NBC's ‘Aquarius’

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Claire Holt is moving into the age of “Aquarius.”

Holt, who earlier this year exited the CW's “Vampire Diaries” spinoff “The Originals,” has signed on to co-star in NBC's upcoming series “Aquarius,” opposite David Duchovny.

“Aquarius,” which was ordered direct to series by the network, will star Duchovny as a 1960s Los Angeles police sergeant with a complicated personal life, who starts tracking a small-time criminal and aspiring cult leader who lures vulnerable women. The criminal turns out to be Charles Manson, and his crimes in future seasons will include the Tate-LaBianca murders.

thewrap.com

I just saw the previews for this summer series while watching The Blacklist. The show premieres on Thursday, May 28th. Can I take it this is going to 13-episode one and done series and not spam into another season or two? If so, I'm going to set a timer.

I have no interest in watching it, but NBC is releasing the entire series on NBC.com after it premieres the first episode. It will continue to air weekly though on TV. I assume NBC anticipates this tanking early, hence the online release.

Reactions: teachsac
I believe this is a limited series and it has already been cancelled and won't return for a season next year. So it should be self contained beginning to end and done. Yes it has been cancelled by NBC before it's summer premiere run. According to Seriable website:

A series that has yet to Premiere, has been Cancelled ...
Do they still show the Premiere ?

Has a show ever been Cancelled before it opens before ?

A series that has yet to Premiere, has been Cancelled ...
Do they still show the Premiere ?

Has a show ever been Cancelled before it opens before ?

I would say cancelled is too strong a word. They made 13 episodes which they will release online all at once like netflix but, still air them on TV. But, they will not come back with another story arc. Unless of course they get great ratings and success with their online streaming... BTW the online version will have full commercials...

I would say cancelled is too strong a word. They made 13 episodes which they will release online all at once like netflix but, still air them on TV. But, they will not come back with another story arc. Unless of course they get great ratings and success with their online streaming... BTW the online version will have full commercials...
Yep, all they are doing is stealing a page from the Netflix playbook. I think it is not only an interesting experiment, but demonstrates they are being open to changing times. And besides, NBC really has nothing to lose at this point. So, I applaud the effort. And though I lived through it, historical interest will probably lead me to watch it.

This show is unwatchable...timer deleted. It's going to be a televisionless Summer.

That is why I save so much from the regular broadcast year... I have many, many hours on the TiVo(s) still waiting... I catch up by the new season, or delete the show and timer. If it is not good enough to catch up on by the end of summer why bother recording it.

I've been watching it, mainly because of David Duchovny, I've always like him from back in the X-Files days.

I'm struggling with it, just not really into it as much as I would like, probably will be deleting it soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)