Status
Please reply by conversation.

kingjeste

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 23, 2008
Ohio
What happen to NBC feeds? that was at 12055.. Was working few weeks ago.. Unable to locate.. All other sats work..

72 has been pretty much worthless the last couple of months,as far as I'm concerned.Either somebody new has been running the board or the guidelines have changed as to what is up there.

72 has been pretty much worthless the last couple of months,as far as I'm concerned.Either somebody new has been running the board or the guidelines have changed as to what is up there.

If you're talking about the satellite in general, from SES' first half of 2014 financial report:

During Q1 2014, a solar array failure on AMC-6 reduced the available capacity on that satellite by five transponders. The commercial impact of the capacity reduction is not material, as affected customer traffic was migrated to other available capacity in North America.

Reactions: norman881
I think he's talking about the content of the NBC mux. Even though it's obvious that it's there for cueing and engineering purposes only, it used to carry full channels full-time.

Yeah stuff on 72 is come and go. I watch cnbc there when it's available and it's been down more than up the last few months. Wife and I also watched "The Blacklist" there last season, which ended early this spring.

I've found that 105 nbc mux has a fair amount of stuff up during prime time hours and it's HD. That's the one that gives you a 6+ GB TS format file for one hour of programming recorded.

I think he's talking about the content of the NBC mux. Even though it's obvious that it's there for cueing and engineering purposes only, it used to carry full channels full-time.
Exactly,I basically only use it to look at TWC,for the rare occasions when they're actually doing weather.A lot less buttons I have to push to see it on the little 13"tv,than using the DISH.That and it keeps the clock set right on my coolsat 5K.

Yes, I'm talking about the 4 channels on 72w.. TWC, NBC, CNBC, test.. Mmm. guess i'll adjust the dish some..

No luck on finding NBC Feed on 72W... the sat. is on my tower. had work done around the house that req. to remove tower temporary. had to reinstall tower. i think tower is down in ground about 1in more. would this effect getting 72W.. I do get 125w to 87w with no problems..

so, anyone care to tell me if 72w NBC mux feeds at 12055 at working now or not???? been asking for awhile.. this board seems to be going dead for FTA... maybe i should found another board to ask my questions at..

It is working fine in central PA. 3 off the 4 channels have something on them for me.

They seem to be most active when they have people in the field. IE: remotes. Weather events, political events, etc.
I think they are mainly used for the remotes to see/hear what's going on - on the public's 'channel'.

Ok. i fixed my problem.. Motor LAT off by 2 degree .. found 72W again.. weird work before i took tower down.. oh well..

Really tight. Trying to find 97 and just using my pinky finger just barely pushing the dish would mean signal or no signal. Using one of those cheap generic signal meters is no help either but a professional one is out of the budget.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts