Status
Please reply by conversation.

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Hey guys, looks like NBC has been added to On Demand or should I say Cinema plus, looks like SD

Yes that is to bad, can you do that with cable?

I bet this is sign of things to come for VOD services from cable and satellite. Advertising along with sub fees are the two ways that the content owners make money and if the content providers want access to that content they have to pay by the content owners rules which is probably the case here.

I dont know if NBC is available yet on Demand via Cable.

The reason I dont like that you can't fast forward the NBC shows has nothing to do with commercials. When I watch TV I normally fall asleep with the TV on so when I am watching I show I would like to see the ending I dont want to have to sit through the entire show again. I just want to fast forward to where I left off.

While this is not the most earth shattering news, Direct should have small press release on this?

Jerry - Only SD as of now, could change, hopefully.

This is a slippery slope that DirecTV agreed to, disabling skip and FFW. If you accept it with one the rest will ask/expect the same concessions. If it is the absolute caveat to get the networks on VOD than go for it, but what a slippery slope.

Yes Comcast here has NBC on demand in HD.You can also fast forward it just fine.

Silly question. What do you mean by NBC, video on demand? You are not saying that NBC network on local channels cannot be fast forwarded on DTV are you?

Silly question. What do you mean by NBC, video on demand? You are not saying that NBC network on local channels cannot be fast forwarded on DTV are you?
Another forum had this as a news item on their home page, and indicated that NBC On Demand can be found on channel 1004. This brings up a menu of NBC shows and you can choose which ones to watch at any time. As others said, the shows as of today are not available in HD, and you can't fast forward the On Demand shows. I browsed quickly and they seem to mostly be episodes from the current season.

Jerry - Only SD as of now, could change, hopefully.

This is a slippery slope that DirecTV agreed to, disabling skip and FFW. If you accept it with one the rest will ask/expect the same concessions. If it is the absolute caveat to get the networks on VOD than go for it, but what a slippery slope.
Hmm will it still pause? If so then maybe you could start it then pause and go make some popcorn or walk the dog then come back you should be able to FF shouldnt you? If not then you are better off to just record it to your list making VOD plum useless for this particular network.

Yes you can pause and rewind, but you can't fast forward. NBC wants to make sure you HAVE to sit through their commercials.

no
The video on demand allows you to download past episodes. I just checked it out this morning and they have recent episodes...recent as of this past week.
If you record it from your NBC you can do what you want (ff, rew, pause etc). I havent tried it on the VOD part yet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts