NBC OTA Trouble-Corpus Christie,TX

ericdoc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 30, 2004
NBC OTA Trouble-Corpus Christi,TX

It has been one week since NBC started broadcasting in HD in Corpus Christi and I have spent a lot of time on the phone with Voom and the Chief Engieneer at KRIS TV (NBC in Corpus).

I can get 99% on their channel 13, but the Voom box can't pick it up.

I realize, and emailed them that the "PSIP must be available in the stream with at least the following three fields present: Channel Number, MPEG Service Number and Short Name." They say that it is and that none of the other digital OTA recievers are having any trouble.

Voom said they do not (can't) map NBC for my box.

I have tried unplugging/restarting the Voom box.

Does anyone have any other suggestions??

It is part of your DMA it will be mapped. If it is not and the station is not sending the PSIP data stream then it won't be possible to get this channel. In late September there will be the ability to add a super dma mapping that will take care oft his problem.

So it's the channel part of your current DMA?

I believe it should be part of my DMA.
Corpus is not that big and there is only one set of locals to get. They just started broadcasting last week so I am sure Voom hasn't had time to add it in, if they still do that...

Thanks Sean, I'll send you an email

You help a lot of people and everyone appreciates it.

Thanks
Eric

ericdoc said:
It has been one week since NBC started broadcasting in HD in Corpus Christi and I have spent a lot of time on the phone with Voom and the Chief Engieneer at KRIS TV (NBC in Corpus).

Sounds similar to my situation. I get good signal for NBC but I never get any picture or sound. It IS shown on my channel mapping but I never get to watch it. I also have a Dvico Fusion HD tuner card that does the same thing, 90$ signal but no NBC. Hopefully the local station just has to fix something on their end-I emailed them.

--Dan

ericdoc said:

I realize, and emailed them that the "PSIP must be available in the stream with at least the following three fields present: Channel Number, MPEG Service Number and Short Name." They say that it is and that none of the other digital OTA recievers are having any trouble.

Voom said they do not (can't) map NBC for my box.

I have tried unplugging/restarting the Voom box.

Does anyone have any other suggestions??

ericdoc,

May I ask how VOOM service is in Corpus? Do you get any other OTA other than NBC (has the HD problem been resolved)? Time Warner's NBC-HD has been running since the olympics and it is fine. I am looking to switch to VOOM but I wanted to see how the OTA service was first.

I have voom in corpus I only get two OTA channels. please advise on what you figure out.. i need some more locals!

what two do you get KEDT and NBC?

It appeared that CBS and ABC were up here as well.

Here in Corpus I receive only PBSHD in HD. I also can pick up the local PBS and CBS digitally but they are not in HD. Fox and ABC said they are going to start but when I don't know. I still haven't figured what is wrong with NBC.
I spent a lot of time messing with it for about two weeks and have pretty much given up.

thanks for the response ericdoc...looks like I will be sticking with timewarner for a while

VOOM just isn't competitive, price wise, not even close

hopefully VOOM will get their head out of their butt on their pricing and I can sign up with them (maybe by that time the HD locals will all be working)

i believe the two i get are KEDT and KDTV . I would love to pickup NBC but those are the only two that show up...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)