Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
la
'When in danger or in doubt.
run in circles
scream and shout."
General George 'Bubba' Custer
June 25th, 1876

I may be Chicken Little here but the NBC mux on AMC 6 72W KU has been dead for two days now. Tp is up but no stations. Just a little nervous after losing Equity and KTWO.

Last edited:
Thought since it was on Lyngsat it was ok.
12053 V tp 17 (NBC feeds) If the (PTB):rant: powers that be here think it should be moved or deleted, no problem! :)
Just seemed important since we are losing so many stations. :mad:

actually it is listed on Lyngsat :)

Also Equity left due to the bankruptcy
KTWO was probably due to that too. I know at one point Equity owned KTWO and after they sold it, Equity wanted to keep it up there because they still ran KKTU which was pretty much a satellite station of KTWO. So they wanted to make sure they (Equity) could see KTWO

When Equity left KTWO probably did too after the contract was up

Hopefully it wasn't pulled due to someone posting about it in public since it's not on the list or lyngat.
? Unless you're talking about something different than what I think, this has been listed in Lyngsat for years, although not under the most descriptive of titles.

This mux has gone away for a while in the past. Once it came up on SBS6 for a while, so you might check there.
However, one thing about this mux is that the various channels haven't always had the same content. Usually, there has been either MSNBC or CNBC or both, and sometimes regular NBC programming, but it has changed from time to time, and I have been under the impression that this is mainly used for live uplinks of newsfeeds and such, and that they just put the above content on when they're not using it for live transfers. Maybe this is just in a period when they don't have any particular reason to put things on there. I seem to remember years ago, one of the Atlantic sats had a mux where they would pop up HBO or some similar movie channel when they weren't using it for feeds, and actually I've seen posts from people who said that they saw HBO on this NBC mux occasionally, so I think the only reason we've been seeing content is that some uplinker just put on some programming as filler.

EDIT: While typing the above, one of the 4 channels popped up with an NBC soap.

@party The (PTB)' Power That Be' has spoken!
Yeah, some regular NBC programming is all that's been on. I'm probably jumping the gun or the shark here but just hope that the 'other' stuff shows back up. Odd it's been two days now and they seem to load up different, slow almost like it was 4:2:2 or HD. Think I will run them thru my Quality TV box (formerly known as Quali-TV) to see if thay have changed formats.

Drat, Ms. Bubba says I got to help dig taters.:mad:

:bounce Group hug! Well, on second thought---;)
:bday

Listening to Alex Jones on GCN radio on G-19 97W 11836 V tp 5 (LyngSat).
:eek::eek::eek:

I'm heading to the basement after I finish helping Ms. Bubba!

Guess a little panicking here, just getting a little gun shy after the last couple of months. Whew!!! :)
Yep, my 401K is now a 101K. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)