ESPN
Allstate BCS National Championship Game
No. 1 LSU vs. No. 2 Alabama
New Orleans
Louisiana Superdome
Jan. 9
8:30 p.m.
ESPN

so now there is two domes in Nawlins? ;)

R+L Carriers New Orleans
San Diego State vs. Louisiana-Lafayette New Orleans
Mercedes-Benz Superdome
Dec. 17
9 p.m. ESPN

Allstate Sugar
Michigan vs. Virginia Tech New Orleans
Louisiana Superdome Jan. 3
8:30 p.m. ESPN

I really like the SEC's chances this year to finish with only a couple losses. Florida being one of them :(

But I think we have a pretty good shot at making it 6 in a row for BCS national titles.

Nothing says a College Bowl game like the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. Btw, lets see. Fiesta, Sugar, BCS Title Game, Orange, Compass Bowl, GoDaddy.com Bowl. Now, 2 of those bowls are not in the same league with the BCS yet somehow the GoDaddy.com Bowl is the 2nd to last game BEFORE the BCS Title Game!! Explain to me how that works.

Nothing says a College Bowl game like the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. Btw, lets see. Fiesta, Sugar, BCS Title Game, Orange, Compass Bowl, GoDaddy.com Bowl. Now, 2 of those bowls are not in the same league with the BCS yet somehow the GoDaddy.com Bowl is the 2nd to last game BEFORE the BCS Title Game!! Explain to me how that works.
GoDaddy.com bowl
That was negotiated a few years back, I don't like it either, but it is what it is, most won't watch it anyways unless it's your team.

I'm sure Go Daddy paid for that to be in that spot.

Never heard of the Compass Bowl, wonder if it needs Direction ?

Really? Illinois gets a bowl game with a 6-6 record, and losing their last six games? REALLY??

And I have to say the all-SEC national championship game smells fishy to me. More reason for a playoff system.

Never heard of the Compass Bowl, wonder if it needs Direction ?

Compass is the US name of a Spanish bank, BBVA. As to wasted sponsorship it doesn't do business in Pennsylvania, so its ads are lost on the Pitt faithful. Some other regional companies people many not know in their areas are:

Valero (an oil company)
Beef O'Brady's (a "fast casual" restaurant, doesn't do business in West Virginia, home of Marshall)
Belk (a department store, only Kentucky outlets are far from Louisville)
Bridgeport Education (an operator of diploma mills)
Advocare (an Amway type pyramid scheme/multi-level marketing)
Auto Zone (car parts store)
Maaco (second-level auto body chain)
Franklin American (mortgage broker)
Gildan (clothing maker, based in Montreal with sweatshop all over Latin America)
R+L Carriers (trucking company)
SDCCU (a credit union operating only in San Diego)

And I have to say the all-SEC national championship game smells fishy to me. More reason for a playoff system.

of course its fishy... .0086 difference of Okla State getting in so that could very well be just a few voters that were bias towards the SEC and a rematch that they found for some reason "stimulating".

of course its fishy... .0086 difference of Okla State getting in so that could very well be just a few voters that were bias towards the SEC and a rematch that they found for some reason "stimulating".

Yeah, its obnoxious. But given the b.s. of the BCS, not surprising. Playoff would be much better, but even that has its problems. Yet, I'd rather see a playoff then place all this power in a combination of voters and computers.

I agree no way a non-conference champion should be ranked ahead of a conference champion like Ok st.. I mean could you imagine if say Clemson won the conference title but was still ranked below Vtech? Or say Oregon won the Conference title but was ranked below stanford...

Yeah, its obnoxious. But given the b.s. of the BCS, not surprising. Playoff would be much better, but even that has its problems. Yet, I'd rather see a playoff then place all this power in a combination of voters and computers.

So would the SEC. Which is why they proposed it.

I get very confused talking about the BCS. I know people want a playoff but how would you do it? Not a big college football guy but wasnt the BCS supposed to decide a National Champion? Instead, they added a BCS Title Game. So then whats the point of having the BCS Bowls? I mean the Sugar, Rose, Fiesta and Orange are somewhat meaningless because the BCS Title Game is the one that counts.

I agree no way a non-conference champion should be ranked ahead of a conference champion like Ok st.. I mean could you imagine if say Clemson won the conference title but was still ranked below Vtech? Or say Oregon won the Conference title but was ranked below stanford...

well Clemson is still ranked below VT and won the ACC title...so? They started out #20 something with VT #5.... wasn't going to drop or swap places from that loss.... it is what it is on that ordeal but you can't hang you're thoughts on that since if there was another system or a system that really worked from the start you wouldn't have this conversation to begin with and circumstances would have changed - paths would have changed could be seeing fully different results from a diff time line blah blah etc etc crazy to think about.

But you're comment really didn't have nothing to do with mine..you are only phishing and I don't know if you are bored or what? Point I was making is the difference between the two is so small that only a few voters could have swung that result by a bias vote towards the SEC and wanting to see a rematch cause they felt it was like watching a hammer take on a pc of steel = boring.

well Clemson is still ranked below VT and won the ACC title...so? They started out #20 something with VT #5.... wasn't going to drop or swap places from that loss.... it is what it is on that ordeal but you can't hang you're thoughts on that since if there was another system or a system that really worked from the start you wouldn't have this conversation to begin with and circumstances would have changed - paths would have changed could be seeing fully different results from a diff time line blah blah etc etc crazy to think about.

But you're comment really didn't have nothing to do with mine..you are only phishing and I don't know if you are bored or what? Point I was making is the difference between the two is so small that only a few voters could have swung that result by a bias vote towards the SEC and wanting to see a rematch cause they felt it was like watching a hammer take on a pc of steel = boring.
This game will not be boring.

I get very confused talking about the BCS. I know people want a playoff but how would you do it? Not a big college football guy but wasnt the BCS supposed to decide a National Champion? Instead, they added a BCS Title Game. So then whats the point of having the BCS Bowls? I mean the Sugar, Rose, Fiesta and Orange are somewhat meaningless because the BCS Title Game is the one that counts.
Meaningless? Maybe I'm crazy, but weren't those bowl games played before there was a BCS? Wasn't the purpose of the BCS to put the best two college teams in the country into a game to decide who's best? Arguably, aren't LSU and Alabama the two best teams? I'm getting older, maybe I'm imagining things.

Meaningless? Maybe I'm crazy, but weren't those bowl games played before there was a BCS? Wasn't the purpose of the BCS to put the best two college teams in the country into a game to decide who's best? Arguably, aren't LSU and Alabama the two best teams? I'm getting older, maybe I'm imagining things.

Spot On.

The BCS has a sole objective, put the top two teams on the field at the end of the day. That's what they did .

Nothing about being a Conference Champion matters, if they wanted that they could have put it in the language.

It's also not the first time a Non Conference Champ has played.

I'm an SEC guy but I freely admit that OSU has a strong resume and I wouldn't have said a word had they been slotted in the game.

Two teams had a worthy argument, trying to diminish either of them just reeks of bitterness or an agenda.

Hopefully this will be the impetus for needed change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts