What are the fees with getting more rcvrs from DTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hdinsd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
I am trying to weigh whether or not to get an extra HD rcvr when i start my service
The fees seem to vary when you order another HD rcvr in the future, does anyone know exactly how much this is? for either an HD rcvr or HD-DVR

if i do start with an extra hd rcvr how much to return it if I end up not getting another HDTV?

Whether you get an HD receiver or DVR there will be a mirror fee which I believe is going up to $6 and if you already have a DVR then you won't pay anything extra, but if you don't it will be $7 for the DVR fee on top of the receiver fee. The boxes themselves range in price from $99 for an HD receiver to $299 for an HD-DVR. You can always negotiate the price down if you have been with Directv for a while. I have gotten free HD-DVR's before so you can try.

$99 for an HD receiver, $199 for an HD-DVR. It doesn't cost you anything to return it, just call them up to deactivate and they will send you a prepaid recovery kit to send it back with. However, as far as I know, if you order an extra receiver down the road, it resets your contract to 2 years. Also, AFAIK the $99 or $199 is nonrefundable if you decide not to keep it.

Just FYI, the HD receivers work just fine with an SDTV (as long as it has A/V inputs). In fact, an SD receiver will not work with the MRV service (whole house DVR), so just for that feature it is worth it to order all HD receivers up front. The HD boxes do not cost more per month than SD either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.