NCAA 2009-2010 The Bowls

They don't

That is the point.

Each has a case to be #1.

Will never be a national Champion without a playoff.

I totally agree that a playoff is needed, but since when does being undefeated automatically makes the case for being #1?? I mean if you go undefeated in division II, should you be ranked above Alabama? I mean I think strength of scheduled ABSOLUTELY needs to play a part.

They got hosed because there is no playoff, not because they went undefeated....

And it it still better than what we had before. IMO

Utah played great last year and beat Alabama ....
Why are Boise St and TCU not playing a BcS team ?

How can they prove themselves without getting a chance to play them ?

Oklahoma lose several years back, then Alabama lost last year, I don't think any of the BcS teams will be taking them lightly. (Florida vs Cincy) is the only case this year.

Hopefully no "They didn't want to be there" this year ....

Oklahoma lose several years back, then Alabama lost last year, I don't think any of the BcS teams will be taking them lightly. (Florida vs Cincy) is the only case this year.

I have problems with it too, but I wouldnt say that BCS conference teams wouldnt take others lightly, Utah beat the hell out of Bama, but if one thinks that Bama did not take them lightly, I do not know what to say. Doesnt change the fact that we got our asses handed to us royaly. I would say the same with Oklahoma that year. The mid majors are good some years, sometimes even better than the BCS teams that they play, but there is a letdown in playing them, and that leads to not taking them as seriously as they should be taken. Of course a championship team should not do that, and if it proves anything, it proves that Bama and Oklahoma were NOT championship teams those years.
I still say it is better than what we had before.

I have problems with it too, but I wouldnt say that BCS conference teams wouldnt take others lightly, Utah beat the hell out of Bama, but if one thinks that Bama did not take them lightly, I do not know what to say. Doesnt change the fact that we got our asses handed to us royaly. I would say the same with Oklahoma that year. The mid majors are good some years, sometimes even better than the BCS teams that they play, but there is a letdown in playing them, and that leads to not taking them as seriously as they should be taken. Of course a championship team should not do that, and if it proves anything, it proves that Bama and Oklahoma were NOT championship teams those years.

Actually, I don't think you'll see teams getting taken lightly anymore because of these games.
That said, I doubt any of those teams would do as well if they played in the BcS conferences on a regular basis.

That said, I doubt any of those teams would do as well if they played in the BcS conferences on a regular basis.
Why not? Cincinnati did after making the leap from Conference USA to the Big East.

Granted I've said the Big East isn't as good as the SEC before, but West Virginia did beat the SEC Champion Georgia in the 2006 Sugar Bowl (painful, because a church member was a WV alum, and gloated at me for a good year).

Why not? Cincinnati did after making the leap from Conference USA to the Big East.

Granted I've said the Big East isn't as good as the SEC before, but West Virginia did beat the SEC Champion Georgia in the 2006 Sugar Bowl (painful, because a church member was a WV alum, and gloated at me for a good year).

These things happen once in a while, but normally not on a regular basis.
Unfortunately the bowl scenario will not let us find out for ourselves as they won't match them up against a regular BcS bowl game participant.

Example, depending on who Cincy brings in, they may not be in the top 20 next year.
I hope they continue thier recent success, but it's far from the norm.

Example 2 :
Utah, they had a great run while Urban was there, now they could be good enought o be in the top 20 one year and not the next and back the next year or be a few years before we hear from them again.

Example 2 :
Utah, they had a great run while Urban was there, now they could be good enought o be in the top 20 one year and not the next and back the next year or be a few years before we hear from them again.
Florida is no different? Before Spurrier, they were Georgia's bitch and close to the level of Vanderbilt & Kentucky in the SEC.

The Evil Genius turned that around. Zook reversed it, and Urban put things back around.

If not for Spurrier & Urban, Florida would be an also ran.

Florida is no different? Before Spurrier, they were Georgia's bitch and close to the level of Vanderbilt & Kentucky in the SEC.

The Evil Genius turned that around. Zook reversed it, and Urban put things back around.

Before Spurrier ????

When was that ?

Who was the coach before Steve ?

Why you got to dog on Kentucky?:rant::D

There has also been the reverse of that too. Remember Hawaii vs Georgia? That was a blowout too.

Before Spurrier ????

When was that ?

Who was the coach before Steve ?
Spurrier became the head coach of Florida in 1989 replacing Galen Hall who was fired for extensive cheating in the program, same with his predecessor Charley Pell who managed to go winless in 1979. He lead them to their first ever SEC championship in 1991 after 57 years in the conference (Hall had one his final year, but it was voided due to the cheating that he was fired for).

Georgia led the cocktail party series 43-22-2 before he got hired. After that point, Florida won 17 of the next 20.

I've grown up watching the SEC, prior to Spurrier arriving, no one ever took Florida seriously in the SEC.

Last edited:
Why you got to dog on Kentucky?:rant::D
Just having fun with you ramy. ;)

One of the things I always heard growing up, was that the SEC & ACC should swap Vandy & Kentucky for Ga Tech & Clemson to get the football schools in one conference and the b-ball schools in another.

But yes, I will say Kentucky has always been a notch above Vandy. :p

Just having fun with you ramy. ;)

One of the things I always heard growing up, was that the SEC & ACC should swap Vandy & Kentucky for Ga Tech & Clemson to get the football schools in one conference and the b-ball schools in another.

But yes, I will say Kentucky has always been a notch above Vandy. :p

Oh I know you were. I have heard that stuff about switching too, but it will never happen as we all know. We all know that Kentucky is the leader of the SEC. :eek::D

Spurrier became the head coach of Florida in 1989 replacing Galen Hall who was fired for extensive cheating in the program, same with his predecessor Charley Pell who managed to go winless in 1979. He lead them to their first ever SEC championship in 1991 after 57 years in the conference (Hall had one his final year, but it was voided due to the cheating that he was fired for).

Georgia led the cocktail party series 43-22-2 because he got hired. After that point, Florida won 17 of the next 20.

I've grown up watching the SEC, prior to Spurrier arriving, no one ever took Florida seriously in the SEC.

So Florida's only been prominent in the last 20 years ?

Before the old ball coach FLA was pretty much where USF is now. good/bad/good/bad no one knows..

Remember before UF was strong they had to compete for atheletes against the U and FSU who were the florida power houses.... Now UF and The U are the big kids with FSU, USF coming up behind them.. Not to mention UCF, which is the largest school in fla (student body wise) dont expect them to suck forever.

Before the old ball coach FLA was pretty much where USF is now. good/bad/good/bad no one knows..

Remember before UF was strong they had to compete for atheletes against the U and FSU who were the florida power houses.... Now UF and The U are the big kids with FSU, USF coming up behind them.. Not to mention UCF, which is the largest school in fla (student body wise) dont expect them to suck forever.

UCF needs to get in the Big East.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)