack of detail that I almost felt insulted by it. And they expect us to watch the NBA finals on this! Luckily, unless the Bulls or the Rockets are in the finals I see little reason to watch these things live and instead of just seeing the Sportscenter recaps the next day.

Sounds like your TV is not calibrated correctly, you are sitting too close to it, or both.

Your brightness is obviously off if your bar theory holds true. The contrast is probably 100 as well as the sharpness. I'm not saying this is you but most people's TVs are this way because that's the default settings and people don't know any better.

No, trust me, he's right.

I have same issue with WTNH, and can also compare to WABC-DT.

It's not even close - the affiliate STINKS.

Sounds like your TV is not calibrated correctly, you are sitting too close to it, or both.

Your brightness is obviously off if your bar theory holds true. The contrast is probably 100 as well as the sharpness. I'm not saying this is you but most people's TVs are this way because that's the default settings and people don't know any better.
For the record, my television is calibrated to the best of my ability, and I think that if it wasn't then ALL of my HD channels would look like DIVX 3.11 encoded video in 16-bit color depth. I guess I owe NBC WVIT-HD an apology (not like it was LOOKING for one) for declaring it the worst local HD in CT. While it still has numerous issues with macroblocking and fast motion, at least it still looks good during typical television viewing (ie NOT sports.) I've had HD programming for a few years, but only recently upgraded from a 30" not greatly calibrated Samsung CRT HD to a 50" Panasonic Plasma with what I consider to be accurate picture adjustments. I guess it's only now with a clearer picture can I see how horrible things can be.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)