NBC Sound Drop-outs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
NBC Sound drops during games...right now with the Taylor Swift show...is this a D* thing, local, national? In Columbus, Ohio, been going on for quite a while now, anyone else...all receivers.

Flying J

NBC Dropouts

In my market, we have NBC audio drop outs, and the picture often freezes. It is only on the NBC affiliate, and it happens on all my receivers. I am in the Traverse City/Cadillac Michigan market....a HD local into local market.

I get sound dropouts from our local NBC station all the time. Sometimes it is so bad that I just give up and watch something else on a different channel. My local NBC station is WTMJ in Milwaukee, WI. I have been with Directv for almost 2 years now. My commitment is up with Directv April 4 this year. The sound dropout problem with Directv has been going on for quite some time now. It used to be on most any station they had that used Dolby Digital sound. They seem to have fixed the problem on most other stations but the NBC station drops out even worse than the other ones ever did. Their response to me was to turn off the Dolby Digital sound in my setup menu. I find that to be an unacceptable fix for the problem. It just lets Directv or NBC (who ever problem it really is) off the hook What good does it do to have a nice home theater system if you can't use the proper sound? When my commitment is up with Directv on April 4 I will be dropping their service if they don't have the sound problem resolved. I don't like to pay for something that I'm not getting.

Last edited:
See these threads:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-technical-discussions/219261-sound-cuttin-out.html
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/222328-sound-dropouts.html

I had many sound issues with KPRC-2 NBC out of Houston through DirecTV
Tried swapping cables, using digital coax and digital fiber optic with no success.
I called customer service many times and was finally transferred to tech support.
They seem to have fixed it, for NBC at least, sometimes I still get drop-outs on other channels, but NBC has been fixed since November...... knock on wood :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)