NBC renews Blacklist, Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, Law Order SVU

Chicago Fire Boss Explains Why 51 Had to Say Goodbye to Another One of Its Own https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/chicago-fire-boss-explains-why-51-had-goodbye-060003085.html
[WARNING: The following story contains spoilers from Tuesday's Chicago Fire. Read at your own risk.]Chicago Fire has said goodbye to another member of its team.On Tuesday's episode, Peter Mills (Charlie Barnett) finally got his spot back on the squad -- just as his mom and sister decided to take over his dad's restaurant in North Carolina. Despite saving a life on his first call back with the team, Mills realized it was time to choose his real family over his work one.

Law & Order: SVU Finale Shocker: Not Returning for Season 17 https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/law-order-svu-finale-shocker-022743344.html
The following story contains spoilers about Wednesday’s Law & Order: SVU finale, so hit the nearest exit if the episode is still sitting on your DVR.When Law & Order: SVU kicks off Season 17 this fall, it will be down an officer.In Wednesday’s finale, a near-death experience prompted Det. Nick Amaro to make a major life change: he informed Olivia that he was leaving the NYPD and relocating to the West Coast to be near his family. And the decision will stick, as TVLine has confirmed that his portrayer, Danny Pino, will not be returning to the show next season.“It seemed to be, in a strange way, right for Amaro to start fresh somewhere else,” showrunner Warren Leight told TVGuide.com. “It’s not to say any of us enjoys it, but it seems like that’s where the story was going and I think all of the actors felt like the exit was honored.”Pino joined SVU in Season 13 following the departure of co-lead Chris Meloni.

SVU Finale Diss: Does Stabler Deserve the Shade Benson Just Threw? https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/svu-finale-diss-does-stabler-023703341.html
Detective Elliot Stabler “resurfaced” Wednesday night in the Law & Order: SVU season finale, in an unexpected and arguably jarring way.(Big spoiler ahead, for those who have yet to watch….)At episode’s end, Detective Amaro (played by exiting cast member Danny Pino) revealed to Benson (Mariska Hargitay) that, having been a hot-headed magnet for inter-department controversy (and after barely dodging, but not, a bullet in a courthouse shootout), he has decided to resign from the NYPD and relocate to California, to “start over.”As a shaken Benson processed the news, Amaro offered, “I know I wasn’t what your old partner was for you,” referring to Stabler, who exited the show at the close of Season 12 (when series vet Christopher Meloni famously parted ways with the NBC series).“No, you weren’t…,” Benson responded — but in a good way, she proceeded to explain.“I grew more in my last four years with you than I did in the 12 years that I was with him,” said Benson, who in recent years has risen in rank from Detective to Acting CO to Sergeant. “That relationship, whatever it was, didn’t allow for anything else. But with you, with your support, I have a family,” in wee son Noah (whose adoption is now super-official).Did Benson’s remembrance of her “limiting” (?) partnership with Stabler catch you off guard? Or do you see where she was coming from?

Why Season 3 Of 'The Blacklist' Will Be Unlike Past Seasons http://www.idigitaltimes.com/blackl...rd-season-will-be-unlike-anything-else-464547
NBC’s The Blacklist is returning this fall for a brand new third season. The network has revealed that The Blacklist season 3 air date will be Thursday, Sept. 24 at 9 p.m. EST. The season 3 premiere of The Blacklist will pick up with Elizabeth Keen (Megan Boone) feeling with Raymond Reddington (James Spader) after she kills Tom Connolly (Reed Birney) and makes her way on the FBI’s Most Wanted list. The biggest change in season 3 is something fans know already: Liz is no longer an agent and she’s on the run. "[This storyline] opens and takes us into a new chapter where she is no longer just an FBI agent — they have a real journey that they're about to go on,” said executive producer Jon Bokenkamp to The Hollywood Reporter . “They're entering the third season as fugitives."What does this mean for the show? Aside from shaking things up in the plot line department, this means the general formatting seen in the first two seasons of The Blacklist will no longer apply. Fans can expect something different than the normal procedural with an ongoing story arch.

