NCAA 2009-2010 The Bowls

Here's my take on some of the bowl games. I'll get to the others later on:

New Mexico Bowl
Fresno State vs. Wyoming December 19 4:30 pm ET ESPN
I have to go with the Bulldogs here, especially given how they beat Illinois with a gutsy two-point conversion. Wyoming? Their only claim to fame is playing two decent quarters against Texas.

St. Pete Bowl
UCF vs. Rutgers December 19 8 pm ET ESPN
I don't know much about these teams. I'll flip a coin and go with Rutgers- they've won three straight bowl games.

Las Vegas Bowl
Oregon State vs. BYU December 22 8 pm ET ESPN
It seems like BYU is sentenced to playing here every year for all eternity. But seriously, this actually has the potential to be very entertaining. I'll take the Beavers- they can run the ball much better. Plus, BYU is becoming to this game as USC was to Pasadena before this year- the eternal visitor.

New Orleans Bowl
Southern Miss vs. Middle Tennessee December 20 8:30 pm ET ESPN
I'll take Southern Miss. Why? I have no idea. i just am.

Poinsettia Bowl
Utah vs. Cal December 23 8 pm ET ESPN
Utah didn't beat anybody- like Penn State, they beat the creampuffs but failed against the big boys (Oregon, TCU, BYU). Cal did beat Stanford. I'll take the team that actually beat someone with a pulse.

Hawaii Bowl
Nevada vs. SMU December 24 8 pm ET ESPN
If a Hawaii bowl takes place and Hawaii isn't around to play, does it make a sound? Anyway, I'll go with Nevada- they run well, and are looking to get that blue-turf butt kicking out of their psyche.

Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl
Marshall vs. Ohio December 26 1 pm ET ESPN
In the battle of green teams, I'll go with Ohio. Randy Moss and Chad Pennington are not walking through that door. PIZZA PIZZA!

Meineke Bowl
Pitt vs. North Carolina December 26 4:30 pm ET ESPN
Pitt would like to get to 10 wins, but with a shaky passer against that UNC secondary- I don't like those odds. But I'll roll the dice and take the Panthers- Dion Lewis is too damn good a RB to keep down, no matter how stout Team Anders is.

Champs Sports Bowl
Miami vs. Wisconsin December 29 8 pm ET ESPN
Wisconsin's been here before, but they have a better offense than last year. But one thing I've learned about bowl season- never pick the slow Big 10 teams. I'm taking THE U!

Emerald Bowl
Boston College vs. USC December 26 8 pm ET ESPN
As much as I can't stand the Trojans, as much as they've underachieved this year- I have no faith in the Eagles' offense. They aren't as dynamic as the ones that beat USC this year. Maybe if Matt Ryan was still there...

Independence Bowl
Texas A&M vs. Georgia December 28 5 pm ET ESPN
A&M's offense looked great in a valiant defeat against Texas. Georgia has no passing game, but a good running game. Neither team has a good defense- My prediction- fireworks on the scoreboard! This will be a fun game to watch. I'm going with the Aggies- they have an actual QB.

Meineke Bowl
Pitt vs. North Carolina December 26 4:30 pm ET ESPN
Pitt would like to get to 10 wins, but with a shaky passer against that UNC secondary- I don't like those odds. But I'll roll the dice and take the Panthers- Dion Lewis is too damn good a RB to keep down, no matter how stout Team Anders is.
I'll take Carolina, big surprise. My logic is that Pitt suffered a worse loss to Cincinnati than Carolina did to State, and the game is in Charlotte, so I think Pitt will just go through the motions. However considering that Carolina managed to lose to NC State, Virginia and Florida St you really can't feel that any game is a lock. :( We do seem to do well against ranked teams though, and Pitt is ranked so take that for what it's worth.

Emerald Bowl
Boston College vs. USC December 26 8 pm ET ESPN
As much as I can't stand the Trojans, as much as they've underachieved this year- I have no faith in the Eagles' offense. They aren't as dynamic as the ones that beat USC this year. Maybe if Matt Ryan was still there...
You called for 4 losses from USC. It's time to cash your chips. The Trojans aren't losing 5.

First games under way

Fresno Vs Wyoming.. What a good game so far. Not bad for the start of the bowl season..

Then UCF vs Rutgers (got to go with the home team here GO KNIGHTS)

Wyoming converts three fourth-downs on their game-tying drive, then put up a gutsy goal-line stand in overtime.

I picked Fresno to win, but hates off to the Cowboys.

Bad news for Florida.. Brandon James will not be playing in the Sugar Bowl.. he will be greatly missed by an offense that is already missing some key spots.

LSU and Florida hate each other.

Since when are they supposed to cheer for one another?

It's a Southern thing, you're supposed to root for all things South before even considering a Yankee team. ;)
Actually, both of you are right. Sometimes it's hard for us to satisfy all of our needs. :D

Since they are BOTH in the Almighty SEC, all SEC teams root for one another from what we've found here.
That's just BS we throw around here to get under certain thin-skinned Bucknuts (works everytime - like shootin' fish in a barrel ;)).

No matter what some say, SEC fans get a certain amount of satisfaction out of seeing each other stumble once in a while, except when it has an effect on our own team's ranking of course - then we always pull for the mighty SEC. :up

Actually, both of you are right. Sometimes it's hard for us to satisfy all of our needs. :D

That's just BS we throw around here to get under certain thin-skinned Bucknuts (works everytime - like shootin' fish in a barrel ;)).

No matter what some say, SEC fans get a certain amount of satisfaction out of seeing each other stumble once in a while, except when it has an effect on our own team's ranking of course - then we always pull for the mighty SEC. :up

Especially when a certain #1 team gets beat by a perennial bottom dweller. :D

You mean , you SEC fans don't root for one another after all ?

Sure we do. So far as it helps our own team :) Id root against alabama if it meant FLA would go higher.. But it would not help our cause so I root for them. :)Our only hope to be #2 is alabama to win big and fla to destroy cincy.

So roll tide roll!!!

Also if other SEC teams do big in the bowls it makes FLAs win and undefeated season even more valuble to earn them the #2 spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts