NCAA Basketball 2007-2008

A few notes from yesterday's opening round:

Not a whole lot of upsets to speak of. I was rooting for Belmont against Duke. Too bad they didn't pull it off at the end.

Super disappointed by my alma mater's (Kent St.) 1st half performance against UNLV. 10 freaking points! Are you kidding me? Either way, at least they made it respectable in the second half by scoring 48 points while losing 71-58. If they came out and scored 48 in the fist half, the would've whooped UNLV 96-58! Oh well, good luck UNLV, you will be facing Kansas next! :eek:

My most anticipated match-up was Kansas St. vs. USC. Mayo vs. Beasley. This was the first time that I've seen either team in action this year. Everything I've read said that Kansas St. was a one man team and would struggle if Beasley didn't dominate, while USC was the "better" all-around team. Well, K.St. was up pretty good at half and Beasley only had 4 points! USC didn't impress me at all. They lacked an inside presence, the ability to rebound and play any defense whatsoever. Kansas St. out-muscled them completely. I am now looking forward to Kansas St. vs. Wisconsin in the next round.

Yeah Kent St. beat KY's performance this year against Vanderbilt when they only scored 11 points in the fisrt half. I am glad somebody beat it because it was a shot clock era record for fewest points in a half, sorry it had to be your Kent St.

Two #4 seeds gone with the wind! I really love upsets, would've loved to see Duke go down against Belmont. Nothing against Duke, just love upsets!

Well....I HATE Duke, UConn, North Carolina, Georgetown and LOOOOOVVVEEE to see them loose! LMAO! Duke JUST snatched victory from the jaws of defeat....bastards! LOL;)

Oh the humanity...The carnage just continues. The last 2 days killed my brackets.

THAT is why I don't do the brackets NO MORE!!! What kinda world do we live in when you can't even depend on "mighty" Georgetown to be "lowly" Davidison??!!!

LMAO!!!!!!! SEE YA HOYAS!! New nickname for Davidson...."the Hoya Destroyas"!!!!

THAT is why I don't do the brackets NO MORE!!! What kinda world do we live in when you can't even depend on "mighty" Georgetown to be "lowly" Davidison??!!!

LMAO!!!!!!! SEE YA HOYAS!! New nickname for Davidson...."the Hoya Destroyas"!!!!

I like that. I'll be watching them live this weekend from the 22nd row at Ford Field. I hope the upsets continue!