The Blacklist Season 3: Our Hopes for Liz, Red and the Fractured Task Force https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/blacklist-season-3-hopes-liz-143251694.html
By the time credits rolled on The Blacklist‘s Season 2 finale last May, everything we thought we knew about the NBC drama had been blown apart.Liz, having murdered Attorney General Tom Connolly, landed herself on the FBI’s Most Wanted list and began the life of a fugitive with Red by her side (and her former FBI colleagues on her tail).Meanwhile, news of The Cabal’s existence was leaked to the press, and good ol’ Tom Keen… well, we’re not exactly sure what he went off to do.What we do know is The Blacklist has a (somewhat) clean slate heading into Season 3, now that its very protagonist is on the run from the law — and, ahead of the series’ Oct. 1 return (9/8c), we have a few suggestions for the show’s third go-round.

Chicago Fire Sneak Peek: Casey Faces Down the Barrel of a Gun http://tvline.com/2015/08/27/chicago-fire-season-4-spoilers-video-casey-gun/
“I think Casey’s in trouble.”That’s an understatement, Dawson, judging by the following promo for Chicago Fire‘s Season 4 premiere.While his ex calls in P.D.‘s Voight and Antonio for help, Casey is left in a stand-off with Nesbitt and his armed men. As the haunting final voiceover reveals, shots will be fired — but by whom?As executive producer Matt Olmstead teased to TVLine, Casey has to deal with “what he had to do to survive that ordeal, which would haunt a lot of people. He had to punch his way out.”Chicago Fire returns Tuesday, Oct. 13, at 10/9c on NBC.

Whoopi Goldberg to Guest-Star on 'Law & Order: SVU' http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/whoopi-goldberg-law-order-svu-823989
The EGOT winner will appear in the Oct. 7 episode.The special victims unit is getting a very special guest star this season.EGOT winner Whoopi Goldberg will guest-star on Law & Order: SVU, NBC announced Wednesday.The View co-host will play Janette Grayson, a Department of Child Services supervisor put on trial when the agency comes under fire for their internal policies. Goldberg's episode, which is slated to air Oct. 7, will also welcome back Peter Gallagher as Chief Dodds. She joins previously announced guest star Virginia Madsen. As first reported by The Hollywood Reporter, Madsen will play Rollins' mom in the sixth episode of the season.Goldberg also appeared on a 2006 episode of Law & Order: Criminal Intent, co-written by SVU showrunner Warren Leight.In addition to The View, Goldberg's credits include Ghost, The Color Purple and Glee. She is repped by CAA and Principato-Young Entertainment.Law & Order: SVU's new season premieres Wednesday, Sept. 23 at 9 p.m. on NBC.

'Law & Order: SVU' Casts Virginia Madsen as Rollins' Mom (Exclusive) http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/svu-virginia-madsen-rollins-mom-823981
She will appear in the sixth episode of season 17.Rollins' (Kelli Giddish) family is coming to town this season on Law & Order: SVU.The NBC drama has tapped Virginia Madsen to play her mother, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.The Sideways actress will be joined by True Blood alum Lindsay Pulsipher, who returns as Rollins' troublesome sister, Kim.Madsen will play Beth Anne Rollins, whom showrunner Warren Leight describes as a "very protective" matriarch. "In theory, Amanda Rollins is her successful daughter. [She's] college-educated, a detective, moved to New York, so of course the mother likes the daughter who has a warrant out for her arrest, has been involved with very sketchy men and has run her life into the ground," Leight tells THR. "Beth Anne Rollins thinks that daughter can't make mistake and Amanda has turned her back on the family."Madsen and Pulsipher will both appear in the sixth episode of season 17, which coincidentally also marks Leight's 100th episode since taking over as showrunner..Madsen's other credits include Monk, Hell on Wheels and Witches of East End. She is repped by UTA and Untitled Entertainment.Law & Order: SVU returns on Wednesday, Sept. 23 at 9 p.m. on NBC.

