NBC on AMC1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

derdude

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 10, 2004
Is anybody receiving any of the NBC feeds on AMC1? I am receiving some programming on AMC1 but nothing from NBC. I know earlier today I was getting NBC programming?

What type of content was you seeing? I remember when there was eastern, central, mountain, and western feeds that were in the clear a few years back before they went digital.

gee i hate when the messages starting getting good..
this time i would have to stay down the middle on this one..
the twinhan 1020a has a lot of benifits but so does IcE and his Blind Scan..
(even though there are a few people working on a blind scan program for the 1020a.)

i am getting 11880 right now and i think that is east/centeral/???
i need to tweek the dish again.. ( might be that way for a while. my meter stoped working)

Attachments

• PHTO0034.JPG
    PHTO0034.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 185
Forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference that gives the cards the ability to view this when recievers ("boxes") won't?

Would be great to get a blind scan program for TwinHan's... as I understand it, the biggest problem is how slow they are to lock onto a signal (3-4 seconds); the scan would be incredibly slow, and the programming would come and go as it progressed. Still... here's hoping ;-)

Hey Iceberg, can you get any other sat's besides G10 on your... well, G10 dish? I think you said it was an unmotorized WineGard.

CharredPC said:
Forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference that gives the cards the ability to view this when recievers ("boxes") won't?
I really wish I knew
Hey Iceberg, can you get any other sat's besides G10 on your... well, G10 dish? I think you said it was an unmotorized WineGard.

I have a plethora of dishes (updated pictures coming soon)
-Motorized 30" Winegard with KU and DBS on it (for the free channels)
-30" hotdish fixed on G10
-39x23 DirecPC for G3 (DBS next to it for ExpressVu radio...love Power 97)
-Dish500 & Dish300 (for Dish Network...DUH!)
-37x27 StarChoice dish (for star choice)

the recievers we have just aren't powerful enough. the computer with a pci-dvb card can only decode 4:2:2 in software mode, making the cpu of the computer do all the hard work.

if our receivers had pentium or amd chips in them and all the ram of our computers we'd be set with 4:2:2

Iceberg said:
I really wish I knew

I have a plethora of dishes (updated pictures coming soon)
-Motorized 30" Winegard with KU and DBS on it (for the free channels)
-30" hotdish fixed on G10
-39x23 DirecPC for G3 (DBS next to it for ExpressVu radio...love Power 97)
-Dish500 & Dish300 (for Dish Network...DUH!)
-37x27 StarChoice dish (for star choice)

Question for you Iceberg.. Is starchoice available to the US in general? Reading their website, look like they have decent program packages.

Rick

I can now receive everything that I was receiving before. I don't know what happened the other night. It seems to be normal for me now.
Thanks...

derdude said:
Is anybody receiving any of the NBC feeds on AMC1? I am receiving some programming on AMC1 but nothing from NBC. I know earlier today I was getting NBC programming?

Rick in MD said:
Question for you Iceberg.. Is starchoice available to the US in general? Reading their website, look like they have decent program packages.

Rick

It is, but its a grey market area. If you don't have a Canadian address, you have to go through a broker.
Check out the "Other Satellite" area here (its the area right below this one). There is a lot more info there :)

GutBomb said:
if our receivers had pentium or amd chips in them and all the ram of our computers we'd be set with 4:2:2

with the right programming know-how, it seems that the Dreambox could potentially work for 4:2:2. It has a fairly powerful cpu, runs on an operating system (Linux), can be upgraded to support a Hard Drive, and has an ethernet port (so it could be hooked up to a PC for 4:2:2 software). The downside is that it only supports 64MB of RAM. If the developers were to upgrade RAM capacity, we might have a solution for 4:2:2.

I'm no programmer, but it seems feasible that a program could be written to emulate what the PCI card and software does. Unfortunately the receiver also has a lot of potential for illegal activity. There have been other threads dedicated to the dreambox, so let's not argue the value of this receiver. All I'm trying to say is that this box may be a relatively inexpensive alternative for 4:2:2 channels that are ITC (if the memory could be upgraded to at least 128 MB????)

Iceberg said:
It is, but its a grey market area. If you don't have a Canadian address, you have to go through a broker.
Check out the "Other Satellite" area here (its the area right below this one). There is a lot more info there :)

Thanks I will start a looking.

If I didnt currently have my local channels available to me then I would be getting the pci card to get 4:2:2 for NBC feeds. It was nice when it was available to me on the AMC satellite when it was analog before Dish launched my local market. That was the only way I was able to get it unless I paid $30 a month for cable just to get the locals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)