NCAA 2013 Football Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mich St vs FSU could be a snooze fest, but that's not a bad thing. Im a firm believer in the fact you have to have a good D. O is important too, but consistent D wins games. Its like good pitching vs bad pitching.

What polls will be used before the "expert" selection committee chooses the 4 playoff teams next season? Will the coaches poll still count, and will the AP come back into play? And what it the committee doesn't want two teams from the same conference playing when a team from another conference with a record almost as good, or better when looked at from a human perspective, can replace them? Sounds like this might be a s#*t storm waiting to happen IMO.

TO me its simple. Take a look at the top 10 (you can use all the data thats there already from computers, coaches, etc...) and find the best 4 teams. As we know, many times teams are just up there because of preseason rankings. IMO, we should hit week 4 or 5 before polls are EVER released.

What is the plan for next season though? Will all the current human and computer polls stay in play? I've heard the selection committee doesn't necessarily have to follow any polls and can choose who they think should go. And will the playoffs trump the AP and coaches poll when it comes to naming a champion? The BCS didn't necessarily do that (LSU and USCw in 2003). Will there still be the potential for split championships?

Thanks.
Among the factors that the committee will weigh are strength of schedule, conference championships, team records, and head-to-head results, plus other considerations such as injuries and weather. Unlike the current BCS system, the AP Poll, Coaches' Poll, Harris poll, and computer rankings will not be used to make the selections.
I can see now that there will be seasons when this will cause a huge s*#t storm. What happens when you have a strong conference runner up, and 4 undefeated conference champions? Would be fun to see it happen during the first year. ;) I didn't read anything concerning the elimination of an AP champion or Coaches Poll champion either.

Its interesting the top 12 effectively are chosen and spread out into bowl games. To be honest, I feel better about a group of smart and hopefully unbiased folks in a room looking at all the data available for the decision, vs the current process. If you can make the top 4, you have a chance. Up until now, people have felt at times the top 2 teams were the wrong teams to play, at least in a playoff system 3 and 4 get to state their case. Wonder how many times we may see #4 win it all...

The other factor is #2 and #1 win their semifinal games but get some injuries, all kinda scenarios are out there and I think itll add to the excitement.

It'll be "exciting" the first time the committee chooses a team ranked #5 or less in the AP and/or coaches polls, to be the 4th playoff team because they won their conference, while playing down their weak SOS. You know this or something similar is going to happen. With only a 4 team playoff, the potential to leave out deserving teams is much greater. Should be fun...until my team gets screwed. :D

Well, the improvement is, instead of 2 teams getting a shot and #3 being pissed, at least 4 now get a shot. I have a good feeling the out of the top say 6 teams, it wont be difficult most of the time to make sure the top 4 get in. It is what it is, but I think its an improvement.

It'll be "exciting" the first time the committee chooses a team ranked #5 or less in the AP and/or coaches polls, to be the 4th playoff team because they won their conference, while playing down their weak SOS. You know this or something similar is going to happen. With only a 4 team playoff, the potential to leave out deserving teams is much greater. Should be fun...until my team gets screwed. :D
Sorta like this year, where they could possibly pick a 1-loss conference champ in Baylor over a 1-loss non-conference champ in Alabama.

To be honest, if I was on the committee, I'd pick the conference champion over a non-champion, when they have identical records.

Thats me. I did not feel it was right that Bama went instead of Ok St.

For me the playoffs would have been designed around the conf champ games, with maybe a 1 or 2 team wildcard selection... Win you conference, go to playoffs, don't, you are at the mercy of the panel. Clean cut.

Thats me. I did not feel it was right that Bama went instead of Ok St.

For me the playoffs would have been designed around the conf champ games, with maybe a 1 or 2 team wildcard selection... Win you conference, go to playoffs, don't, you are at the mercy of the panel. Clean cut.
That's why I prefer 16 teams. You get all the conference champs, with enough with cards to ensure teams like Alabama still have a shot.

That's why I prefer 16 teams. You get all the conference champs, with enough with cards to ensure teams like Alabama still have a shot.

Why do they fight this idea so hard?I suppose it's the spectacle of some committee picking whom they consider to be the best 4 teams.While it does give 2 more teams a shot,it's still akin to a popularity contest.16 team playoff is the only way to go.

But, but, but, their games are harder...

Lol, laugh it up. Deep down you know that you are happy, no relieved, that the Iron Bowl ended on a fluke play and now FSU has a legitimate chance at the bcs championship with Bama not playing. Go ahead, admit it ;)

And I'm glad to see you acc fans finally admit what you did here. Quoted, and on the Internet for eternity. :D

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)