'Law & Order: SVU' Boss Says Fans "Absolutely Misinterpreted" Benson's Stabler Remarks http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/law-order-svu-season-16-797459
[Warning: Spoilers ahead for the Law & Order: Special Victims Unit season 16 finale, "Surrender Noah."]Law & Order: SVU said goodbye to a series regular on Wednesday's season 16 finale, but it was a conversation about a long-gone member of the unit that really got viewers talking. In the final moments of the finale, an injured Amaro (Danny Pino) informed Benson (Mariska Hargitay) of his intention to retire from the NYPD and move closer to his family. "I know I wasn't what your old partner was for you," he said."No, you weren't. I grew more in my last four years with you than I did in the 12 years I was with him," Benson told him. "You know, that relationship, whatever it was, didn't allow for anything else. But with you, your support, I have a family.Although it was a sweet farewell for the two, their exchange not received warmly by fans of Benson's former partner, Elliot Stabler (Christopher Meloni), who left the unit suddenly after season 11. "There was obviously a lack of resolution with Elliot's departure, so every time it comes up, it kind of pulls that scab off," showrunner Warren Leight tells The Hollywood Reporter. "There's nothing you can do or say or write about Elliot that will appease the people who don't understand why his character left."Leight spoke with THR about the decision behind Amaro's exit, why Amaro didn't die and how fans "absolutely misinterpreted" those remarks.

NBC orders live, viewer-determined 'Law & Order' spinoff http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_Ne...r-determined-Law-Order-spinoff/9651442486017/
NBC's long-running drama Law & Order is about to be placed in the hands of the public with a new, live spinoff, where real-life verdicts are determined by its viewers.According to The Hollywood Reporter, NBC is working to produce an unscripted docuseries with producer Dick Wolf and production company Magical Elves. The current reported working title of the series is Law & Order: You The Jury.The reality show will follow true civil cases -- no murder trials -- as they unfold in a TV courtroom; the audience will reportedly be asked to take part in the proceedings during the hourlong show most likely via social media.During this upcoming season, Wolf will already be producing four NBC shows including Law & Order: SVU, Chicago Fire, Chicago P.D. and Chicago Medical. You The Jury will be the fifth Wolf production on the network.No scheduled air dates for You The Jury have been announced.

'Law & Order: SVU' Enlists 'Forever' Alum as New Sergeant https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/law-order-svu-enlists-forever-alum-sergeant-210516680.html
Forever alum Andy Karl has been cast in a recurring role as Sgt. Mike Dodds, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.If the name 'Dodds' sounds familiar, it's because his father is none-other-than Deputy Chief William Dodds (Peter Gallagher), who was introduced last season on the NBC procedural. The deputy chief assigns his son to the SVU squad, which obviously complicates matters."He's very well connected so anything you say can be used against you," showrunner Warren Leight told THR in a recent interview about the new addition."Our guys trust each other and have each other's backs to varying degrees. Now there's a new person coming in and nobody knows how much you can rely on him and whether or not he's there as a spy."Karl, who makes his debut on the series in October, joins previously announced guest stars Virginia Madsen and Whoopi Goldberg.His other credits include the original Broadway productions of Legally Blonde, Rocky the Musical and 9 to 5. He is repped by Paradigm, Authentic and Felcher and Freifeld.Law & Order: SVU returns Wednesday at 9 p.m. on NBC.

