NCAA 2009-2010 The Bowls

The ACC and BE more than make up for it in basketball season, whereas the SEC is lucky to get 3-4 teams into the dance.:rolleyes:

We aren't talking about basketball, that is in another thread.
Back to Football.

SEC is the best. :D

The ACC and BE more than make up for it in basketball season, whereas the SEC is lucky to get 3-4 teams into the dance.:rolleyes:
Throwing in basketball stats when we're talking football isn't exactly the best way to make your point.
cheeky9cj.gif

Here's a fun fact:

LSU has not won a bowl game outdoors since the 1997 Independence Bowl, while every bowl game they have won since then has been indoors.

McCoy should probably hire a construction crew to build a dome over the Citrus Bowl.

Here's a fun fact:

LSU has not won a bowl game outdoors since the 1997 Independence Bowl, while every bowl game they have won since then has been indoors.

McCoy should probably hire a construction crew to build a dome over the Citrus Bowl.
They've only played two outdoor bowl games since then, losing the 2003 Cotton Bowl to Texas and the 2005 Capitol One Bowl to Iowa (on a last second hail mary pass with massive offensive holding - but never mind that). That is a fact though...the Tigers play well in a dome (usually). :)

Your 2010 BCS Bowl Game Announcing Schedule

Awful Announcing: Your 2010 BCS Bowl Game Announcing Schedule

Friday, January 1st
Rose Bowl (ABC, 5pm): Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Oregon Ducks - Brent Musburger and Kirk Herbstreit
Sugar Bowl (FOX, 8:30pm): Cincinnati Bearcats vs. Florida Gators - Thom Brennaman and Brian Billick

Monday, January 4th
Fiesta Bowl (FOX, 8pm): Boise State Broncos vs. TCU Horned Frogs - Sam Rosen and Tim Ryan

Tuesday, January 5th
Orange Bowl (FOX, 8pm): Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets - Dick Stockton and Charles Davis

Thursday, January 7th
BCS National Championship Game (ABC, 8pm): Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Texas Longhorns - Brent Musburger and Kirk Herbstreit

Friday, January 1st
Rose Bowl (ABC, 5pm): Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Oregon Ducks - Brent Musburger and Kirk Herbstreit
Sugar Bowl (FOX, 8:30pm): Cincinnati Bearcats vs. Florida Gators - Thom Brennaman and Brian Billick

Monday, January 4th
Fiesta Bowl (FOX, 8pm): Boise State Broncos vs. TCU Horned Frogs - Sam Rosen and Tim Ryan

Tuesday, January 5th
Orange Bowl (FOX, 8pm): Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets - Dick Stockton and Charles Davis

Thursday, January 7th
BCS National Championship Game (ABC, 8pm): Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Texas Longhorns - Brent Musburger and Kirk Herbstreit

Couldn't have asked for a better pairing of Musburger and Herbstreit for my game. Those two work great together!

Couldn't have asked for a better pairing of Musburger and Herbstreit for my game. Those two work great together!
You think so? I've always thought they turned the game into a big suckfest for the favored team, then switch (if necessary) to the team that starts to take control of the game. Better hope it's the Bucks. ;)

Throwing in basketball stats when we're talking football isn't exactly the best way to make your point.
cheeky9cj.gif

ok - how's this?

The SEC is clearly the winner in using school-hired "women" to get recruits! :)

(and non-Tennessee people don't be so happy, like we all haven't heard of the Gator Getters, for example)

cheeky9cj.gif
Yeah, but basketball stats are the only way that Ramy can feel good. ;)

Plus, with the season (except Army-Navy) over and only the Bowl games left, there's not much more to talk about.

I'm surprised that thread didn't get unpinned when the bowl thread was stickied.

Last edited:

Friday, January 1st

Monday, January 4th

Tuesday, January 5th

Thursday, January 7th

Dear God, we get to the Rose bowl and we have to put up with Musberger to boot.
I'm not sure if he's ever said anything good about the Buckeyes , wait, I think I would put him right behind Trev Alberts and Mark May for negative Buckeye announcing.

They had to stick him on our game. :no:down

Dear God, we get to the Rose bowl and we have to put up with Musberger to boot.
I'm not sure if he's ever said anything good about the Buckeyes , wait, I think I would put him right behind Trev Alberts and Mark May for negative Buckeye announcing.

They had to stick him on our game. :no:down
Surprised you don't like Musburger. He is a huge shill for the Big Ten, and you get Kirk, Buckeye, Herbstreit along with him.

Surprised you don't like Musburger. He is a huge shill for the Big Ten, and you get Kirk, Buckeye, Herbstreit along with him.

Herbie is afraid to say anything positive about the Bucks for fear they will make him out to be rooting for his former team.

Musburger calls a game by who's winning, if the Bucks are winning everything is great, they fall behind and then they have done nothing all day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)