NBC Owned Stations Launching Retro Subchannel

I see the barker channel for this, on Ku band, 103w, in the NBC Mux, so it won't be long. I wonder if my closest NBC station, that has MeTV as it's subchannel, will change to the NBC oldies version. I imagine that it's going to start a round of musical chairs. With the new NBC oldies station, MeTV, AntennaTV and RTV, it's getting crowded and one or two of these networks are going to come up snake eyes. I'm betting RTV, but they've got a bunch of other suspect holdings that may keep them alive, until one of the other three falter.

I wonder if I'll have to "re-scan" for it on my tv. I have the 2 (I think it's 2 NBC-30 channels out of New Britain) or if it will just pop up. I have the main channel then the "weather" channel. I hate re-scanning because sometimes it drops channels I already have. I went through a real rough patch for a while when I had to re-scan every couple days. My rotor doesn't work anymore. I think I should actually be able to get more OTA but that's a discussion for a different thread I guess.

At least with my TV, I don't need to re-scan when sub-channels appear or disappear. When PBS changed things around it noticed right away, and 3-2 (Springfield, MA CBS) disappeared without my having to do anything.

I wonder if I'll have to "re-scan" for it on my tv. I have the 2 (I think it's 2 NBC-30 channels out of New Britain) or if it will just pop up. I have the main channel then the "weather" channel. I hate re-scanning because sometimes it drops channels I already have. I went through a real rough patch for a while when I had to re-scan every couple days. My rotor doesn't work anymore. I think I should actually be able to get more OTA but that's a discussion for a different thread I guess.

shouldn't have to rescan. Here in Minneapolis we have gained and lost channels in the last 6 months and everytime there was a change once I tuned to the main channel the changes would take effect. SO when we got Bounce TV on 29-3 the 1st time I tuned to 29-1 then it showed up

Channel's up and running, IN PLACE of the weather on 30.2. I'm kind of looking forward to the He-Man and She-Ra Christmas Special.

Yup have been watching Beverly Hillbilies this morning on 30.2 here. :) (Although Miss the opening theme song which has been replaced by a banjo) :(

Looking thru the schedule, and I don't see most of the shows listed on the website http://www.cozitv.com/ . No Bionic Woman or 6 Million Dollar Man on WRC 4.2. Any idea if each station gets to pick and choose what it wants to play, or do they all show the same stuff?

Looking thru the schedule, and I don't see most of the shows listed on the website http://www.cozitv.com/ . No Bionic Woman or 6 Million Dollar Man on WRC 4.2. Any idea if each station gets to pick and choose what it wants to play, or do they all show the same stuff?
Odds are they will broadcast what is fed to them without modification, other than insertion of any local commercial spots or promos they may insert. This is not to say they may "bank" some shows and broadcast them at other times. Unlike the network that has multiple pre-feeds, COSI it basically a straight-to-air broadcast channel.

Last edited:
Since they are all owned by NBC I doubt there will be much variation in scheduling.

Yup have been watching Beverly Hillbillies this morning on 30.2 here. :) (Although Miss the opening theme song which has been replaced by a banjo) :(

That is pretty common with that show. No royalties to pay that way and at least for now this is a low budget operation. A step above RTV but not all that high a step.

Noticed today as I was scrolling through the channels that channel 5.2 Hastings, Ne is now Cozi tv---the station was a ThisTv affiliate. Not sure when this happened as ThisTv was SD so did not watch it.
The stations is a sub of 5.1 KHAS-NBC-Hastings, Ne.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)