NCAA Basketball 2012-13 Season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it either. Clark Kellogg said it was the first time that an ACC regular seaon AND tourney champ did NOT secure a #1 seed.

Like that would ever happen to Duke or UNC. :rolleyes:

Apparently,the entire ACC was penalized for what was considered a down or off year.Miami,imo deserved a number 1 seed.I also feel that UNC should have been at least a 7 seed.NC St. gets an 8 seed in Dayton,UNC,gets an 8 seed in Kansas City.UNC had a better conference record than St.and they had identical 24-10 records.In the last AP poll UNC was just outside the top 25,according to the votes they would have been 27th.NC St was down in the 30's.UNC,and Kentucky,used to be darlings of the NCAA tournament,definitely not this year.The NIT is loaded with both SEC and ACC teams now.

The ACC did have an off year, overall. They're ranked 4 in conference RPI, despite having #1 and #4 overall. That should tell you about the soft middle and bottom if the conference.

Miami has 2 150-200 RPI losses, and also one @ FGCU. Those are bad enough to warrant being seeded under a 2 loss Gonzaga team where both losses were top 50, and neither at home.

Miami has 2 150-200 RPI losses, and also one @ FGCU. Those are bad enough to warrant being seeded under a 2 loss Gonzaga team where both losses were top 50, and neither at home.

They beat NO ONE. Compare WINS. Then come back to me.

By the way....FGCU...MADE the NCAAs.

Sigh.

Gonzaga against tourney teams: 8-2
W: OU, Davidson, Pacific, Kansas St, @OK St, St Mary's, @St Mary's, St Mary's (N)
L: Illinois, @Butler

Miami against tourney teams: 8-3
W: Michigan St, La Salle, @UNC, dook, @NC St, UNC, NC St (N), UNC (N)
L: @FGCU, Arizona, @dook

That doesn't look that different to me...

...and Gonzaga successfully managed through their 150-200 RPI games, unlike Miami.

Either way, it's splitting hairs.

There is always going to be debates about seeding,and who gets in who doesn't.The way it looks now,it's better to win 25+ games and forget about the strength of schedule.

There is always going to be debates about seeding,and who gets in who doesn't.The way it looks now,it's better to win 25+ games and forget about the strength of schedule.

I agree, and at the end of the day there really isn't much of a difference between a 1 seed or a 2 seed. If you're a 1, you'll play the 8-9 game winner and if you're the 2 you'll play the 7-10 game winner.

IMO, the 1 or 2 seed difference is more of a stature thing than a competitive advantage. That said, I still think Miami deserved a #1 seed.

Miami wasn't even rated as the top 2 seed, based on who they got matched up with.

There is also geography in play, too. If you're Miami, would you have rather been a 1 seed in the West or a 2 in the East? I know which one I would want, in theory. (ironic, too, as all 4 UConn Final 4's came from the West)

I don't disagree. They were mostly playing for themselves to try and impress the scouts of the NBA and the way Harrow and Griffin always went flying down the lane and just heaving the ball in the air and praying for it to go in made me mad. I hope they both leave.

I would say if they don't leave and, throw Poythress in there too, they will be riding the bench next season. Unless they have a MAJOR shift in attitude.

The one-and-done Kentucky plan, IMHO, is NOT the reason they faltered this year. After all, they got to 2 Final Fours (and almost a 3rd) in Cal's first 3 years.

They just didn't have the right mix of guys- didn't have those guys where you say to yourself, 'I have faith in him.'- to mesh collectively.

You knew by January that Wall was gonna work, that Davis was a good fit, MKG, etc.

What really didn't help that a guy with trust potential- Noel- got hurt. Still, I think what hurt UK also before he got hurt when UK scuffled at times was that Noel didn't have that capable second guy he could mesh with.

Wall had Cousins and Bledsoe, Davis had MKG. Noel never was able to find his DeMarcus Cousins-esque or Kidd-Gilchrist 2nd banana.

I think one and done plays a part in this because they had no upperclassman leadership. So, I think you have a great point.

The dribble-drive-chuck-and-duck strikes again.

Calimari is a great recruiter, but his coaching leaves a lot to be desired.

I would say if they don't leave and, throw Poythress in there too, they will be riding the bench next season. Unless they have a MAJOR shift in attitude.

I agree. They played last night like they didn't even want to be there. No surprise after the game Poythress, Cauley-Stein, and Goodwin all said they are coming back next year.

The dribble-drive-chuck-and-duck strikes again.

Calimari is a great recruiter, but his coaching leaves a lot to be desired.

What? After one down year? I don't think so. They players have a lot to do with it too. You can only teach so much but if the players don't want to abide by it there isn't anything you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts