NCAA 2013 Football Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
An 8 team playoff would have a few more telling match ups between major conferences. Might alleviate the whining, although I doubt it.

Personally, I would have started at 8 bowl games for the playoff ...
Now granted, if your number 9, your gonna not be happy, but at least that puts most of the top teams in for the year.

Its like Coach Fisher said, as well as many other coaches, once you have a 4 team playoff then 5 and 6 have a beef, and so on... I still think 8 would have been the good move. It keeps those teams playing more regularly through Dec so they can keep a rhythm. The worst thing about playing in the BCSNCG is that you have 30 days off.

Its actually more than 30 days, this year it's 5 weeks from today actually.

Previous years, before the Big Ten moved thier season enders back, (by adding bye weeks) they went from the weekend before Thanksgiving to the second week in Jan, at the time it was 51 days .... :eek:

Lol, laugh it up. Deep down you know that you are happy, no relieved, that the Iron Bowl ended on a fluke play and now FSU has a legitimate chance at the bcs championship with Bama not playing. Go ahead, admit it ;)

And I'm glad to see you acc fans finally admit what you did here. Quoted, and on the Internet for eternity. :D

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I don't think Bama wanted any part of that FSU team baby :eek: :p

For me the playoffs would have been designed around the conf champ games, with maybe a 1 or 2 team wildcard selection... Win you conference, go to playoffs, don't, you are at the mercy of the panel. Clean cut.

Until the conferences are equal, while I may agree with the general thought process, I just can't agree with it put into practice.

The big east just isn't as tough as the sec/big 12/Ect. Winning it should not carry a greater reward Imo than a one loss conference runner up in some of the stronger conferences. Then you have your independent schools.

That's using a major current auto qualifier conference. It's laughable to compare even farther down the conference power totem pole (and yes there are upsets)

Mich St vs FSU could be a snooze fest, but that's not a bad thing. Im a firm believer in the fact you have to have a good D. O is important too, but consistent D wins games. Its like good pitching vs bad pitching.

I'm really glad to hear that people like Defense, for many years, people here (some) would think that if D is played they should be allowed in the game.
They want Offense , offense and more offense.

I think thats Offensive. :)

Im talking ACC, Big12, Big10, SEC and Pac12. Others can be handled with a few wildcards they may or may not get. That can always be adjusted down the road.

Here is an intersting tidbit I read earlier:

FSU's Common Opponents with SEC teams:

FSU 51 Clemson 14
Clemson 38 Georgia 35
S Carolina 31 Clemson 17

FSU 41 Miami 14
Miami 21 Florida 16

FSU 59 Wake 3
Vandy 23 Wake 21

FSU 80 Idaho 14
Ole Miss 59 Idaho 14

FSU 37 Florida 7
Florida 31 Tennessee 17
Florida 24 Kentucky 7
Florida 30 Arkansas 10
LSU 17 Florida 6
Missouri 36 Florida 17
Georgia 23 Florida 20
Vandy 34 Florida 17
S Carolina 19 Florida 14

TO me its simple. Take a look at the top 10 (you can use all the data thats there already from computers, coaches, etc...) and find the best 4 teams. As we know, many times teams are just up there because of preseason rankings. IMO, we should hit week 4 or 5 before polls are EVER released.

Only problem with that thinking is some go by NUMBERS and thats it ... I would go by numbers as well as HEART and passion to play the game.

Right now NONE of that counts for anything.

I'm really glad to hear that people like Defense, for many years, people here (some) would think that if D is played they should be allowed in the game.
They want Offense , offense and more offense.

I think thats Offensive. :)

More than one coach, who are smarter than all of us with regards to football, has stated that D wins championships. I firmly believe in this. I know FSU has some flashy characters on O, and Winston and Benjamin had added to that flair, but I cannot stress the importance of what Coach Pruitt has done as Def Coord. FSU is avg'ing 11 pts per game and 260 yard given up. While the offense can start slow, his D shows up every week. I'll take that any day of the week.

Thats me. I did not feel it was right that Bama went instead of Ok St.

For me the playoffs would have been designed around the conf champ games, with maybe a 1 or 2 team wildcard selection... Win you conference, go to playoffs, don't, you are at the mercy of the panel. Clean cut.

If thats the case, you'll have the Conference Champs and 2 more sec teams ..... yeee ha ...

If thats the case, you'll have the Conference Champs and 2 more sec teams ..... yeee ha ...

I think we can all agree that would be fantastic. In fact it may be three sec teams (champ and two runners up) and another conference champ.

If there is a more fair way I'm all ears.

I think you will see less homerism out of the panel, than you get now from the bobbleheads. If they were in charge the noles wouldn't be allowed in the gate and they'd just hand Auburn the trophy.

Why do they fight this idea so hard?I suppose it's the spectacle of some committee picking whom they consider to be the best 4 teams.While it does give 2 more teams a shot,it's still akin to a popularity contest.16 team playoff is the only way to go.

I can see it going from the current 2, to next year 4 then eventually 8, then possibly 10 with bye weeks for 1 and 2, or possibly 12 and eventually to 16 if all is moving along smoothly ... You'll have the Sweet 16 picked by the commitee much like the basketball tournament does.

Hopefully they are allowed to make these changes during the current agreement, otherwise, it's gonna be awhile before it advances, the current agreement goes thru 2025 I think it said.

I think you will see less homerism out of the panel, than you get now from the bobbleheads. If they were in charge the noles wouldn't be allowed in the gate and they'd just hand Auburn the trophy.

What bobble heads? If you missed it FSU is ranked number 1 in every available ranking.

If you are talking about the media, then who cares. Even if they are saying that, again, FSU is ranked number 1 in every available ranking. Lol.

If you want to think ESPN and other "media" dont have some influence, keep your head in the sand.

The AP poll and Coaches poll are even subject to homerism..

Of course the panel with convene in Atlanta to choose the teams ...

What bobble heads? If you missed it FSU is ranked number 1 in every available ranking.

If you are talking about the media, then who cares. Even if they are saying that, again, FSU is ranked number 1 in every available ranking. Lol.

He's probably watching espn, the home of sec football.

I believe I heard earlier today that Alabama would be at least a 3 point pick to win the Championship over ANY team ....
That came from Vegas.

He's probably watching espn, the home of sec football.

LOL.

Not much of a choice for an ACC/SEC fan. What else am I supposed to watch lol. Samantha Cox's post game interview with Winston sums up ESPN right. TMZ-Sports Division. "Give da Heisman to AJ".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)