NCAA 2009-2010 The Bowls

The SEC has 10 teams in bowl games this year.. I predict they will go at least 8-2

With the possible loss being GA, They did great though against GaTech but they sucked the rest of the year.. That being said Texas AnM is not that good so the SEC may even go undefeated in bowls..

Another possible Loss Kentucky Vs Clemson.. Although maybe not, as the SEC has had the ACC's number as of late. Kentucky had a decent end of season with some hard fought wins and tough losses.. Good luck K...

I see LSU being able to hold out Penn st, (I mean they went toe to toe with Alabama)

South Carolina vs Uconn.. Sorry UConn fans the SEC is just to much for you. The old ball coach needs and wants win to end the season. USC's Defense is tough, if there offense is able to do anything its over for you early.

Auburn vs North Western.. Seriously did you see what Aurburn almost did to Alabama? I really would hate to play for NW come bowl game..

Tenn vs VTech.. I think the Vols are on a roll, They will be an SEC east contender next year. A win over VTech would just be icing on the start of the new season for them.

Florida vs Cincy... Well remember when FLA lost to ole miss? That fired them up enough to go 22 straight games without a loss including an SEC title, and National Title, and an SEC East title. Id really hate to be Cincy, although the bearcats are good, Tebow and the gators want redemtion.. (I maybe a homer but I forsee a FLA domination)

Alabama vs Texas.. Well without a doubt Alabama takes this game. texas showed against nebraska that when they play a good defense, they can not do much. Bamas offense is 10times that of Nebraska and Bamas defense is better to. Sorry Horns it is you who will be "hooked" Roll tide Roll.

Arkansas vs East Carolina.. What can I say.. Arkansas quite possibly has the best Offense in the SEC.. If there defense can do a little somthing they will win this game easily.

Ole Miss vs OK St, should be a great game, I was very iffy about this one. It could of gone in the possible loss category, but OK St, showed some weakness toward the end of there season and while ole miss last game was a loss (rivalries are tough ill give them slack) They beat LSU and Tenn in tough games.. OK St Beat GA, but Ole Miss is no GA,

Side note, only 2 SEC teams are not in bowls... Vanderbilt, and Miss State. I wonder if the bowls are trying to say somthing....

3-7, only wins Georgia, LSU, Auburn.

SEC is the most overrated conference this year.

We shall see.
It is overrated just because people would have you believe that the SEC is better than the NFL. Alabama and Florida were the only really good teams in the SEC this year. LSU is highly overrated, and everyone else was just average.

It is overrated just because people would have you believe that the SEC is better than the NFL. Alabama and Florida were the only really good teams in the SEC this year. LSU is highly overrated, and everyone else was just average.

Better than the NFL? Not at all.:)

Better than last season's version of the Conference? Maybe/maybe not?

Will Alabama cakewalk in the BCSCG? Probably not, Texas is not Ohio State in terms of athletic ability to match up with quickness/footspeed. Brown probably fares better than Tressel in this type of game also.

LSU overrated? Not al all. They would steamroll to a Confernce title in the ACC, Big East and possibly the Big Ten.

Would hang right with Texas in the Big 12 and be a top half team in the PAC 10.

Those 7-5 SEC teams you call average would also contend for most any other BCS Conference title and would win the ACC with ease.

Georgia Tech and Clemson played that out for the world to see just two weeks ago.LSU/Georgia Tech matchup last season in a bowl game was also an ass whipping for all to see.

Other Conferences play good football, SEC doesn't have the market cornered in that department. Other Conferences have some top flight teams and play good football both in and out of the BCS Conferences. ACC and Big East though are the two weakest BCS Confernces by a substantial margin.(IMO)

Last edited:
The SEC is and has been a strong football conference for years. Remember most bowls are played in the SunBelt giving the SEC huge advantage in both recruiting and the games, themselves.:D

Two of those average teams beat both of the ACC championship game contenders.

Two of those average teams beat both of the ACC championship game contenders.
Yeah I know, but the measure of how great the SEC is isn't how it fares against the ACC. There's lots of other conferences out there. As I recall Oklahoma St beat Georgia and UCLA beat Tennessee. Given the hype of the SEC it's fair to say it is overrated if there aren't 5 teams in the top 10 and 8 teams in the top 25, because that's how good folks want you to believe the SEC is. Face it the Pac 10 was much better than the SEC this year.

PAC Ten is also a top flight conference. From top to bottom they are on par with SEC this season. I have no trouble admitting that. If some think the PAC 10 is better, I wouldn't debate that with a ton of conviction. Both Conferences are top flight this season.

As for that top 25 argument I reject that whole heartedly. Both the SEC and Pac 10 cannibalize each other within the Conference. Makes it harder to have a plethora of top 15 teams.

