NCAA Basketball 2012-13 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
MA
Indiana is the preseason #1, but other perennial powers (Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, UNC, UCLA and Louisville) are also top contenders for the National Title.

ESPN College Basketball Marathon

The annual marathon begins Monday night at midnight (Tuesday morning) following Chiefs-Steelers. Like the Winter Classic in the NHL, I love this new tradition (especially since I'm off from work this Tuesday :)).

The schedule.....

All Times ET

12:01 AM- West Virginia at Gonzaga
2:00 AM- Davidson at New Mexico (Midnight Madness at The Pit :))
4:00 AM- Houston Baptist at Hawaii
6:00 AM- Stony Brook at Rider
8:00 AM- Northern Illinois at Valparaiso
10:00 AM- Harvard at UMass
12:00 PM- Temple at Kent State
2:00 PM- Detroit at St. John's
4:00 PM- Butler at Xavier
7:00 PM- Michigan St. vs. Kansas
9:00 PM- Duke vs. Kentucky

Crazy start times locally for some of these games, but that's what makes this fun! :)

Midnight for the game in New Mexico
11:00pm for the game in Hawaii
6:00am for the game in New Jersey (Rider)
7:00am for the game in Indiana (Valpo)

IMO, the best part is the fans going crazy in some of these 3,000 seat "gyms"!

So when does a tourney name mean nothing.......when ESPN has a say

so today there are 2 games from the "Maui Invitational"....except the games are in NC & WI.....
Florida Atlantic @ UNC
Colgate @ Marquette

They are calling it "Maui on the Mainland" or something stupid like that

The REAL Maui invitational is next week

Crazy start times locally for some of these games, but that's what makes this fun! :)

The Hawaii game has ALWAYS been at 11 local time.....I mean where else would they have the game?
Those 6AM Eastern time game always is a blast....most of the kids there are hung over and didnt sleep the night before :)

That midnight game in NM outta be fun.....usually its a 11PM start on the west coast like St Marys

I know they wouldnt do this because they are D2 but ESPN could always do a game from Anchorage or Fairbanks (maybe against each other)...that would start at 10PM local time (2 Eastern)

I've always wanted to attend the 8:00 am game (this year it's a 7:00am local game). If BC, BU, Northeastern or Harvard ever hosts one, I'd love to get tickets. :)

Bama with a strong start to the season wins the 2k classic. Beating Villanova by 22.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts