NCAA 2009-2010 The Bowls

It still makes my point that the SEC is overrated, that is why they get in the BCS game.
Lol, by winning? What else could Alabama do this year? The started the season by playing a huge OOC game against the current #12 team in the nation, and won in convincing fashion. Then played a tough SEC schedule against several then top 25 ranked teams, and decisively beat the then #1 team in the nation. So if they shouldnt be there, who should? TCU? Boise?

Same last year with Florida?

Then look at bowl records as well. If they ARE overrated, it does not speak kindly for the other conferences out there based on those facts.

Lol, by winning? What else could Alabama do this year? The started the season by playing a huge OOC game against the current #12 team in the nation, and won in convincing fashion. Then played a tough SEC schedule against several then top 25 ranked teams, and decisively beat the then #1 team in the nation. So if they shouldnt be there, who should? TCU? Boise?

Same last year with Florida?

Then look at bowl records as well. If they ARE overrated, it does not speak kindly for the other conferences out there based on those facts.
Alabama is not overrated. It's teams like Georgia, Tennessee, LSU, and Ole Miss that are overrated. They all act like they are just as good as Alabama, yet somehow wind up 7-5, but they wouldn't drop a game to anyone OOC EVER. That's where the SEC gets the overrated reputation.

Alabama is not overrated. It's teams like Georgia, Tennessee, LSU, and Ole Miss that are overrated. They all act like they are just as good as Alabama, yet somehow wind up 7-5, but they wouldn't drop a game to anyone OOC EVER. That's where the SEC gets the overrated reputation.
Well Georgia did beat the ACC champ in an OOC game;)

Well Georgia did beat the ACC champ in an OOC game;)
There you go again. Need I remind you there are, count them 6, BCS conferences, not 2. So what, Georgia beat GT. GT also beat 2 SEC teams. Whoops. And Oklahoma St beat Georgia. Forgot about the Big XII. I'm sure Tennessee would like to forget about the Pac 10 since they lost to UCLA.

There you go again. Need I remind you there are, count them 6, BCS conferences, not 2. So what, Georgia beat GT. GT also beat 2 SEC teams. Whoops. And Oklahoma St beat Georgia. Forgot about the Big XII. I'm sure Tennessee would like to forget about the Pac 10 since they lost to UCLA.
I am not disputing those losses.

Here is the total OOC record for the BCS conferences. With the record against other BCS conferences second

Here's the final chart entering bowl competition:
SEC 42-6 (.875) 10-4
Big East 32-8 (.800) 9-7
Pac-10 21-10 (.677) 8-7
ACC 30-18 (.625) 9-11
Big Ten 31-11 (738) 5-9
Big 12 35-13 (.729) 4-7

That is true. There will just be a BCS champion. And while most of us would agree that we would much rather have a playoff, this is sadly what we are stuck with right now.

It has flaws, but lets not forget it is still much better than it was before. At least IMO. For the life of me though, I cant understand why they did not do a top four mini playoff with the BCS instead of this extra game BS. This is basically no different than it was a couple of years ago except now you have two more teams sharing in the wealth. It really did not clear it up at all.

If FLA beats Cincinnati would the BCS then of gotten it "right" ?
But what if Cincinnati beats Florida, same as Utah did to Alabama last year?

I'm sure Auburn has something to say about how fair the BCS is at picking a champion.

Personally I think the SEC is the best football conference, but I think the BCS is the worst possible way to pick a champion. For all we know, Utah would have beaten Florida last year in a playoff, after all, they beat Alabama worse than Florida did.

Without a real playoff, we'll never know who is truly the champion.

But what if Cincinnati beats Florida, same as Utah did to Alabama last year?

I'm sure Auburn has something to say about how fair the BCS is at picking a champion.

Personally I think the SEC is the best football conference, but I think the BCS is the worst possible way to pick a champion. For all we know, Utah would have beaten Florida last year in a playoff, after all, they beat Alabama worse than Florida did.

Without a real playoff, we'll never know who is truly the champion.

Yes Auburn got hosed, but do you really think the BCS is better than it was before the BCS? Not saying that it is the best, or even good, but before was even more random.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts