NBC - 105 NBC - 72 ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
Are the NBC channels on 72 like they are on 105? East, Central, Mountain, West. Or are they just feeds that you get lucky and catch whenever they appear?

RT.

The feeds on 105W are the actual national feeds for broadcasters. Its only active during the programming and if I remember they are black screens otherwise

Also they are S2 whereas the 72W is DVB (the 72W feeds are just a backup)

Thanks, but, well, uhmmmm, let me clarify the question. I have the NBC on 105. Was wondering if I could get the same NBC on 72 which I am having a hard time locating. Should I bother to keep looking or keep the 105?

RT.

rt the 72w feeds usually have one channel with NBC -East programming, but not always. Sometimes they are black, sometimes teleprompter for Nightly News, CNBC or MSNBC channels. The other channels might be NBC, weather channel, Universal Sports or the other mentioned channels. If you want variety I suggest locking on 72 for awhile and look. If you just want NBC , probably 105 will be more reliable.

My bad-thanks Iceberg for trying to help me out.
I stick to 72w because that's the only ones I can get right now, no S2 box yet.

The issue is from what I've understood (from qwert who runs thelist) is he always wanted a Channelmaster list because they are easy to upload. The Manhattan (nor any other S2 receiver) works with it

If there is a way to upload the channels that are S2 to thelist that would make it better. I'll talk to qwert1515 about it

The other issue....I cant seem to lock that satellite on the 6 footer

I locked in to 72 for several weeks now,and I'm disappointed.
I'm not a sports fan,and set that channel up for news,knowing when I want the news at prime time,hln nor fox has it.
Well,neither does the nbc mux.
IF I'm lucky,I might catch msnbc,but thats been a rare case lately,and I'm not catching much news in prime time.
They do however seems tio have a steady feed of NBC programming during prime,so there ya go....
I'm about ready to move the dish to abc news now.

I usually find the Nightly News on nbc on 72KU...530pm central, not sure about weekends but during the week I almost always see it.
When it rains around here and washes out the OTA, I switch to the satellite backup! Ch 1 on the nbc satmux.

so i have my 6' antenna working now but i can't get the nbc channels. somewhere i read that it is scewed -26 or something like that. is that why i can't get them? or if i change the scew on my lnb i won't get the other channels? as for the amc6, 72w, they always have the evening news and then cnbc, msnbc, weather intermittently and regular evening nbc sometimes. for regular nbc i can get the casper station on c-band now. we get cbs and abc on regular antenna but nbc is intermittent so now i can get it from the dish. and i now can get fox on an osage beach station. charlie

so i have my 6' antenna working now but i can't get the nbc channels. somewhere i read that it is scewed -26 or something like that. is that why i can't get them? or if i change the scew on my lnb i won't get the other channels?

Side mount a 2nd LNBF with the -26 skew setting and use only for the 103 KU-band satellite. All KU channels on the 103 satellite are affected, but the NBC channels are lower power, so they disappear sooner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts