NBC mux on 72W AMC 6

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SATisfied

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Lineboro, MD
I was sure that I used to get NBC/MSNBC on this sat.....did it go away? I had a thunderstorm last week and it fried my diseqc switch, so I replaced it, but for whatever reason, now my Coolsat 5k won't show me a signal on the 10750 setting. It does show me signal on the Universal, 10000, 10050, & 10600 settings, although I get no quality, and only on this sat.. I'm not sure what's going on here, so any input would be appreciated.

It is still up. Are other transponders close to NBC/MSNBC's frequency working on other satellites? I wonder if something happened to the LNB.

It is still up. Are other transponders close to NBC/MSNBC's frequency working on other satellites? I wonder if something happened to the LNB.

I don't remember the tp it was on, and I don't see them on lyngsat....another thing is that the blind scan doesn't get nearly as many hits as it used to....it may be the lnb. I'm gonna switch the cable to the other free "L" port, and see if that helps...thanks for the suggestion. I'll post back on here and let you know what happens.

Ok, I entered the tp's manually and I now have the channels back. I also switched ports on the QPH-031, but didn't make a difference. The lightening may have damaged it, although it's still working for the most part. I have the lnb settings on universal - 9750/10750. It won't show any signal on single - 10750. As long as it works....thanks guys for the input.

Turned "Off" or removed?
If it's still connected, that would explain why the Universal setting is working. A Universal LNB uses an internal 22KHz to go from Low to High. Universal High = 22KHz On.
Just a thought

I have a second dish with a universal lnb, but it is on a different port.....should have no effect. I have that dish pointed at 123W. The QPH-031 doesn't have a built in 22khz switch. I have no other external switches add.

I have a similar problem, my blind scan reads the NBC mux's maybe 10% of the time. However, even when it doesn't pick them up it can still "see" them if I manually go to them...

Sathawk PVR 800...it works consistently for almost every other known channel I can think of - but I see the Mux's rarely come up on a blind scan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)