For example I submit Rutgers as exhibit A.

8-4 team that at one time was ranked in the top 25. An absolute joke. Their OOC wins this season were over Howard, Fla International,Texas Southern,Army and a pathetic Maryland team. Couple that with playing in a weak conference make for a very undeserved gaudy record. Leads to a top 25 ranking,leads to other teams saying we beat a ranked team.

Please! There are at least 50 teams in the country better than Rutgers. Only playing that schedule combined with their Conference affiliation perpetuates the myth that they are a decent team, they're not at all.

Yeah I know, but the measure of how great the SEC is isn't how it fares against the ACC. There's lots of other conferences out there. As I recall Oklahoma St beat Georgia and UCLA beat Tennessee. Given the hype of the SEC it's fair to say it is overrated if there aren't 5 teams in the top 10 and 8 teams in the top 25, because that's how good folks want you to believe the SEC is. Face it the Pac 10 was much better than the SEC this year.
Not according to Sagarin.
USATODAY.com

I even questioned the SEC vs. the Pac-10 in my podcast week before last, but I think the SEC has pulled ahead. Georgia lost to OkSt in week 1 but beat Arizona State and Georgia Tech out of conference. I just don't see evidence that the Pac-10 was "much better".

As for that top 25 argument I reject that whole heartedly. Both the SEC and Pac 10 cannibalize each other within the Conference. makes it harder to have a plethora of top 15 teams.

For example I submit Rutgers as exhibit A. 8-4 team that at one time was ranked in the top 25. An absolute joke. Their OOC wins this season wre over Howard, Fla International,Texas Southern,Army and a pathetic Maryland team. Couple that with playing in a weak conference make for a very undeserved gaudy record. Leads to a top 25 ranking,leads to other teams saying we beat a ranked team.

Please! There are at least 50 teams in the country better than Rutgers. Only playing that schedule combined with their Conference affiliation perpetuates the myth that they are a decent team, they're not at all.
If Rutgers is Exhibit A then LSU is exhibit B. They played Tulane, LA Tech, LA Monroe, and Washington OOC. They lost to the 3 best teams they played all year, and got fat beating up on mediocre conference opponents (And I use the term beating up liberally if you saw their wins over Georgia, Miss St and Arkansas). The problem is that LSU has a great tradition, and Rutgers does not. Thus people make every excuse in the book for LSU, and even pencil them in the top 10 to start the season, while Rutgers would have to go undefeated to earn any respect. Once you remove the biases there's not much difference.

If Rutgers is Exhibit A then LSU is exhibit B. They played Tulane, LA Tech, LA Monroe, and Washington OOC. They lost to the 3 best teams they played all year, and got fat beating up on mediocre conference opponents (And I use the term beating up liberally if you saw their wins over Georgia, Miss St and Arkansas). The problem is that LSU has a great tradition, and Rutgers does not. Thus people make every excuse in the book for LSU, and even pencil them in the top 10 to start the season, while Rutgers would have to go undefeated to earn any respect. Once you remove the biases there's not much difference.

While LSU's OOC is not that tough it's still much harder than Rutgers. You ignore the fact that LSU plays 8 In conference games that are tough matchups.

Rutgers struggles to stay ahead of Vandy for title of 11th best team in the SEC.

Though they(Rutgers) might be a top half of the Conference team in the ACC. Even that's doubtful.

If you think Rutgers and LSU are even close to being on the same level, I don't know what to say other than you're sadly mistaken. LSU has backups sitting on the bench that would be all conference players if they played for Rutgers.

Forget Rutgers and LSU - if you want a crappy OOC schedule, look at...

Texas.

I think Alabama beats them by 20+

Forget Rutgers and LSU - if you want a crappy OOC schedule, look at...

Texas.

I think Alabama beats them by 20+
Texas has been living dangerously. They have only one good win, Oklahoma St. Their OOC opponents were terrible, they barely skated past Oklahoma, Texas A&M and Nebraska, and they trailed at the half to Colorado.

Texas has been living dangerously. They have only one good win, Oklahoma St. Their OOC opponents were terrible, they barely skated past Oklahoma, Texas A&M and Nebraska, and they trailed at the half to Colorado.

At least they beat credible opponents- compare that to TCU's cupcake-loaded schedule or Bama's laughable OOC.

I submit any team west of the Mississippi. The Big8 didn't get respect until they became the Big12. WAC still has no respect. The Pac10 continues to do well in bowls. The 3 strongest states for High school ball are Florida, Texas and California. To win 10 or 11 games in a year is one thing, to do that on an outdoor BLUE field in a northern clime is astonishing. BCS kept their dignity in tact by having TCU and Boise State play each other. It would be demeaning to have them play and beat one of those Eastern writer approved Eastern schools.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)