Mariska Hargitay, EP Warren Leight, and More Discuss ‘Law & Order: SVU’.....The steadfast show is prepping for its 17th season......... http://observer.com/2015/09/mariska-hargitay-warren-leight-and-more-discuss-law-order-svu/
As the steadfast series Law & Order: SVU gets set to kick off their 17th (!) season, the cast and creative team behind the series recently gave some intel about what’s in store for the detectives at the 16th precinct this year.“There are a lot of changes coming, many that will be noticeable right off the bat,” explains Showrunner Warren Leight. “First off, the squad room has been updated a lot. These detectives, especially Benson and Fin, have been living in this space for quite a while now and it just seemed like it was time to spruce up some things and change some other things for practical reasons. I felt like Benson probably just, at some point, said to everyone, ‘things need to change around here and here’s now we’re going to do it,’ and then she just made sure it got done.”These physical changes aren’t the only alterations that will take place as the season progresses, says Leight. “This season there will be a lot of transitions within the team. These are necessitated by things that are happening in our characters personal and professional lives and that’s very realistic because that’s how it works in the real world; no one is stagnant. You can’t be. Things happen and you have to adjust to them, like it or not.”One of the big transitions that viewers will surely feel is the loss of Detective Nick Amaro, who left to be with family in California at the end of last season.Peter Scanavino, who plays Detective Dominick ‘Sonny’ Carisi, a character who was introduced last year, remarks that Amaro’s departure has meant that his character has had to step it up a bit. “Last year, Sonny was pretty green in that he wanted to be working on every case in some way, but he didn’t always really comprehend exactly what he needed to be doing because the things that were happening in the SVU area were so very different from what he knew up to that point. Now, he’s taking on an expanded role in the squad room and he’s starting to get how things really work. I feel like he sort of learned that from Amaro and he’s putting everything he learned from Amaro into play now.”

'Law & Order: SVU' Boss on Team's "Challenging Year" Ahead, New Sergeant and Saying Goodbye https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/law-order-svu-boss-teams-challenging-ahead-sergeant-201840374.html
Between holding the second-highest political office in the country and plotting his possible run for president, it's safe to assume Vice President Joe Biden doesn’t have a lot of time to worry about TV spoilers. So when he appeared alongside Law & Order: SVU star and producer Mariska Hargitay at an event earlier this month, Biden unknowingly spilled the beans on Benson's promotion in this coming season."As Joe Biden said, 'She's the lieutenant,' " showrunner Warren Leight tells The Hollywood Reporter. "Someone's got to step up and be the sergeant."Just don't expect anyone from within the ranks to do so, which leaves a major gap in the wake of Nick Amaro's (Danny Pino) decision to step down from the force last May. "There aren’t enough cops. We're down a man," says Leight. "We may be seeing someone new join the force about a quarter of the way through the season."Leight talked with THR about the squad's "very well-connected" new addition, exploring the Josh Duggar scandal and his last season as showrunner.

How Will the Law & Order: SVU Team Move on Without Amaro? http://www.tvguide.com/news/law-and-order-svu-season-17-warren-leight/
Detective Amaro may be gone fromLaw & Order: SVU, but there are still many more changes to come.Although Danny Pino's exit from the series will not be discussed laboriously in the two-hour Season 17 premiere (Wednesday at 9/8c, NBC), the emotional weight of Amaro's loss will be felt through the first several episodes of the new season, particularly by Benson (Mariska Hargitay) and Rollins (Kelli Giddish)."We don't get an immediate replacement," executive producer Warren Leight tells TVGuide.com. "So, the first quarter of the season we're dealing with people scrambling and trying to stay afloat. This guy was a rock in the department. He was there emotionally for Benson and Rollins -- and at times physically for Rollins -- so they're both missing him. We don't have people moaning about it, but you sense that it's changed the rhythm."And that sense of change will seep into all the characters' lives this season. "This year is about transitions," Leight says. "Where everyone is at the beginning of the season is not where they'll be at the end. A show in its 17th year cannot be static."Although Benson already made one transition at the end of last season when she formally adopted baby Noah, in the new season, after passing the lieutenant's exam, she will be forced to hire a new sergeant. "One thing we'll see early on is a lot of be careful what you wish for," Leight says. "You take the lieutenant's exam and pass, and suddenly you have to be more political in your job than you've had to be in the past. That's not her strong suit."

