Nbchd Is On!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
brainiac said:
This is the stupidest ish I've ever heard of! I live in northern Virginia, and a non-local station in Baltimore, which I have never been able to get, can dictate that I can't receive the local O&O affiliate in Washington, DC, because of a "prediction" of what my reception might be!

I know your pain. I'm surprised WUSA didn't throw a fit when baltimore got the HD feed for CBS.

*shrug*

I'm hoping the WBAL Engineer with be a nice guy and grant me the waiver!

vinnyv07 said:
Just watched Joey tonight in HD via Directv and it had some audio dropouts...and one video dropout that threw the audio out of sync. Only one show ...not counting Leno is in HD tonight on NBC.
Noticed the same sync problem here too-Also, pq didn't look that great-better than SD for sure, but not as "sharp" as CBS HD on D*-Hopefully pq will improve, along with audio sync, over time. ;)

Why NBC Olympics but no NBC-HD now?

I was given the NBC Olympic HD coverage automatically even though I don't live in an NBC O&O DMA. However today the new NBC HD channel didn't come on. I wasn't really expecting it would but I'm wondering what the difference is as I understood the Olympic coverage was only for O&O areas too? :confused:

It was also for markets that gave their okay to NBC to allow the HD channel to be broadcast to people outside O&O markets.

In order to get the NBC-HD channel you will need to ask Directv to send your local NBC station a waiver on your behalf.

I live near Hartford, CT where wvit is o&o by nbc and I dont get nbce channel 82. What gives?

If you're in CT outside of Fairfield County, you *should* get NBC. Where are you outside of Hartford?

Picture quality sure sucked on Leno for sure. If this is what I am going to pay for, I may leave if they don't get tit together.

Lem52

Waiver When?

I applied for waiver in early August (CBS), still nothing. Have called Dtv a few times recently, they are looking into it. Noew with NBC HD I guess I will go through the same thing. :no
Why is this so darn difficult?

NBC-HD was not activated automatically for me either. I live in Old Saybrook, CT which is not in Fairfield county. I called DirecTV and after half an hour on hold and one transfer to a different department they activated NBCE for me. It was quite painless other that a 30 minute hold.

I also had them apply for waivers for CBS & NBC-W. Those will probably fail, but it's free to ask.

I applied for the waiver because it wasn't automatically turned on. I was told 45 days. Is this correct?? CBS-E was turned on immediately for me after my third try.

Do I need to keep calling until I get it??

I'd keep calling, you never know.
But calling in the first few weeks of every NFL season is a pain as the lines are clogged with NFL ST subs.

I was able to get CBS-HD from a waiver based on the fact that I told Directv that getting it OTA was horrible if at all. I live within 15 miles from the towers but because of the buildings and trees near me (I'm lucky that the LOS for the satellite is perfect) the signal isn't that great.

The other day I called Directv to get a waiver sent for NBC-HD and also for FOX-HD and ABC-HD when those two become available.

They can take up to 45 days to respond. I was told though that if they don't respond within 45 days you are automatically granted the waiver.

Finally CBS and NBC HD-- Got it!

After finally getting fed up with the run- around of waiting on waivers. I called DTV today and complained. I told them that I have waited over 45 days for the CBS waiver and now with NBC I didn't want to wait again. I also said that my OTA antenna was not giving me a very good picture. Well I guess I got the right CSR today and he proceeded to turn them both on!
:clap
I also mentioned that on their web page for HD, that it states that the Philly area is included in the HD programming market.
I guess it pays to persevere !

Pauly :usa

PS for all you HD junkies... On HDNet.. Sun., Sep. 26th 12:00 AM ET
Sat., Sep. 25th 9:00 PM PT Hardcore Midget Wrestling.. what more can you ask for!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts