NBC Sports in the Sports Pak?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

yawn9

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
I'm a little frustrated right now, so I wanted to check in with people in the know to make sure my reading of the D website is correct.

I live in zip code 52405, which means I need to have the Sports Pak to have FS-MW. This is the only channel I want out of the Sports Pak.

I currently have the Choice Xtra (Classic) plan, of which the only channel over the Entertain package I really want is VS/NBC Sports. It would be ideal if I could drop my plan down to Classic and have the Sports Pak pick up NBC Sports, but the website makes it look like that wont work. Is this correct?

Right now I'm essentially paying $13/mo for FS-MW and $14/mo for NBC Sports. Is there any way around this without moving? I'm looking to cut every cost down that I can with a kiddo on the way.

I'm a little frustrated right now, so I wanted to check in with people in the know to make sure my reading of the D website is correct.

I live in zip code 52405, which means I need to have the Sports Pak to have FS-MW. This is the only channel I want out of the Sports Pak.

I currently have the Choice Xtra (Classic) plan, of which the only channel over the Entertain package I really want is VS/NBC Sports. It would be ideal if I could drop my plan down to Classic and have the Sports Pak pick up NBC Sports, but the website makes it look like that wont work. Is this correct?

Right now I'm essentially paying $13/mo for FS-MW and $14/mo for NBC Sports. Is there any way around this without moving? I'm looking to cut every cost down that I can with a kiddo on the way.

I just saw the sports pack advertised for $7 a month, so you may want to check that out and see if you can get yours reduced. I don't know about DirecTV, but Dish would let customers "move" without doing it physically as long as your dish would pick up what you need and you don't care about locals.

sadly NBC Sports (formerly Vs) is not in the sports pack. So if you dropped to Entertainment package you'd lose that channel. Even if you "moved" you woudlnt get the RSN unless you added the sports pack (if you dropped to Entertainment)

Where do you live? I had Directv about 5 years ago and that was my first satellite provider. We had always had Charter cable before then. When I signed up for Directv I signed up for the sports pack because I didn't understand how RSNs worked with satellite. For some reason I was under the impression that I had to have it to get my RSN (FSN Detroit). After several months I found out that your local RSN is included in your base package.

I know the sports pack will add the Cardinals games to several states outside of Missouri because their territory is bigger so I don't know if that applies to you if the Blues are similar.

The OP is in Cedar Rapids, Iowa (same location as the "wife") which is claimed by pretty much everyone from each direction. With a base package you get CSN Chicago but add sports pack you get FS North, Midwest, KC and Wisco

So he gets 6 MLB teams, 2 NBA teams (Bulls and Wolfies) and 2 NHL teams (Blues and Blackhawks)...ironically the MN Wild arent part of it

Ok. I didn't see a location listed. I have Dish now but in my area we only get 1 team from each league on FSN Detroit (and BTN) whether we have the sports pack or not. I only get it during football season for Redzone and some extra college football because its not that useful the rest of the year.

For people claimed by multiple teams in each sport like the OP the sports pack is a great deal. It's like a mini EI package with an extra NBA and NHL team. It is to bad that all the national sports channels like NBC sports, MLB, NHL, NFL, NBA, and ESPN U aren't included in the sports pack on both providers though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)