Law & Order: SVU postmortem: How 'Transgender Bridge' 'could've gone the wrong way'......'I was glad that I could be the everyman watching this show,' said Peter Scanavino......http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/30/law-order-svu-transgender-bridge-postmortem
Wednesday’s episode of Law & Order: SVU, titled “Transgender Bridge,” follows the events that unfold after a transgender teen is pushed off a bridge.However, the act was not entirely intentional. Darius (Dante Brown), a teen as well, sees Avery (Christopher Dylan White) as a “dude in a dress” and decides to prove his manliness to his friends by pushing her around and taking her camera. When Avery falls into Darius, he panics and pushes her away, unaware that the edge of the bridge is so close. The episode goes on to deal with forgiveness, education, and understanding.“Transgender Bridge” comes at a time when America is still grappling with the discussion of transgender and LGBT rights following Caitlyn Jenner’s very public transition, although executive producer Warren Leight says the episode was shot back in May — prior to Jenner’s Vanity Fair reveal, but following her 20/20 interview with Diane Sawyer. “We’ve been stewing on it for a while,” said Leight.“There have been a lot of stories about transgender teens, a lot of struggles, a lot of difficulty,” Julie Martin, also an executive producer, added. “So we’re inspired by the media, as always — what people talk about on Twitter and what we’re reading about.”

'The Troll Farmer'....Lizzie goes full Masha, and a creepy new villain messes with the wrong Dembe....... http://www.ew.com/recap/the-blacklist-season-3-premiere
“My name is Masha Rostova. I’m a Russian agent — I work for the FSB, and I’m seeking diplomatic immunity.”Those words, spoken by one Elizabeth Keen while slammed against the inner fence of the Russian embassy, were nothing I could have predicted when The Blacklist premiered two years ago with James Spader throwing himself on the ground at Quantico and requesting to speaking to that very same Elizabeth Keen. Nor could Liz — then a hopeful adoptive mother, freshly trained FBI profiler, wife of a Warby Parker-wearing third grade teacher — have predicted them. No, life has not gone the way Elizabeth Keen thought it would. Because if there’s one thing Thursday night’s premiere hammered home, it’s that instincts really aren’t something to count on.I’m really quite surprised at how conceptual this season 3 premiere turned out to be; compare it to that of Red’s “The Man Comes Around” murder walk of the midseason 1 premiere or the finger dismemberment being administered by Berlin in season 2’s premiere, Thursday’s night’s opener was pretty light on action: There were bread delivery trucks harboring fugitives, but no car chases; there was a Blacklister, but no Blacklister hunt; there were threats — lots of threats — but no follow through. Yet.

How ABC’s ‘Quantico,’ ‘Blood & Oil’ Fared in Fall Premiere Delayed Viewing Ratings https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/abc-quantico-blood-oil-fared-fall-premiere-delayed-222536695.html
Following up on a solid initial ratings, ABC’s “Quantico” premiere posted big gains in delayed viewing numbers released by Nielsen Friday.The spy drama, starring Priyanka Chopra, grew to a 3.1 rating among adults 18-49 in live ratings plus three days of playback — up 63 percent its debut Sunday. That 10 p.m. broadcast drew a solid 1.9 live-plus-same day rating, made all the more impressive by the fact that it grew 36 percent from its lead-in, fellow freshman drama “Blood & Oil.”“Quantico” is now the second biggest gainer in terms of percentage growth from same day to three days among the new fall series premieres, behind only “Scream Queens.” But that show started from a much lower base number (1.7), and remained well below “Quantico” in live-plus-three ratings at 1.5.

Law & Order: SVU Is Tackling a Duggar-Inspired Episode https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/law-order-svu-tackling-duggar-inspired-episode-211932805.html
The Duggar family has been at the center of months of scandal and controversy lately and will now be the subject ofLaw & Order: SVU. The NBC drama will be taking on a story line inspired by the family's lifestyle for an upcoming episode that will air Wednesday, Nov. 4, reports E Online.The episode, aptly titled "Patrimonial Burden" will feature a famous conservative reality TV family being investigated by Benson and the team when news breaks that one of the children, a 13-year-old girl, is pregnant.Tony nominees Andy Carl, Geneva Carr and Christopher Sieber will guest-star in the episode, along with Ryan Devlin, Victoria Leigh and Chris Elliot. Carr and Sieber will play parents to the 10 children in the family.This is not the first time that SVU has pulled inspiration from the headlines. This season's premiere offered a take on Robert Durst and The Jinx and this week the show will tackle police shootings after the death of an unarmed black man.Just three months ago, TLC canceled 19 Kids and Counting, starring the Duggars, after Josh Duggar admitted to molesting young girls, including his sisters, Jill and Jessa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)